ruvelro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello.

I am thinking of creating an emunand with SX OS. I currently use 9.0.1 in SYSNAND, very dirty but without connecting to the Internet (no ban, I guess). I have some NSP installed, I usually use XCI (plus its updates on NSP installed) and all savegames. I have burned effuses.

If I use the option to create Emunand from the sx os boot menu, what should I keep in mind? The idea would be to copy everything from the SD to the computer, create the hidden emunand and then copy the data back to the SD. Would you lose the saved games? I think not. And would I have to reinstall something?

That for now. Then later I would think about cleaning the SYSNAND to connect online. Any idea how to do it? I have a copy of the nand in 6.1, an almost clean nand (it only loaded some XCI and the game updates were automatically downloaded from the Nintendo servers). But I have burned effuses. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I am thinking of creating an emunand with SX OS. I currently use 9.0.1 in SYSNAND, very dirty but without connecting to the Internet (no ban, I guess). I have some NSP installed, I usually use XCI (plus its updates on NSP installed) and all savegames. I have burned effuses.

If I use the option to create Emunand from the sx os boot menu, what should I keep in mind? The idea would be to copy everything from the SD to the computer, create the hidden emunand and then copy the data back to the SD. Would you lose the saved games? I think not. And would I have to reinstall something?

That for now. Then later I would think about cleaning the SYSNAND to connect online. Any idea how to do it? I have a copy of the nand in 6.1, an almost clean nand (it only loaded some XCI and the game updates were automatically downloaded from the Nintendo servers). But I have burned effuses. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
EmuNAND is just a copy of sysNAND. You can still restore your NAND backup even if you burnt fuses, you will just have to bypass the fuse check by booting through RCM with a custom bootloader but there is no way to reliably clean the NAND.

VOFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently did something like this - dont go online with your dirty sysnand. Its asking for trouble.

There is a tool available on here (Haku33 Homebrew App) that will wipe your sysnand of everything and set you back to 100% stock. What I did was the following with my dirty switch:

1) Backup both of my 64GB SD's that I use, then wiped one of them.
2) Put the SXOS files on the blank card, then dumped my current NAND - Just in case. Then moved it to my PC. Also turned off AutoRCM
3) Put the tool I linked in the blank SD with the SXOS files, and ran it - this sets your switch back to factory and wipes everything on it so you will lose any installed stuff, etc. In theory it should also be getting rid of all the stuff that we dont want in the sysnand that is making it dirty any more so you can get back online.
4) Went through the initial switch setup and entered the eShop on the now "clean" NAND to check for a ban, as I hadnt been online on my switch since I installed SXOS for the first time. I wasnt banned, so I updated the Switch, then deleted the Wifi settings I had so there was no way for it to connect to the internet. This is important in my mind so when you first boot your emunand it doesnt send logs to nintendo straight away.
5) Booted SXOS payload and created the EmuNand - I chose the recomended hidden partition setup.
6) Booted Sysnand with no payload and setup wifi again for online play.
7) Pushed SXOS payload and boot Emunand. Set the theme to Black so you can tell the difference. Set up Network with 90DNS and installed Incognito.
8) Turn off switch, and put stuff back on your new Emunand SD card.

From here on out, I have been playing Smash online for about a week now, and using SXOS in Emunand with no issues. I am a little paranoid for a ban, but I feel like it is the only option if you want to try and do not have a 100% clean sysnand backup available. I dont think anyone else who has done this/similar has had any ban yet - so hopefully this works out.

If anyone sees this post and thinks I am crazy for trying this, please let me know as it seems to be working so far, but I am curious to see if anyone thinks this is a bad idea.

And if you somehow brick your switch or something its not my fault :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I recently did something like this - dont go online with your dirty sysnand. Its asking for trouble.

There is a tool available on here (Haku33 Homebrew App) that will wipe your sysnand of everything and set you back to 100% stock. What I did was the following with my dirty switch:

1) Backup both of my 64GB SD's that I use, then wiped one of them.
2) Put the SXOS files on the blank card, then dumped my current NAND - Just in case. Then moved it to my PC. Also turned off AutoRCM
3) Put the tool I linked in the blank SD with the SXOS files, and ran it - this sets your switch back to factory and wipes everything on it so you will lose any installed stuff, etc. In theory it should also be getting rid of all the stuff that we dont want in the sysnand that is making it dirty any more so you can get back online.
4) Went through the initial switch setup and entered the eShop on the now "clean" NAND to check for a ban, as I hadnt been online on my switch since I installed SXOS for the first time. I wasnt banned, so I updated the Switch, then deleted the Wifi settings I had so there was no way for it to connect to the internet. This is important in my mind so when you first boot your emunand it doesnt send logs to nintendo straight away.
5) Booted SXOS payload and created the EmuNand - I chose the recomended hidden partition setup.
6) Booted Sysnand with no payload and setup wifi again for online play.
7) Pushed SXOS payload and boot Emunand. Set the theme to Black so you can tell the difference. Set up Network with 90DNS and installed Incognito.
8) Turn off switch, and put stuff back on your new Emunand SD card.

From here on out, I have been playing Smash online for about a week now, and using SXOS in Emunand with no issues. I am a little paranoid for a ban, but I feel like it is the only option if you want to try and do not have a 100% clean sysnand backup available. I dont think anyone else who has done this/similar has had any ban yet - so hopefully this works out.

If anyone sees this post and thinks I am crazy for trying this, please let me know as it seems to be working so far, but I am curious to see if anyone thinks this is a bad idea.

And if you somehow brick your switch or something its not my fault :P
That is worse than just using the NAND backup because the logs on the NAND backup match those on the Nintendo servers. Nintendo already have logs of the XCIs that were ran, but they might not find out, if the logs are wiped however that's a dead giveaway.

saneatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my question is why is this bad?

He’s using a clean reset system to go online and his emunand has 90DNS and is blocking all telemetry to Nintendo.

Unless Nintendo starts banning people for formatting their systems, as long as you’ve kept your switch in airplane Nintendo shouldn’t have any logs.

saneatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my question is why is this bad?

He’s using a clean reset system to go online and his emunand has 90DNS and is blocking all telemetry to Nintendo.

Unless Nintendo starts banning people for formatting their systems, as long as you’ve kept your switch in airplane Nintendo shouldn’t have any logs.

So what if the last time you went online was months before you hacked it? I kept my switch in airplane mode for about a month before the first tools were released and it's been that way ever since. My plan was to restore to a 4.1.0 nand backup I have, then use the Haku33 tool to reset the system itself. The 4.1.0 backup was unfortunately after I played around with linux and a few other things. Made another backup before I first tried any actual home-brew though, let alone SX OS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr