Hacking Crap, easy to use channel creator

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiCrazy said:
Add below to extra parameters to use it with ios 223...

ios=223-mload

Not working.... if I start the game from ConfigUSBLoader, using the 223, the game start... but if I create a channel, and put the ios=223-mload, the game don't start... (i've try Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero)

All other game using the regular 249 (like New Super Mario, Boom Blox, etc.) no problem with channel...

It's only game that require ios223.

Chevelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a small problem. I have created a couple of channels for my games with CFGUsbLoader Forwarder w/Intro.
When I start the Wii for the first time, I start say "NSBW" and it loads fine. I then exit the the System Menu.
I then start a different game, say "Super Mario Galaxy". It just loads a black screen. Nothing comes up. But if I were to turn off the Wii, turn it back on and try SMG again it will work.
Any ideas?

Here is my setup:
USA Wii 4.0U
BootMii as Boot2
USB 500GB FAT32
cISO249(v14) & Hermes(v4)

CRAP v2.5b:
Game Part: 4-FAT1
Extra: intro=0

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@Chevelle : I don't think it's a problem with the Crap's loader, could you test the same thing launching the games inside the conf. usb loader? Rather it seems it's related to the harddrive compatibility of cios...

Chevelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I tried launching the games within CFG Usb Loader ,(System Menu -> CFG Forwarder Channel -> CFG USB Loader), and they both load fine.

I will do some more testing with the "No Intro" and the "Intro" version in 2.5b and 2.6b

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After many try, i give-up... I cannot start a game from a channel that require the ios223 from the FAT32 partition.

All my game start, i mean ALL my game start from config ubs loader and GX, even the game require the ios223 (Guitar hero, rock Band, etc.).

Game's from channel start but NOT the one that require the ios223.

I've try many parameter, i've done many search on google and here, but without good result. All I get is a black screen after i've start the channel.

I've reformat my drive to WBFS and i will wait a little bit longer.

But keep the good work!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Hang on dudes... these days I'm pretty busy at work but hopefully will have a chance to work on this next week... here is the planned work...

1. Investigate the IOS 223 issue... thoroughly test conf. usb loader forwarder since lots of people prefer it
2. Ability to choose nandloader... for the 480i/480p mode change problem... (I got an lcd now
wink.gif
)
3. Extension of batch creation feature for wbfs file / iso / wbfs filesystem

mittyg

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello WiiCrazy, Love this app by the way, the network test/installation is SO helpful.

My current setup is:

System Menu 4.2E
cIOS Rev 10
Loading games from SDHC 16gb card
Making channels using "USB Loader 1.6 by WiiCrazy"

I have 2 problems:

1. ANY cIOS above rev10 presents me with an error upon loading so i've downgraded to rev10 for now...Any idea why this is?
2. "Teenage Mutant Hereo Turtles: Smash - Up" presents me with a black screen, even on rev10 but the ISO works because i have loaded it with other loaders, i enabled verbose output and it appears that the ISO is read correctly but as soon as the screen flashes to switch to the game, only a black screen is shown (it's not a problem with the region)

I'd really apreciate any help you could give me, especially with problem 1 because i'd really like to use rev16 if i can
frown.gif

Thanks,

Mitty

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A thing that CRAP can have is to is few checkbox to more easy choose option

[ ] Use ios249
[ ] Use ios223
[ ] Force PAL
[ ] Force NTSC
etc...

Instead to have the box «extra parameter», leave this box there but add the possibility to check box to more easy add parameter to the forwarder and the loader.

mittyg

Trophies
XP
Country
Just incase anyone was experiencing the same problem as me, I have managed to fix the black screen/green screen problem by using "USB/SD loader 1.5 with fixes by WiiCrazy", still using Rev10 though but it's a step in the right direction none the less.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
*Another day's update...*

CrapTriiforce mod v2.3 for new cIOS199
ph34r.gif
!

Download:
http://uploading.com/files/82c6bf6a/CrapTriiforcemodv23.zip/

Source:
http://uploading.com/files/1fb17df5/CrapTr...v23_source.zip/

What's new:
- Full support for new cIOS199 (cIOS is required) [Download it] *Use wad manager for install it.

- Now you can install the latest cIOS from Waninkoko (cIOS38 rev16) since this loader doesn't require that cIOS
smileipb2.png
!
- For Ocarina cheats usage, just add your .GCT cheat files into codes folder (sd:\codes).

How to install:
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Add CrapTriiforcemodv23.dol file into "Loaders" folder from Crap.
- Add crap.cfg file into Crap main folder. You must OVERWRITE the old one.
- Run Crap and make your channel with the loader (Triiforce mod v2.3 + Ocarina (cIOS199)).

See ya
cool.gif
!

scrotty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there any way in which you can change the text that shows up on the channel screen when you create a custom channel? I know the text is extracted out of opening.bnr but I have a bunch of the custom SingItStar discs which are all created with the Disney SingIt banner file so all the images look the same (which is no big deal for me) and all the text shows up the same too which means that there is absolutely no way of knowing which channel will open which game. I've tried finding a way of editing the bnr file but I'm way out of my depth so my next port of call is the actual channel creation process - is there some way to hack the text during this process?

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wichoxp said:
*Another day's update...*

CrapTriiforce mod v2.3 for new cIOS199
ph34r.gif
!
What else did you change than changing the IOS relaod to 199 and putting a cios (which cios at all?) in slot 199?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@wiicrazy, or wichoxp, or anyone else that can help

I think it's common knowledge that the configurable loader (no intro) - is broken in v2.6b (it always tries to load wbfs instead of fat32). I know that this was working in a prior release, but I can't remember which version, and I've read about people combining the files from different releases to get it working.

Can someone post instructions that will CLEARLY tell me what files I need to use and from which versions to get it working. Or even better, could someone upload a 2.6b2 package that has already been customized with the fixes from other versions?

I know WiiCrazy mentioned he was working on a new release, but I was hoping to have something working in the meantime.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

scrotty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
Can someone post instructions that will CLEARLY tell me what files I need to use and from which versions to get it working.
I didn't bother replacing anything - I just switched to 2.5b and it works OK for creating singular channels. I have found that the bug still affects any channels you create when using the batch mode but nowadays I only create a channel every few weeks when a new game comes out so it's really no big deal for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work