• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The amount of votes for "No" astound me. You guys realize we don't yet know if people who are vaccinated can still be carriers and infect people who aren't? You're all putting yourselves at risk, and as well as that, you'll be the ones stuck still social distancing, on lockdown, not being able to go out etc. when all the people who have been vaccinated are able to go back to living their normal lives.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about restaurants or whatever that can't open. I've been a neet/hikkikomori for most of my life and don't have money or the need to visit them.

They should just permanently close at this point who cares. They aren't essential workers anyway and in a communist future that I envision not needed

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are still in the middle of what's likely going to be the deadliest part of this pandemic. We are not out of the woods yet. As I already said, our deadliest day as a country was yesterday.

TOTALLY AGREE! I can't think of any single day that was more deadly than yesterday!!!!! I wonder why democratic mayor Lori Lightfoot and the liberal media are calling for restaurants and bars to re-open? That is something an uncaring, Trump supporting fascist would do! I guess they don't care about the public's health. :( They are endangering everyone and this will create super spreader events!

At no point in human history have we faced a virus as deadly as COVID-19 yet democratic mayor Lori Lightfoot and the liberal media are calling for restaurants and bars to open back up!!!!!! INSANITY!

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by gene0915,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
COVID vaccine news: https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/merck-first-us-pharma-giant-abandon-covid-vaccine-efforts

Sounds like Merck leadership is comprised of a bunch of Trump supporting fascist!
Sounds like Merck is using old (/different) tech on vaccine development, that this time around doesnt pay.

Here is the logic - but please dont cry, just because it hasn't Trump in it. ;)

Merck does vaccines in a way that banks on getting the actual virus, farming it - killing it (paralyzing it) - then producing vaccines out of it.

Issues with this method and Covid:

- farming Covid, even in lab environments is a bad idea (hard to contain, means hard to handle)
- news reads, like they have time issues to produce large quantities because of this
- in an environment, where developing slightly different/new vaccines is important, because of quick mutations (think yearly flu shot)

as said before - vaccine development is a low margin, high quantity business (3-15 USD a shot), because regulation has made it that way (basically because you want the entire world vaccinated, otherwise you have pockets around the world, where a virus survives, and then can start spreading from again, so you better vaccinate those people as well - which you can only do, if vaccines arent a high margin business). So if they are slow vaccine, ready for last years strain - they simply cant compete.

Share price falling only by 2% after the announcement also means, they never planned on investing into newer vaccine manufacturing tech.

Last edited by notimp,

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the democratic governor of California, Gavin Newsom, is getting ready to endanger the lives of millions in his state by possibly preparing to lift the stay-at-home order! Doesn't he realize that we're still in the middle of the deadliest virus pandemic known to mankind? As this virus rages on and kills 0.12% of our population, I can't understand why democratic leaders like Gavin and Lori are willing to put peoples lives in danger like this. :( :( :( We need to get that vaccine in the arms of the remaining 99.988% people in America before the COVID-19 kills them!

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/...r-fauci-worries-jabs-wont-stop-mutant-strains

Update: and another one......... https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/cuomo-ny-ready-ease-pandemic-restrictions-after-holiday-spike

.....democratic governor Andrew Cuomo of NY is ready to ease restrictions on New Yorkers. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WITH THESE DEMOCRATIC OFFICIALS? Don't they realize they are playing God with peoples' lives??!?! Why would they ease restrictions when dozens of people all over the USA are dropping dead from this super infectious deadly virus every few months?????? It's just weird that all of a sudden, they think the virus disappeared. I mean, months ago, the COVID-19 was killing people left and right (like it is now) and thankfully, we were able to do mail-in ballots for the presidential election to keep everyone safe. But now, all these democratic mayors and governors are talking about opening up their states. WHY??????? The virus is still out there. Still killing people. What a bizarre world we live in.

