Hacking Crediar to release newer version of QuadForce...

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Got the iso for F-Zero, the game gives a black screen on USBL-GX but with DM(L) Booter I get a screen asking to adjust the controller, I stayed there for an hour circling the analog stick and mashing A/B as the ReadMe says before I fed up and turned off the console, I thank Crediar for the update but I'm very sorry to say I'm going back for QuadForce V1 unless an update comes out!

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Got the iso for F-Zero, the game gives a black screen on USBL-GX but with DM(L) Booter I get a screen asking to adjust the controller, I stayed there for an hour circling the analog stick and mashing A/B as the ReadMe says before I fed up and turned off the console, I thank Crediar for the update but I'm very sorry to say I'm going back for QuadForce V1 unless an update comes out!
You're meant to press Start after the analog stick/A/B test.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
That's not what the readme for 0.2 says. It's a single .bin file, if it uses any GPL code then the whole thing falls under GPL and the complete source code must be provided, not just for the GPL portions.
Well I fail to see were he blatantly lied, anyways why you so worried about the source code?.

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
IF YOU WANT 'CARD SUPPORT', YOU'LL HAVE TO DONATE IN ORDER TO GET ANOTHER RELEASE!!!
Other than that... crediar actually stayed true to his word!!! :)
When has crediar not stayed true to his word? He's a man of his word as far as I can tell. Whether I donated or not, he's done what he said he would :)
Well hopefully now you'll be inclined to donate yourself :creep: Unless you just always frown upon donations in general and just like to reap the benefits off the donators and devs :P lol j/k but for real hope u donate, I need card and USB support in my life :D
Guys I just found out Mario Kart GP 2 doesn't have an announcer, I'm not liking this update so far, can anyone tell me if it's possible to enable the announcer and save in the game? I'm honestly not interested in the update if I still couldn't save or lose the announcer!
Check out the OP, it has milestones, Card Support is still a ways off, unless 20 more people donate €10 which should actually be easily achievable.

You're meant to press Start after the analog stick/A/B test.
yea it worked no prob on my end as well, just hit start after the a/b/test

Reactions: sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Check out the OP, it has milestones, Card Support is still a ways off, unless 20 more people donate €10 which should actually be easily achievable.
What's an OP? O.o Sorry but I don't get that part, I wanna try it though if it retains the announcer again!

yea it worked no prob on my end as well, just hit start after the a/b/test
Heh weird, I tried for over an hour with no luck, yes I pressed start like a million times, the numbers increease sometimes, maybe I should try again!

wendy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I fail to see were he blatantly lied, anyways why you so worried about the source code?.
Ignoring the legal arguments of violating licences, the issue is transparency. If people are paying money they deserve to know exactly what they're paying for. The readme claims there is no relation to DML nor any GPL code used so people are meant to believe they're funding a completely new project, but that's not true. People are effectively paying crediar at least in part for the work of others who released their code as GPL and for other code that was written long ago as part of DML.
Sonictopfan's post about the GP2 announcer also raises two issues stemming from one: without the source code we can't see what has been changed i.e. what people have been paying for. How do we know certain features will not be intentionally broken to persuade people to donate towards the next milestone? New releases of DM/DML have frequently broken features that worked in previous releases which were able to be fixed by other people, this isn't possible without source code.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I finally got F-Zero to work though configuring the controls is still troublesome for me, everytime I do the controls are messed up that I end up with auto scrolling menus and I end up selecting Time Attack mode and a random character, how to correctly configure the control? Do I hold Up, Down, Left, Right, A, and B? Do I just tab them? Or do I "CIRCLE" the analog stick then hit A and B? Sorry for noob question.

Edit: I checked the original post and I see that Card support and USB support aren't out yet, I would help donate some cash myself if I had a way to pay online (I'm actually getting my next salary payment soon) but where I come from we have a saying "The eye sees but the arm can't reach" so I'm very sorry :(

In any case, I still wonder why was the announcer disabled from Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 in QuadForce v2? This really turns me off, it's a good thing I kept QF1 I hope someone can explain this to me!

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ignoring the legal arguments of violating licences, the issue is transparency. If people are paying money they deserve to know exactly what they're paying for. The readme claims there is no relation to DML nor any GPL code used so people are meant to believe they're funding a completely new project, but that's not true. People are effectively paying crediar at least in part for the work of others who released their code as GPL and for other code that was written long ago as part of DML.
Sonictopfan's post about the GP2 announcer also raises two issues stemming from one: without the source code we can't see what has been changed i.e. what people have been paying for. How do we know certain features will not be intentionally broken to persuade people to donate towards the next milestone? New releases of DM/DML have frequently broken features that worked in previous releases which were able to be fixed by other people, this isn't possible without source code.

I LOVE how you created an account on here JUST to talk shit. I just thought I would point that out. And you continue to BITCH about not receiving the sourcecode... did you even donate a single dime? You're clearly just upset beacuse of the fact that you don't have a copy of the sourcecode, and its just sad. Stop bitching about what YOU think people should get for their money. Everyone on here knows exactly what their money is going towards and they're clearly fine with it. Why don't you just shut the fuck up? :) Look! I can make an account just to talk shit toooo!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeee

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well I finally got F-Zero to work though configuring the controls is still troublesome for me, everytime I do the controls are messed up that I end up with auto scrolling menus and I end up selecting Time Attack mode and a random character, how to correctly configure the control? Do I hold Up, Down, Left, Right, A, and B? Do I just tab them? Or do I "CIRCLE" the analog stick then hit A and B? Sorry for noob question.

