XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
a boy and his blob is blocked because it causes banner bricks... the other game you referenced should be fine

if you are using the configurable forwarder, the game will load with the same settings you have set in configurable usb-loader. But you can still pass arguments (like alt-dol!) by adding them to the text box... more details in this post

WiiCrazy said:
say you want to launch the game using Italian language, use below parameters
language=italian

Or say if you want to use ocarina, then use this,
ocarina=1

Or say you want to use ios 223 with mload,
ios=223-mload

Or say you want all of them
ios=223-mload ocarina=1 language=italian

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiCrazy said:
Well Crap has an online block feature for those game banners that banner bricks the wii... see here : http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/CrapBlockedGames.xml

Of course I am only updating that list whenever a banner brick occurs... I'm glad up till now no one banner bricked their wiis using Crap...

ps: they didn't banner brick through a boy and his blob at the time it's released because there was a restriction in the program that prevented creation of channels for games with disc ids starting with S letter... oh that was a long sentence

Thanks for the answer.

Just another question: do you know if other people installed channels for game with S-starting IDs? If I'm not wrong, there are musig games with that kind of ID.

P.S. what about my question about alternate-dol?

EDIT: I'm sorry, I didn't see XFlak's answer before writing. So CFG forwarder takes the CFG settings? That's good, so I explain why options are not choosable in Crap.
smile.gif

I'll create GTI Club channel right now.
smile.gif

Thanks all.

EDIT 2: GTI Club and RedSteel channels created with CFG No-Intro dol and everything went fine! Thanks folks!
biggrin.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Yeah nothing bad about S letter in the disc Id's... "A boy and his blob" was just a good coincidence...

Installing preloader is a good countermeasure for banner bricks... or wait at least 1, 2 week after a new game release to create a game channel... during that time someone possibly will give notice of the banner bricking game (possibly through a banner brick) and then the blocked game list will get updated...

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiCrazy said:
Yeah nothing bad about S letter in the disc Id's... "A boy and his blob" was just a good coincidence...

Installing preloader is a good countermeasure for banner bricks... or wait at least 1, 2 week after a new game release to create a game channel... during that time someone possibly will give notice of the banner bricking game (possibly through a banner brick) and then the blocked game list will get updated...

Well, I'm protected by BootMii (even if I hope not to use it never!).

Just a question: is there a way to know or try a banner before install the wad? Maybe on an emulated NAND?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
wiixale said:
WiiCrazy said:

Well, I'm protected by BootMii (even if I hope not to use it never!).

Just a question: is there a way to know or try a banner before install the wad? Maybe on an emulated NAND?

Well If you have bootmii@boot2 then there is no reason to fear about bannerbricks...

And yes, through sneek you can test banner bricking channels.. with bootmii@boot2 better yet install them and just launch homebrew channel and delete the offending channel...

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
is anyone else having a problem making a channel for the conduit? I keep getting an error telling me that the banner is no good. I think it may be an issue with my ISO though (since I haven't read about anyone else having problems).

Should I get a fresh rip of the conduit and try again? Or should I not waste my time?

thx

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@Xflak : Well it's fine through wbfs, let me try extracting the iso and trying it that way too...

edit: it's fine through iso too... partition setup is like, partition 0 - PART INFO , partition 1 - DATA... could you check if your copy has the system update intact?

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiCrazy said:
Well If you have bootmii@boot2 then there is no reason to fear about bannerbricks...

And yes, through sneek you can test banner bricking channels.. with bootmii@boot2 better yet install them and just launch homebrew channel and delete the offending channel...