Last edited by gene0915,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Looks like the democratic governor of California, Gavin Newsom, is getting ready to endanger the lives of millions in his state by possibly preparing to lift the stay-at-home order! Doesn't he realize that we're still in the middle of the deadliest virus pandemic known to mankind? As this virus rages on and kills 0.12% of our population, I can't understand why democratic leaders like Gavin and Lori are willing to put peoples lives in danger like this. :( :( :( We need to get that vaccine in the arms of the remaining 99.988% people in America before the COVID-19 kills them!

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/...r-fauci-worries-jabs-wont-stop-mutant-strains

Update: and another one......... https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/cuomo-ny-ready-ease-pandemic-restrictions-after-holiday-spike

.....democratic governor Andrew Cuomo of NY is ready to ease restrictions on New Yorkers. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WITH THESE DEMOCRATIC OFFICIALS? Don't they realize they are playing God with peoples' lives??!?! Why would they ease restrictions when dozens of people all over the USA are dropping dead from this super infectious deadly virus every few months?????? It's just weird that all of a sudden, they think the virus disappeared. I mean, months ago, the COVID-19 was killing people left and right (like it is now) and thankfully, we were able to do mail-in ballots for the presidential election to keep everyone safe. But now, all these democratic mayors and governors are talking about opening up their states. WHY??????? The virus is still out there. Still killing people. What a bizarre world we live in.
First its more than "a dozen people" dropping dead every month (in California currently its 400 a day), second - its always a decision made in tandem with trying not to kill your local economy (businesses) - third, its freaking too early for California to do it - based on European sensibilities:

see graphs here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/california/

Fourth - curfews will still stay in place:
San Francisco will wait until Thursday to allow some businesses to reopen, Breed said — a delay health officials said was needed in order for the city to adjust to the new health orders. The city will allow outdoor dining to resume with a maximum of six people and two households at a table. Customers and employees at indoor or outdoor personal services must wear masks, and zoos and museums may open outdoors. Travelers from outside the Bay Area must still quarantine for 10 days on arrival in the city, and if they book a hotel in the Bay Area, they must stay for at least 10 days.

The city will also keep its 10 p.m.-to-5 a.m. curfew on all but essential activities.

“Let’s just give us more time and see how those numbers do,” said Dr. Grant Colfax, the city’s top health adviser. “We've beaten back three surges. Let's prevent a fourth surge.”
src: https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/Newsom-lifts-state-stay-home-orders-15896015.php

Last edited by notimp,

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
FINALLY!!!! :yay:

4319492f-2f82-445b-9fef-ae8deda455bb.jpg

Pfizer vaccine comes to Malaysia!!! :D Next job, get ready for injection by following 3 phases! Visit here for info!

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/c...tch-of-covid-19-vaccines-arrives-in-malaysia/
https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/malaysia-get-first-batch-covid19-vaccine-today

I will waiting for this one! :bow:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
People are dying from the vaccine.
Source: boomers on Facebook.

People can and have drowned in a glass of water, so I'm sure there are outlier cases of people dying from the COVID vaccine due to age, other illness, or problems with their immune system, but it's exceedingly rare. After all, the vaccine is just a small, usually inert dose of the virus. It is possible to exhibit some of the more severe symptoms of COVID-19 after receiving the vaccine, but that just goes to show the actual virus would've hit those people even harder.

Last edited by Xzi,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People can and have drowned in a glass of water, so I'm sure there are outlier cases of people dying from the COVID vaccine due to age, other illness, or problems with their immune system, but it's exceedingly rare.
When old people die to the vaccine, it's because they're old.
When old people die to the China Virus itself, it's because of the China Virus.

This is what's known as a double standard.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
When old people die to the vaccine, it's because they're old.
When old people die to the China Virus itself, it's because of the China Virus.

This is what's known as a double standard.
Being old increases your chances of death from anything and everything, I didn't think this was something that needed explaining. If you're just old though and have no other underlying conditions, I'd put your chances of dying from the vaccine at roughly 0.001%, while your chances of dying from catching COVID-19 are somewhere in the 10-20% range.

