Hacking Crap, easy to use channel creator

riceje7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im trying to run the app and i keep getting this error "the application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." does anyone know what is going on with this? it happens with every release of crap ive tried so i'm not sure what it could be cause i just did a fresh install of xp. any help would be greatly appreciated i'd realy like to start making my own channels
smile.gif

xlazyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just tried Crap 2.7b and it rocks! Thanks WiiCrazy!
smile.gif

One question though: it says in the readme that you can run Crap in batch mode if you have a bunch of disc banners.

But, how do you extract those disc banners from a bunch of ISOs in the first place?
smile.gif

I'd like to run Crap in batch mode, but I can't seem to find info on the intermediate step from wii-sports.iso -> Wii Sports-RSPE01.bnr

Any tips appreciated -- especially for tools that are scriptable/automatable and/or work on Linux

xlazyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
pepxl said:
use Wiiscrubber to extract the opening.bnr from game IOS's

I tried Wiiscrubber, but was not sure which file to extract. Is opening.bnr always the correct banner?

Unfortunately the extract-feature of Wiiscrubber is very manual, open file, right clikc opening.bnr, choose extract..

Do you know of any other tool that will do this, preferably command line?

Thanks!

xlazyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
xflak40 said:
or u can use crap to just open each game individually, it extracts the banner right away

Hehe, yes, I'm aware of that, that's what I was doing, and it was taking a long time, so I was hoping there would be a tool I could automate to extract the banner and then pass on all those banners to Crap in batch mode
smile.gif

xlazyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
xlazyx said:
xflak40 said:
or u can use crap to just open each game individually, it extracts the banner right away

Hehe, yes, I'm aware of that, that's what I was doing, and it was taking a long time, so I was hoping there would be a tool I could automate to extract the banner and then pass on all those banners to Crap in batch mode
smile.gif

Of course, another solution would be if Crap supported batch mode for ISOs too, and even batch-network-upload/install, so that the custom WAD manager would install 10 WADs in a go if you just batched 10 ISOs.

Any idea how hard this would be WiiCrazy?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
xlazyx said:
pepxl said:
use Wiiscrubber to extract the opening.bnr from game IOS's

I tried Wiiscrubber, but was not sure which file to extract. Is opening.bnr always the correct banner?

Unfortunately the extract-feature of Wiiscrubber is very manual, open file, right clikc opening.bnr, choose extract..

Do you know of any other tool that will do this, preferably command line?

Thanks!

maybe ask xflak very nicely if he can make a batch file to automate the process if its possible as he has some handy batch script knowledge, me on the other hand have limited knowledge on cmd commands of that nature lolz

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well I've faced that banner extraction awkwardness too, I plan to extend the sources that batch mode can use... wbfs folder, collection of isos, full wbfs drive and so on...

About the multiple installation, possible but vast changes needed on installer. It would be better to use any wad manager mod out there for these kinds of jobs... I'm sure Leathl released one...

@xlazyx : Once you have the banners, keep them... so you don't need to find the game to create a new channel for it. And upgrade to 2.9b, it contains some fixes for batch mode.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
any chance to make crap channels work with new cios rev19?
Or is there a way to make the channel run off of a patched ios36 ?

I thought these new cioses were compatible with the old loaders... If required changes are not overhelming than I can do it... If not than you can use configurable or gx forwarder, newer versions of these loaders will work with new cios revisions...

Running off patched IOS 36 you mean the channel's ios I guess, it is IOS 34 normally... You can do that,

either,
supply a homebrew channel that uses IOS 36 in the nandloaders folder and edit nandloaders section in crap.cfg

or
unpack a base wxd(wad) from nandloaders folder, edit it's tmd so that it uses IOS 36, pack it and either replace the original base wxd there. Or you can add it as a new base wad, to do so you must edit nandloaders section in crap.cfg.

Then in Crap under Configure menu make the nand loader selection.

PapyJason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately extract banner dont work with new convention game introduce in cfg_loader "Game name "[ID].wbfs
Crap give an error can list files in wbfs files.But if i rename "ID.wbfs it's work
Any clue outhere?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head