Hacking Crap, easy to use channel creator

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi WiiCrazy, I found some other strings not translated.
tongue.gif

I was installing a wad through the "Test / Install" feature, and this is what appeared:

wiiload.jpg

As you can see, in the red rectangles the text is not translated.
I was not be able to find the strings in language file.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:
any chance of increasing the size limit of 4mb on crazy installer???

Possibly no. You don't need it for game channels.

QUOTE(wiixale @ Apr 10 2010, 08:25 PM) Hi WiiCrazy, I found some other strings not translated.
tongue.gif

I was installing a wad through the "Test / Install" feature, and this is what appeared:

wiiload.jpg

As you can see, in the red rectangles the text is not translated.
I was not be able to find the strings in language file.

Well I was talking about these actually. Today I've worked on Crazy Intro, adding mii display support so this week is done in terms of wii development. Possibly next week I'll update this Crap
tongue.gif

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiCrazy said:
Well I was talking about these actually. Today I've worked on Crazy Intro, adding mii display support so this week is done in terms of wii development. Possibly next week I'll update this Crap
tongue.gif

Uh, okay.
wink.gif

It's not a defective issue, anyway.
wink.gif

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to make a channel that loads using cIOS223 (Hermes)? I'm trying to create a forwarder for Monster Hunter Tri and this seems to be the only setting that works using a USB Loader.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Tagg7 said:
Is there any way to make a channel that loads using cIOS223 (Hermes)? I'm trying to create a forwarder for Monster Hunter Tri and this seems to be the only setting that works using a USB Loader.

You should add "ios=223-mload" to the extra parameter field so that it looks like...

partition= ios=223-mload

blaze91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to do extra parameter with the 1.6 loader to change which ios to boot off of? hermes seems to have the best compatibility for MP3 in MPT and with alt dol and putting in new banners i could make channels of each game. great job on the alt dol btw, most channel making programs dont incorporate it and the ones ive seen with it dont offer to choose a dol or make it as easy to use. are the loaders incorporated in the channel forwarders for each game because i tried to put the 1.6 in its own folder in apps and rename it too boot.dol and just got a black screen. havent been able to find much reading on the 1.6 usb loader i know its stand alone and not a forwarder though. im running x19 as 249 and rev 5 for hermes 222 and 223 if i need to do something to make the loader work on its own with wbfs or if it needs a game forwarder, i normally run usb gx btw

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope, USB Loader 1.6 is based on Waninkoko's, which exclusively used IOS249. (It dates back to before Hermes was even known of.)

I believe that only USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader (forwarder) channels will let you use IOS222/3/4.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read any posts so I don't know if this was suggested but why can't we type the path of our usb loader?

Instead of a drop-down menu we have a text field. in said field we can type "sd:\apps\usbloader\" or "fat:\apps\usbloader\".

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
harmor said:
I haven't read any posts so I don't know if this was suggested but why can't we type the path of our usb loader?

Instead of a drop-down menu we have a text field. in said field we can type "sd:\apps\usbloader\" or "fat:\apps\usbloader\".
???

The drop-down menu tells Crap what loader/forwarder to embed in the channel. The loader is inside of the channel unless you opted to use a forwarder.

If you're asking why a forwarder won't use a custom directory, I've seen little (if any) demand for that.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Ability to choose the location of the actual loader for the forwarders is a valid request. But that will just complicate the business for most of the users... those who can't even differentiate between a built-in loader and a forwarder. So no, that will not be implemented, as Xflak pointed out one can simply tweak the source for the forwarder and recompile and add it as a new loader.

Crap is a flexible program, you are not limited to the loaders provided by me, you can add your own.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Currently making the extra parameters stuff for Configurable Usb Loader forwarder a bit user friendly. I need all the nifty parameters we can pass to the loader... those we set in the game options menu and some device specific ones...

So I need help
smile.gif

Here are the ones I gathered so far,

debug=1
device=sdhc
device=usb
ocarina=1
language=english
language=japanese ... (french, italian, spanish, possibly more)
video=ntsc
video=pal ... (other modes?)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ios=223-mload
ios=222-mload
ios=249 (i think)
ios=250 (i think)
etc.

I also think there is a parameter for alt-dol... i can't remember what it is right now (probably just "alt-dol=1" or something like that). You could probably change where the wii-menu button takes u also (can't remember the parameter for that though... maybe "return_to"??)

if u want to see more parameters, check out the configurator for configurable, have it create the config files with w/e settings interest you, then browse them.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Thanks Xflak, Configurator hopefully did the job... I haven't tested any of the configuration options, hopefully they will work (with the restrictions possibly enforced by cfg. usb loader if any)

Btw, here is the new version

download : CrapV3.3b

Changes :
Code:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Crap v3.3b -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
30/04/2010 WiiCrazy (I.R.on)
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Multilanguage fixes, added new keys into several language files
in English. 

* New configuration string in crap.cfg to list extra parameters
for forwarders. 

* Semi-user-friendly filling of extra parameters. Just double 
click from a list of all possible configuration strings.

* Added Italian language (thanks to wiixale)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no problem!

Great work!! It even starts up faster than before!

Has the no intro loader changed? Just curious if I need to update my custom categorii-friendly loader dols or if my existing ones are still up to date (i suspect they are still up to date)

btw, all the "home=*" options can be removed, those settings only apply when in configurable USB loader, but not in the game

just to clarify, any parameters entered into the conf forwarder channel will take precedence over the configurable USB loader settings... but if an option is omitted from crap, then the channel will use the settings in conf usb loader, correct? For example, if I make the forwarder channel with IOS=222, it will load with 222... but if I don't add anything, then the game will load using whatever settings I have defined in conf usb loader (ie. IOS249), correct?

also, shouldn't we be able to pass parameters into the non-forwarding loaders? (like conf. USB Loader direct FAT)... or is this not possible?

What I would really like to see in future releases is having 1 forwarder channel that check multiple partitions for the game (in the order defined by the user).

For example, it would be awesome to have 1 forwarder try to launch the title from FAT1, then FAT2, then WBFS1, WBFS2, then NTFS1, NTFS2 etc. But I imagine this would have to be built into configurable usb loader before CRAP can even support it.

Thanks again!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@Xflak:
Well let's go one by one,

1. No loader changed in this new release
2. home=*, thought they patched the game's home option through this. Not so usable though I've thought it would be useful when testing the games through homebrew channel.
3. Yes I assume settings work as you described. To add, if you specify an extra parameter like ios=222 then your channel will always use ios 222 no matter what you select in cfg. usb loader settings.
4. Passing extra parameters to direct loaders (cfg/gx) is not possible unless the feature is implemented in either loader or in the nand loaders.
5. About trying possible partition/filesystem, I think it's a bit overkill... yeah currently fat&ntfs support relies on cfg. usb loader so what you say is definitely correct.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I run the app and I found an error. But this time it's mine!
biggrin.gif

In the translation, I also translated a key entry, so when I entered into the NAND Loader or IP Configuration, it gave me a JIT error.
tongue.gif

So I updated the translation, correcting also few language bugs. You can find it here.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
wiixale said:
I run the app and I found an error. But this time it's mine!
biggrin.gif

In the translation, I also translated a key entry, so when I entered into the NAND Loader or IP Configuration, it gave me a JIT error.
tongue.gif

So I updated the translation, correcting also few language bugs. You can find it here.

Hmm I fixed a similar error in another language file (Danish) but didn't notice this. Thanks
wink.gif
I'll distribute the fixed file along with next version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1