Last edited by Xzi,

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes,but nobody wants to hear that......the World is deaf to this......
No they don't over 1,5 milion shots gave only 35 strange deaths, even if related it's not the vaccin.
reasons why people die after vaccin or while vaccinating:
  • People die random sometimes, and these moments are sometimes coinsidental close to an event,
  • Some people are fragile but don't know it yet those would've die anyway soon.
  • Some people are that extreme afraid of the needle that it causes cardiac arrest.
Other info, did you know people could even die by paracetamol? I'm pretty sure you'll use such medicine all the time.

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being old increases your chances of death from anything and everything, I didn't think this was something that needed explaining. If you're just old though and have no other underlying conditions, I'd put your chances of dying from the vaccine at roughly 0.001%, while your chances of dying from catching COVID-19 are somewhere in the 10-20% range.
Yes, old people are more likely to die from everything -- that's obvious. But here's the thing.
(1) Earlier, you mentioned that the vaccine was actually injecting a tiny bit of the virus (like most vaccines). I thought that it was supposed to be an experimental RNA vaccine that simply gives your immune system the code for the antibodies and disappears, meaning that no symptoms would be even possible. If that's false, then who's to say that other aspects of the vaccine weren't lies? Like, for example, the total amount of vaccine-related deaths?
(2) It's been said that the even if you get the vaccine, you can still catch -- and spread -- the virus. This can actually prove to be more dangerous than not having the vaccine, as a recent study found no evidence of asymptomatic spread. If, and only if you take the vaccine, it's possible that you can become an asymptomatic carrier, meaning that there would actually be a purpose, however small it may be, for strapping that piece of paper over your face.
(3) Even if we suppose that the quack doctors were telling the truth the entire time, this doesn't excuse the fact that politicians have been jacking up the numbers by sending COVID-infected seniors to packed retirement homes. If you're fine with that, then you have no argument.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I thought that it was supposed to be an experimental RNA vaccine that simply gives your immune system the code for the antibodies and disappears, meaning that no symptoms would be even possible.
You're correct, mRNA signals the body to build its own spike protein similar to those found on coronavirus cells. The immune system then has a response very similar to the one it would have against the actual coronavirus however, and so mild fever symptoms are common after receiving the vaccine. Particularly with the the second dose, because your immune system is quicker to recognize and break down the spike protein that second time around.

It's been said that the even if you get the vaccine, you can still catch -- and spread -- the virus. This can actually prove to be more dangerous than not having the vaccine, as a recent study found no evidence of asymptomatic spread. If, and only if you take the vaccine, it's possible that you can become an asymptomatic carrier, meaning that there would actually be a purpose, however small it may be, for strapping that piece of paper over your face.
I'm not sure what study you're referring to, but asymptomatic spread has been our biggest enemy from the start of this pandemic. If everybody who caught the virus showed symptoms, we wouldn't need everybody to wear a mask, we'd just need those people to stay home for two weeks. That said, the J&J vaccine has shown about 75% effectiveness in preventing asymptomatic spread in clinical trials, and that's definitely not nothing. Further research is needed on asymptomatic spread after receiving one of the other two vaccines, but I'd wager they're roughly equally effective.

Even if we suppose that the quack doctors were telling the truth the entire time, this doesn't excuse the fact that politicians have been jacking up the numbers by sending COVID-infected seniors to packed retirement homes. If you're fine with that, then you have no argument.
I have no idea what you're talking about. If anything, the opposite is true: Florida, New York, and a few other states were fudging last year's death and infection numbers down lower, either to get on Trump's good side or to avoid his wrath and a loss of federal funding. Now that there's an adult in the White House, there's no reason to manipulate the statistics in that manner. Cuomo will get what's coming to him, as Democrats always hold their own accountable. The same cannot be said of DeSantis and Republicans.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is a study that was done in China, where the pandemic was handled much better overall. Whether you're asymptomatic or not, it's much, much harder to spread the virus if 100% of the population are wearing masks, social distancing, and staying home when lockdown orders are in place. Granted, that's under threat of reduction in social credit score, but still.

Here in America we did our own study by sending all the kids back to school prematurely. I'm pretty sure you know how that ended up: with schools closing again a month or two later, and the rate of infections in school-adjacent communities spiking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1