Edit: I checked the original post and I see that Card support and USB support aren't out yet, I would help donate some cash myself if I had a way to pay online (I'm actually getting my next salary payment soon) but where I come from we have a saying "The eye sees but the arm can't reach" so I'm very sorry :(

In any case, I still wonder why was the announcer disabled from Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 in QuadForce v2? This really turns me off, it's a good thing I kept QF1 I hope someone can explain this to me!
I keep pressing the directions until it doesn't change. Maybe try a new controller? And the announcer was disabled because of how annoying he is. :P

And can I just say, the people STILL making demands and general complaints, it's really ungrateful and disrespectful behaviour. I mean, come on. It's been a YEAR since the leak and since the last build. We were to expect no more in the future, then this happened and pulled through. Yet everyone is still complaining.

Yes, the source code isn't in 2.0. I'd say Crediar still has some surprises in store for us, and the only way we'll find out is if we hit 500. That'll be all future updates, so there'd be no reason to hold it back. If you want something to happen, you've got to take action.

Come one everyone, the reaction so far has been appalling. We should be thankful for what we have.

Reactions: funnyguy77

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I keep pressing the directions until it doesn't change. Maybe try a new controller? And the announcer was disabled because of how annoying he is. :P

And can I just say, the people STILL making demands and general complaints, it's really ungrateful and disrespectful behaviour. I mean, come on. It's been a YEAR since the leak and since the last build. We were to expect no more in the future, then this happened and pulled through. Yet everyone is still complaining.

Yes, the source code isn't in 2.0. I'd say Crediar still has some surprises in store for us, and the only way we'll find out is if we hit 500. That'll be all future updates, so there'd be no reason to hold it back. If you want something to happen, you've got to take action.

Come one everyone, the reaction so far has been appalling. We should be thankful for what we have.

I could not agree more. We should all just be thankful and yes! Work torwards that 500euros!!! :)

wendy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I LOVE how you created an account on here JUST to talk shit. I just thought I would point that out. And you continue to BITCH about not receiving the sourcecode... did you even donate a single dime? You're clearly just upset beacuse of the fact that you don't have a copy of the sourcecode, and its just sad. Stop bitching about what YOU think people should get for their money. Everyone on here knows exactly what their money is going towards and they're clearly fine with it. Why don't you just shut the fuck up? :) Look! I can make an account just to talk shit toooo!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeee
I love how you didn't realize I've been a member of this website for nearly 18 months before now, and you're a sock puppet account of jackson pesto who has reported new issues with the updated build. Are you saying you would prefer to pay to have those issues fixed rather than somebody else do it for free?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

Honestly it's to be expected, I think Crediar and lot's of devs know this. It's playable, and it makes me happy. Are there bugs to be ironed out and features to be added of course, but again we get a taste in the meantime. There might be issues with certain SD cards again amongst other things and I just don't see this getting update/bugfix support until of course the full requested donation is met.

I don't care how long it takes though cuz I know it's going to happen ;)

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
I love how you didn't realize I've been a member of this website for nearly 18 months before now, and you're a sock puppet account of jackson pesto who has reported new issues with the updated build. Are you saying you would prefer to pay to have those issues fixed rather than somebody else do it for free?
Y'know, I have feeling it's not an issue, but how the game was made. Try thinking about it in terms of driving, or using an actual force feedback wheel.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright I'll try that next time, and while I agree the announcer "seems" annoying before you get used to it I still feel the game is totally naked without him, kinda like how both Sonic Riders Zero Gravity and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed lacked the announcer, this is indeed a game breaking for me and I'm sure there are others who liked the announcer, to me TriForce is just Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 because as much as I enjoy F-Zero we already have those levels unlocked in the GCN version, I don't want to be ungrateful though and I really thank Crediar for giving it another thought and releasing QuadForce v2, hopefully he will make an option to re-enable the announcement in MKAGP2 if he really disabled it for the sake of doing so.

Reactions: Ericss

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Alright I'll try that next time, and while I agree the announcer "seems" annoying before you get used to it I still feel the game is totally naked without him, kinda like how both Sonic Riders Zero Gravity and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed lacked the announcer, this is indeed a game breaking for me and I'm sure there are others who liked the announcer, to me TriForce is just Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 because as much as I enjoy F-Zero we already have those levels unlocked in the GCN version, I don't want to be ungrateful though and I really thank Crediar for giving it another thought and releasing QuadForce v2, hopefully he will make an option to re-enable the announcement in MKAGP2 if he really disabled it for the sake of doing so.
Maybe in a later version, it'll go Test Menu before game?

Until then, we can only dream until the donations pull through.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, considering that people paid for this update to happen, I don't think they're being unreasonable. Not all of them, at least.

Alright I'll try that next time, and while I agree the announcer "seems" annoying before you get used to it I still feel the game is totally naked without him, kinda like how both Sonic Riders Zero Gravity and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed lacked the announcer, this is indeed a game breaking for me and I'm sure there are others who liked the announcer, to me TriForce is just Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 because as much as I enjoy F-Zero we already have those levels unlocked in the GCN version
Agreed. Removing features just because SOME people don't like them is a big no-no in my book.

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay guys how i am supposed to install it? I never used quadforce 0.1 so i have no clue :)
I installed the WAD but where needs the quadforce.bin needs to be placed?
Do i need to uninstall Dios Mios first?
I use NAND, no sneek or anything.
I also use Dios Mios Booter v30 but it could not find anything.
Thanks for help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout