1. WiiCrazy

OP WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Hmm, I'll check that... by the way new version of Crap currently I'm working on shows the wbfs files in the drive window... batch creation is possible too... I'll release it getting batch support for wbfs filesystem too.

2. bula

bula GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That will be nice. BTW can you look into suporting wani new cIOS based. Thank you, WiiCrazy.

3. WiiCrazy

Cios issue I can look into later possibly... I can't replicate the issue you have... possibly fixed a few revisions ago, are you sure you are using latest version? (2.9b)

4. WiiCrazy

New beta version is ready

Download here : CrapV3.0b

Here is the changes :
    Code:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Crap v3.0b -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    07/03/2010 WiiCrazy (I.R.on)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    * Now Drive window could be used for FAT32/NTFS partitions 
    containing WBFS folder and games.

* You can now select multiple games at the same time in Drive
    window. If you select more than 1 game than this selection will
    be processed in batch. Also added a new button there to select
    and add all games in the Drive to the batch process list. 

* Various fixes for wad naming.

* Cfg. Usb Loader direct fat loader added. Both loaders updated to
    latest Cfg. Usb Loader 55b2 release.

5. bula

bula GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

I was using 2.7b. I'll try 3.0b and post back. 10x

6. Dantarion

Dantarion Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Could Crap be used to create a channel that launches Brawl+ from WBFS/FAT/NTFS?

(i.e. gameconfig.txt large codeset support)

7. WiiCrazy

If cfg or gx supports then you can use forwarders of these loaders in Crap... Some of the other loaders in Crap supports ocarina but there is no large codeset support.

8. mwd

mwd Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    @WiiCrazy:
    I posted this on your google code site, but judging by some of the reports there, it doesn't look like much feedback happens there, so I'm going to throw this at you here:

This is mostly a cosmetic issue and will probably only affect people using
    480p and an HDTV with their wii, but when starting a channel created using
    USB Loader 1.6 or configurable forwarder w/o intro (and presumably other
    loader types), the resolution changes to 480i and then quickly back to
    480p. This isn't a huge deal, but newer TVs notify you of resolution
    changes, so loading a game with a channel created with crap will cause the
    screen to flicker and a resolution notification to appear on the screen
    twice. Is it possible to prevent this resolution change in order to create
    a more seamless experience? I figure that this doesn't occur when moving
    between the homebrew channel and configurable USB loader, and then into a
    USB loaded game, so this should be doable with channels created with crap.

9. GolfDude

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yep you can use the cfg loader in crap, put ocarina=1 in the parameter line , make the channel and itll work with the 1 big codelsit for brawl plus

10. Geridian

Geridian Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Hi People [​IMG] ,
    i found some things in the programm which don´t seem to be correct in my oppinion:

1. In any language other than english, it lacks the ability to load wbfs files.
    iso files can only be selected.

For me that is no problem, but i think it might be for others.

/edit Just changed the command lines in the german language file as they are in the english language file and now i can chose .wbfs files in the german language version too, nice [​IMG]

Just changed the corresponding lines:
    CODEISO/WBFS Datei
    ISO-Dateien|*.iso|WBFS-Dateien|*.wbfs

2. When loading a wbfs file alt.dol files can´t be chosen. When loading a iso file the alt.dol files appear in the list.
    When i extract the alt.dol files with WII Scrubber and put them in crap\alt-dol\ folder i can chose the alt.dol files too.

I used the following things:
    Crap v3.0b
    Metroid Prime Trilogy ISO PAL

/edit2 Could this have something to do with the fact that my .wbfs Files from MP Trilogy are split in two Files (R3MP01.wbfs and R3MP01.wbf1)?
    When the answer is yes, than the question might be seen as "already cleared" [​IMG]

/edit3 Just tested Crap v3.0b with some of my .wbfs files and it worked very well, so thanks to WiiCrazy! [​IMG]

But it would be great to get an option to chose alt.dol files for the "Conf. Usb Loader direct " and "-FAT" - option.
    I would like to create channels for all my alt.dol games, with the current options this is not possible [​IMG]

Thank you for reading this and your great work [​IMG]

/edit4 Now i just wanted to experiment with Crap and copied in the files for USB Loader CFG v55 in the directory Crap 3.0b/Loaders [-FAT and -Normal Version (wbfs)] version, which now replace the version from 55b2 Crap comes with, and it worked too, very nice.

Thank you for the modular building of Crap, too! [​IMG]

11. slim26

slim26 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm attempting to setup Guitar Hero 5 as a channel.

I'm assuming that with GH5 requiring ios223 to load, that my only option is to use the CFG Forwarder. Does this sound right?

I've downloaded and put NFowarderUSBLoaderCFG.dol on the root of my FAT partition of the USB drive. Do I need to install the CFG Forwarder WAD as well? I'm thinking that part isn't necessary.

Then after I tried creating a channel with parameter ios=223-mload.

It returns me to the Wii Menu.

Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks.

I've never used CFG Forwarder or loader before, as I've always used USB GX Loader.

12. WiiCrazy

@Geridian

1. Yes translations are a bit behind the latest developments. For new stuff I just put the english text into the other languages, it seems I missed this. And some affect the user interface like this one. Thank you for pointing out, I'll fix it in upcoming versions.

2. Crap currently uses wbfs tool to extract banners from .wbfs files. Dunno if there is an extract file feature in wbfs_file tool which gives offsets of the files in the partition as well. I guess there is not. And the whole alt-dol stuff should be obsolete in a future cios revision, I don't think alt-dol is a proper hack. For the time being you can use configurable usb loader forwarders to make use of alt-dol. Though I might add the option of using alt-dol relying on user to put the correct alt-dol with the disc id in sd/usb... which as you might guess won't work for metroid prime for ex.

I can't invoke conf usb loader direct with parameters since stuff works like this

Crap creates a channel with a forwarder dol,
    When you click the channel here what happens,
    1. Menu loads the nand loader in the channel
    2. Nand loader loads the main dol in the channel (the forwarder)
    3. Forwarder loads conf. usb loader dol from either sd or usb.. while doing this it's possible that specific arguments be sent to configurable usb loader
    4. You see the game

Crap creates a channel with a conf. usb loader direct loader,
    When you click the channel here what happens,
    1. Menu loads the nand loader in the channel
    2. Nand loader loads the main dol in the channel (conf. usb loader direct loader)
    3. You see the game

So in the second step of direct launching you see nand loader actually loads the configurable usb loader. Crap only replaces an unique id in the loader so that it boots a certain game. No other parameter/argument passing stuff there. To pass generic arguments to the loader one should either modify the nand loader which is out of scope for this project or loaders reserve a specific configuration are in their binary so that Crap can put the arguments there. The former is out of scope, the latter could be implemented by the authors of usb loaders and Crap could be modified to give support. Dunno if anyone will care.

@slim26 : You should have already working configurable usb loader setup. First run the game under conf. usb loader, then there is no need to tweak anything just select conf. usb loader forwarder as the loader and create the channel... it should work.

13. Geridian

Geridian Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    @WIICrazy:
    Thank you for replying to my post [​IMG]

Just uploaded the german language file with my suggestions, if you like to include it in future releases (translated the last english things in the language file too): http://uploaded.to/file/1qa8iy.
    I hope this is ok for you [​IMG]

It would be great to use your "USB Loader 1.6" Forwarder or any other Loader Version to create a Channel with alt.dol Support on FAT/NTFS partitions, but only the CFG Forwarders worked for me [​IMG]
    But if there is no other way this time then using the normal CFG Forwarders and Loader Versions, this is no bigger problem.

14. WiiCrazy

Thanks I'll include your changes to the German translation in future releases.
    Currently I've no intention to add fat32/ntfs support to usb loader 1.6, will take too much time. Maybe I can crappify a simple loader that doesn't have a huge gui and lots of options... I've tried Cfg. usb loader but failed to squeeze it to an acceptable size (squeezed around 800k) And creating another fork of an already in-development loader is not a good idea. I wish I had kept the 1.6 loader up to date in it's time... Yeah for alt-dol in Fat32/Ntfs cfg forwarders are the only way at the moment.

15. boto12

boto12 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    -

Last edited by boto12, Dec 3, 2018
  16. GolfDude

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    if you use the newest version of usb gx or cfg loader all you have to do is use the fowarder option for those loaders in crap, make a channel with the parameter ocarina=1 and you can do brawl plus with no issue..

17. TyRaNtM

TyRaNtM I did some projects..

Cote d'Ivoire
    It's the same bug that i reported to WiiCrazy at several months.
    Also, is good that other persons noticed this bug too.
    Hope that he will try to fix this problem at once.

18. kangarookangaroo

kangarookangaroo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What are the sizes of each channel (in terms of Wii Blocks)?

19. Dialexio

Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It depends on how complex the banner animation is. Mine are in the range of 6-8 blocks each.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is with the Configurable USB Loader forwarder. Different results can be expected if the loader is embedded into the channel.

20. kangarookangaroo

kangarookangaroo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How exactly do I get the games to load? I did the whole batch deal and installed them on my wii. I used USB Loader GX forwarder... I got a code dump. BTW, I am not sure what's with the different loaders. Am I missing a step? Should I have something on my SD to make the games work?

I have tried searching for a faq and tutorial but can't seem to find one.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - channel, creator,