Hacking Crap, easy to use channel creator

kidwizz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I cant seem to get Super Smash Bros Brawl PAL working? I've tried quite a few options now, and still cant get a channel working.

Thanks.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
kidwizz said:
Hey, I cant seem to get Super Smash Bros Brawl PAL working? I've tried quite a few options now, and still cant get a channel working.

Thanks.

Which loader do you use to run SSBB, normally?

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiCrazy said:
@kidwizz : possibly you are using an old rev of usb loader gx... anyway you can launch ssbb with standalone 1.6 loader already existing in Crap.

But he said the game is working if played directly from the app.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wiixale said:
WiiCrazy said:
@kidwizz : possibly you are using an old rev of usb loader gx... anyway you can launch ssbb with standalone 1.6 loader already existing in Crap.

But he said the game is working if played directly from the app.
not sure about rev #'s, especially for usb loader gx (as I use configurable)... so bear with me

but I think WiiCrazy is trying to say that the OP may be using a old version of usbloader gx, that can play SSBB, but does not support CRAP forwarder channels. USB Loader GX Game-Specific Forwarder Channels made by CRAP were not supported by USB loader gx until recently (i think). Also, make sure that u have SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol saved on the sd card (if this path doesn't exist, CRAP usbloader gx forwarder channels will not work)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Yeah like Xflak pointed out, I too can't remember the revision which introduced launching a game via args.

btw the paths forwarder is looking for to launch the usbloader gx boot.dol actually are (in the search order)

/apps/usbloader_gx/
/apps/usbloadergx/
/apps/usb_loader/
/apps/usb-loader/

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiCrazy said:
Yeah like Xflak pointed out, I too can't remember the revision which introduced launching a game via args.

Understood.
wink.gif
Thanks XFlak & WiiCrazy for explanation.

So he can use standalone loader included in Crap, so he can bypass the problem.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
wiixale said:
WiiCrazy said:

Understood.
wink.gif
Thanks XFlak & WiiCrazy for explanation.

So he can use standalone loader included in Crap, so he can bypass the problem.

Yeah, either that way or updating to a usbloader gx version that supports game launching with arguments.

jackharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Currently making the extra parameters stuff for Configurable Usb Loader forwarder a bit user friendly. I need all the nifty parameters we can pass to the loader... those we set in the game options menu and some device specific ones...

So I need help
smile.gif

Here are the ones I gathered so far,

debug=1
device=sdhc
device=usb
ocarina=1
language=english
language=japanese ... (french, italian, spanish, possibly more)
video=ntsc
video=pal ... (other modes?)

Really hoping that somebody can help you with this. Our community [kc-mm.com] is eagerly awaiting the ability to load Brawl with Ocarina Codes enabled via the Configurable USB Loader pathway. One click of the wiimote would be a dream come true. Hope to see this incorporated soon!

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
jackharvest said:
Really hoping that somebody can help you with this. Our community [kc-mm.com] is eagerly awaiting the ability to load Brawl with Ocarina Codes enabled via the Configurable USB Loader pathway. One click of the wiimote would be a dream come true. Hope to see this incorporated soon!

Mmh... I do not use cheats, so I never tried to load them, but: setting "ocarina = 1" does not help you?

jackharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiixale said:
jackharvest said:

Mmh... I do not use cheats, so I never tried to load them, but: setting "ocarina = 1" does not help you?

When I select "Conf. USB Loader" from the menu in Crap 3.3b, everything is greyed out that I'd like to change (mainly just the checkmark box next to Ocarina). Can I use a different option from the drop down menu, even though I run my USB games via Configurable USB Loader? It's the most popular of the USB loaders, I'm surprised these options haven't been developed for it. >_>

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
thats because you need to use the forwarder to the game thru CFG, so if you have ocarina enable in CFG then it would be applied by the forwarder

so

SM - SSBB Channel - Start - CFG (runs game and applies what ever setting are set in CFG) - Game starts

all without actually loading CFG and selecting the game, apply codes, then starting the game manually

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
jackharvest said:
When I select "Conf. USB Loader" from the menu in Crap 3.3b, everything is greyed out that I'd like to change (mainly just the checkmark box next to Ocarina). Can I use a different option from the drop down menu, even though I run my USB games via Configurable USB Loader? It's the most popular of the USB loaders, I'm surprised these options haven't been developed for it. >_>

Maybe because you use the "Conf. USB Loader Direct".
You have to use the "Configurable forwarder" (or "Configurable forwarder (no intro)", that I suggest), that allows you to write extra parameters (like "ocarina = 1").

EDIT: pepxl, I didn't notice your post.
tongue.gif

jackharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiixale said:
jackharvest said:

Maybe because you use the "Conf. USB Loader Direct".
You have to use the "Configurable forwarder" (or "Configurable forwarder (no intro)", that I suggest), that allows you to write extra parameters (like "ocarina = 1").

EDIT: pepxl, I didn't notice your post.
tongue.gif

Thanks, this worked.
biggrin.gif

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
jackharvest said:
Thanks, this worked.
biggrin.gif

Good.
wink.gif

WiiCrazy, this last situation made me think: if I use CFG Loader as normal and save some settings for a game, creating a channel with Crap and using CFG Loader without any extra-parameters shouldn't load those settings, because of the saved settings-file?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
wiixale said:
jackharvest said:
Thanks, this worked.
biggrin.gif

Good.
wink.gif

WiiCrazy, this last situation made me think: if I use CFG Loader as normal and save some settings for a game, creating a channel with Crap and using CFG Loader without any extra-parameters shouldn't load those settings, because of the saved settings-file?

Yep exactly... and you can override them if you select different arguments to launch the game in Crap. (exception is the partition info which you must select regardless of your configurable usb loader configuration)

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
I would really like this application to have to ability to save presets arguments instead of having to reselect all arguments option each time I want to create a channel.

Since for most of them I use, configurable forwarder (no intro), partition=FAT1, IOS=249, video=system, language=console, write_playlog=1

Btw, does configurable forwarder (no intro) uses SD:/apps"usbloader/boot.dol ??

Pip'

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Pippin666 said:
I would really like this application to have to ability to save presets arguments instead of having to reselect all arguments option each time I want to create a channel.

Since for most of them I use, configurable forwarder (no intro), partition=FAT1, IOS=249, video=system, language=console, write_playlog=1

Btw, does configurable forwarder (no intro) uses SD:/apps"usbloader/boot.dol ??

Pip'

Why don't you select those settings in Configurable? Arguments feature is for exceptional features like if you want to force video, use ocarina, change language and stuff... you don't have to specify most of these. Configurable once launched will use it's stored settings.

Still yeah in a future release it might remember loader preferences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.