Thanks Dialexio for answering these questions
wink.gif

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just tried CRAP today for the first time. I created a Mario Galaxy Channel by opening the ISO and then selecting USB Loader GX as the loader. I installed the created WAD, via the LoadMii to the HomeBrew Channel, (great feature by the way, WiiCrayz!!). All seems to be working correctly, but I did notice 2 things.

The Channel seams to load slower then if I opened the Game inside of Loader GX. IS this becuase GX loads or spins up the USB Drive onstart up??

ALso I did get a strange thing happen when I was switching between GX and the Channel Loader, my vertical hold on my TV started fliping, like the old school tube TVs !!?? Not sure if this is known behavior, but my TV is an HDTV set to 480p if that has something to do with it. Once I changed the Input selection on my remote control back to TV and then Back to the Wii Input , everything was fine again.

Is there any settings I should adjust to the Channel?

Over all this is a great program, no if I could get a MAC port, I would really be happy
tongue.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Thanks Dialexio for answering these questions
wink.gif

It's not a problem... as long as I'm in a good mood.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Doctair @ Mar 21 2010, 03:58 PM) just tried CRAP today for the first time. I created a Mario Galaxy Channel by opening the ISO and then selecting USB Loader GX as the loader. I installed the created WAD, via the LoadMii to the HomeBrew Channel, (great feature by the way, WiiCrayz!!). All seems to be working correctly, but I did notice 2 things.

The Channel seams to load slower then if I opened the Game inside of Loader GX. IS this becuase GX loads or spins up the USB Drive onstart up??

ALso I did get a strange thing happen when I was switching between GX and the Channel Loader, my vertical hold on my TV started fliping, like the old school tube TVs !!?? Not sure if this is known behavior, but my TV is an HDTV set to 480p if that has something to do with it. Once I changed the Input selection on my remote control back to TV and then Back to the Wii Input , everything was fine again.

Is there any settings I should adjust to the Channel?

Over all this is a great program, no if I could get a MAC port, I would really be happy
tongue.gif
It might be loading a bit slower because Crap's channels load IOS35, and then whatever IOS you have USB Loader GX using. Unfortunately, i don't have an answer to the display issue (I'm stuck with standard-def and don't use GX...).

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Display issue is probably the one TyrantM mentioning... nand loader change is needed which currently I put off working on...

About the slow launch time...
You are waiting for,
1. Forwarder's loading actual loader
2. Loader reloading to the cios
3. Loader's initialization (maybe harddrive spinup and so on)

Btw a quick new beta... (new features relate to only installation...)

Crap 3.1b : download

here is the changes

Code:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Crap v3.1b -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
22/03/2010 WiiCrazy (I.R.on)
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Compression support for the installation feature. Thanks goes
to Leathl for figuring out a compatible zlib library.

* Installer dol now can be saved to wad folder.

* Standalone Windows executables can be compiled & created on 
the fly for installation of game channels.

ps: if you are using usb loader 1.6 in Crap's loaders here is a fixed one for rev18/rev19 cios of waninkoko USBL16.rar

SuD

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello mate! GREAT stuff! i just love it! my family send a HUGE THANKS! ^^

i use USB Loader GX rev919 to play, so i started creating a PES 2010 and Rock Band 2 channels using the "Conf USB Loader Direct".
it created 2 wad files with about 1.7mb each and they just worked sweet. BUT, like Rock Band uses my cIOS223 ios37 base my microphone doesn't work...

SO, i created again using the "USB Loader GX Forwarder" and the wad is 700k now... anyway, i installed this new and worked! =P and my microphone is working now!

just to cofirm, when i use this RB2 channel now it takes a few seconds in black screen, then it blinks and show for just a sec the USB Loading GX screen and the Disc Drive blue light from the wii blinks once and the game starts... is it ok this? all this blinks? ^^ is not a problem, i just wanna to be sure is not damaging the console! lol

like i use the USB Loader for all my games, is it correct to just use the "USB Loader GX Forwarder" for all my channels, or should i use only in the ones using different cIOS? wich option loads faster?

Thanks!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
SuD said:
just to cofirm, when i use this RB2 channel now it takes a few seconds in black screen, then it blinks and show for just a sec the USB Loading GX screen and the Disc Drive blue light from the wii blinks once and the game starts... is it ok this? all this blinks? ^^ is not a problem, i just wanna to be sure is not damaging the console! lol

It's not related to the forwarder actually, it's related to the GX's way of direct launching games... Cfg. Usb Loader has an option for example to display a black screen instead of a splash screen. About the drive blinking, possibly that's related to the GX's startup too possibly. I don't remember exactly, it's been a while since I tested a game with GX forwarder. Anyways you don't have to worry about it, nothing extraordinary happens compared to launching the game from within the loader.

QUOTElike i use the USB Loader for all my games, is it correct to just use the "USB Loader GX Forwarder" for all my channels, or should i use only in the ones using different cIOS? wich option loads faster?

Thanks!

Direct loaders should load faster... You can make the choice so that you use a compatible & fast launching & low size loaders... Actually you can decide on your own making quick tests with some games.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
DarkunderdoG said:
What do you enter in extra parameters for conf forwarder for it to load from SD and FAT1?

"device=SDHC partition=FAT1" ?

THank You!

Possibly same setting names & values you use in settings.cfg... Just browsing through the code I can't see anything parsed as hardcoded so...

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question. Sorry.

Just installed my Netflix disc onto the HDD used by USB Loader GX. Used crap to make a channel for it (selected USB loader GX from the menu; didn't fill in any empty fields), and installed the .wad file through Wad Manager v1.31. However, when I click on the new channel on my main menu, it simply brings me into the main USB Loader GX screen, instead of going straight to Netflix. Any idea what I may have done wrong, and how to fix it? Let me know if you need more information. Thanks!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@DarkunderdoG : you should use partition=FAT1 device=sdhc , it seems case matters... I don't have netflix so I've tried with wad manager iso... it booted perfectly... (with cfg. usb loader 0.53 btw)

@pitweasel : that's an usb loader gx issue or if you look at it another way... feature

DarkunderdoG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@WiiCrazy: How do i update the cfg loader to a newer version?

I changed out the .dol with cfg56.dol and when i click create channel i get DiscID placeholder not found in the dol file

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
DarkunderdoG said:
@WiiCrazy: How do i update the cfg loader to a newer version?

I changed out the .dol with cfg56.dol and when i click create channel i get DiscID placeholder not found in the dol file

Well make sure you are replacing correct loader,
for Conf. Usb Loader Direct it's ConfUsbLoader.dol in the Loaders folder
for Conf. Usb Loader Direct(fat) it's ConfUsbLoaderFat.dol in the Loaders folder

you shouldn't replace the forwarders... and parameters can't be passed to conf. usb loader direct loaders... in case if you intend to use it like that... if you are using the forwarder versions you just need to update the loader in your sd card, you can do it so like wulfie suggested... or manually replacing the boot.dol in your cfg. usb loader installation.

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
@pitweasel : that's an usb loader gx issue or if you look at it another way... feature

That doesn't help at all. Does that mean I can't use this program with USB Loader GX, period? Or is there something I need to change somewhere (other than the loader itself) to make it work?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
is it possible to modify the "ConfForwarderNoIntro.dol" so that it looks for the boot.dol in multiple locations?

specifically I'd like it to search apps/usbloader_cfg and apps_emulators/usbloader_cfg on both the sd card and the usb hard drive.

Could someone please either take a look at this or direct me to the source I would need to modify to make this happen myself?

Thanks in advance.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@pitweasel : Sorry I misunderstood you... possibly you have an outdated usb loader gx installation... updating will surely help... Also as DarkUnderDog pointed out you can use other standalone loaders in Crap as well if you are using Wbfs filesystem

@xflak : Source is available on google code site : http://code.google.com/p/crapwii/source/browse/#svn/trunk
Feel free to modify it.

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded the latest rev of Configurable loader, made a channel using the "no intro" setting and set it to the first WBFS partition, and it worked! There's a good 5-7 seconds of black before the game shows up, but it's nice to have a custom channel for more frequently accessed games (and Netflix) on the main menu. Thanks for the help guys!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@wiicrazy, I modified the source for Narolez-NForwarder, specificially I changed the following of main.c
Code:
// Configurable USB Loader
#ifdef CFGUL 
ÂÂÂÂ#define MAXFILES 6
ÂÂÂÂ// add/change filenames here, don't forget to edit MAXFILES!
ÂÂÂÂchar filenames[MAXFILES][FILENAMECHARACTERS] = 
ÂÂÂÂ{ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{"fat:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol"},ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{"fat:/apps_emulators/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol"},
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{"fat:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol"},ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{"fat:/apps_emulators/usbloader/boot.dol"},ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{"fat:/apps/usb_loader/boot.dol"},
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{"fat:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol"}ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ};
#endif

it successfully loads the game (from apps_emulators/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol), but I can't get it to do so silently, I even tried adding the "intro=0" parameter while using Crap and it did not make a difference.

Can you please help me make this launch silently? Thanks a lot!

(of course when I get this working the way I like it, I'll be sharing all of this so that people can make categorii-friendly forwarder channels
biggrin.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-