Yes, I have BootMii as boot2, but avoiding problems is always better that curing them...
wink.gif

I should try Sneek, one of these days.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiCrazy said:
@Xflak : Well it's fine through wbfs, let me try extracting the iso and trying it that way too...

edit: it's fine through iso too... partition setup is like, partition 0 - PART INFO , partition 1 - DATA... could you check if your copy has the system update intact?
I only have partition:0 - Data (the Conduit)

no other partitions... so the system update files are needed to properly extract the banner???? I'm confuzzled...

ps. thx for the PM, worked like a charm

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
XFlak said:
WiiCrazy said:

I only have partition:0 - Data (the Conduit)

no other partitions... so the system update files are needed to properly extract the banner???? I'm confuzzled...

ps. thx for the PM, worked like a charm

Nope update partition definitely not needed but there might be a bug regarding partition selection so I asked. Crap currently tries to locate a partition whose partition type is 0 on isos, maybe that differs for you dunno... later I can send you a debug version to spot the problem..

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Download : Crap3.2b

Changes

Code:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Crap v3.2b -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
03/04/2010 WiiCrazy (I.R.on)
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Now bundled a tool to create self installer dol/exe for homebrew
channels. To distribute forwarders & stuff.

* Batch creation through banners fixed.

* Standalone 1.6 loader is now compatible with waninkoko's latest
cios rev18 / rev19

* Added ios selection into the installer.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi WiiCrazy,

I've just translated Crap in Italian using English file from 3.2b, but I can't make Crap use the language file!

Every time I click on "Italian" under "Language" menu it says "Can't find language file" etc... I tried renaming the file "Italian" and "Italiano", but both failed.

What do I have to do?

P.S. If you want to check the file, you can download it from here.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Wiicrazy, could you please upload the latest version to the google code page (or mirror it anywhere you like)? As always, stupid Canadian ISPs are blocking tepetaklak.com.

Thanks a lot!

edit: or if anyone else would be so kind as to mirror the download I would greatly appreciate it

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Wiicrazy, could you please upload the latest version to the google code page (or mirror it anywhere you like)? As always, stupid Canadian ISPs are blocking tepetaklak.com.

Thanks a lot!

edit: or if anyone else would be so kind as to mirror the download I would greatly appreciate it
I uploaded Crap 3.2b on FileTrip.
smile.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
wiixale said:
Hi WiiCrazy,

I've just translated Crap in Italian using English file from 3.2b, but I can't make Crap use the language file!

Every time I click on "Italian" under "Language" menu it says "Can't find language file" etc... I tried renaming the file "Italian" and "Italiano", but both failed.

What do I have to do?

P.S. If you want to check the file, you can download it from here.

Well because the file is not in utf-8 encoding. I've saved your file as utf-8 and it works... Will include it in the next release, thanks a lot!

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiCrazy said:
Well because the file is not in utf-8 encoding. I've saved your file as utf-8 and it works... Will include it in the next release, thanks a lot!

LoL, you're right!
biggrin.gif
You're welcome, anyway.
smile.gif

P.S. I've checked the file and modified some special characters so that they can be viewed even in "UTF-8 No Mark" encoding. You can find the updated language file here.

Another thing: as you can see in this image, "Danish" language entry in menu is not translated. In the language file, in fact, there is no option for Danish. I tried adding:

CODEDanese

but it didn't worked. What can I do?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
wiixale said:
WiiCrazy said:

LoL, you're right!
biggrin.gif
You're welcome, anyway.
smile.gif

P.S. I've checked the file and modified some special characters so that they can be viewed even in "UTF-8 No Mark" encoding. You can find the updated language file here.

Another thing: as you can see in this image, "Danish" language entry in menu is not translated. In the language file, in fact, there is no option for Danish. I tried adding:

CODEDanese

but it didn't worked. What can I do?

Well yep you found a bug I guess, Danish is always shown as Danish
smile.gif
I'll fix it in the new version... I'll have to add some new keys for the newly added features anyway.
At this time you can leave the entry you added as is, it will be correctly used in translation in the new version.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiCrazy said:
Well yep you found a bug I guess, Danish is always shown as Danish
smile.gif
I'll fix it in the new version... I'll have to add some new keys for the newly added features anyway.
At this time you can leave the entry you added as is, it will be correctly used in translation in the new version.

ooookay.
wink.gif

I'm waiting for the new version, to translate it.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back