• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true at all, plenty of doctors and researchers want data to look at ivermectin and HCQ or to even be able to discuss it without being censured.

The current state of medicine is top down and do as your told or be censored and ostracized.

Fluffing dejavu. Already debunked 20 pages ago. Foxi was trying to push a SINGLE, NOT PEER REVIEWED STUDY that had a correlation of improvement via some questionable means, but multiple organizations worldwide have done more thorough tests and found it doesn't do anything to counter the virus directly, and at best might help with some symptoms. The current state of medicine in the USA is, in truth, very disgusting... but what many of these conspiracy nuts seem to have a hard time remembering is that THE WHOLE WORLD INCLUDING OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES HAS THEIR OWN PRIORITIES IN SAVING PEOPLE TOO! In the age of the internet, it is easier than ever to spread contradictory information if it is available... y'know... provided that it exists and can be proven. Jimmy claims to be living in a national forest hunting bison and doing drugs, so try not to take his claims as anything but comical.

I swear, same toilet different day...

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess i dont need masks since Obama is having a spreader even and not using them
https://twitter.com/TrumpJew2/status/1424373805296889856

How dare he attend an indoor, invite only party filled with people who most likely got vaccinated and are probably running a risk lower than catching the common cold.

You know if Trump had taken proper precautions when covid first came around, we'd all probably be back to having spreaders with no masks.

Reactions: Dakitten

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess i dont need masks since Obama is having a spreader even and not using them
https://twitter.com/TrumpJew2/status/1424373805296889856
  1. You don't get to call something a "spreader event" when there's no evidence that it was a spreader event. When we called Trump's rallies in 2020 "super spreader events," for example, it's because we had evidence of those rallies heavily spreading COVID-19 and death in their wakes.
  2. The party was outdoors.
  3. The party's guests were all vaccinated.
  4. No laws nor guidances were violated.
It was a nice try though.

Last edited by Lacius,

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
  1. You don't get to call something a "spreader event" when there's no evidence that it was a spreader event. When we called Trump's rallies in 2020 "super spreader events," for example, it's because we had evidence of those rallies heavily spreading COVID-19 and death in their wakes.
  2. The party was outdoors.
  3. The party's guests were all vaccinated.
  4. No laws nor guidances were violated.
It was a nice try though.
Spreader events are fine when is Obama got it

Reactions: Glyptofane

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
One of my family members was saying covid alters your DNA, ughh. And they aren't even consiracy theorist either, they have a life and are too busy for conspiracy theories.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The media has been nonstop hyping every single holiday, event, political rally (but only gop ones) ect, as a super spreader event.

From 4th of july on, sturgis, trump rallies, labor day, halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, new years, the super bowl and super bowl parties, easter, labor day... and none have had any validity.
Now we are back full circle and they are hyping sturgis again.
Super spreader is just a buzz word at this point to get clicks.

But it's its okay to have thousands upon thousands of people standing inches from each other most without masks to protest racism, trump, the police, supreme court.
Have thousands of people have a biden dance parties all across the nation in cities in completely jammed packed streets of people, while the virus was raging right after the election, some high ranking democrats even joining them maskless.
These are completely fine and not "super spreader" events even though the vaccine wasnt even out yet.
But any anti-lockdown protests was immediately attacked and called super spreaders.

Even the recent lollapalooza with people packed like sardines with no masks on got almost no attention.

Last edited by Joe88,
Reactions: jimbo13

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The media has been nonstop hyping every single holiday, event, political rally (but only gop ones) ect, as a super spreader event.

From 4th of july on, sturgis, trump rallies, labor day, halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, new years, the super bowl and super bowl parties, easter, labor day... and none have had any validity.
Now we are back full circle and they are hyping sturgis again.
Super spreader is just a buzz word at this point to get clicks.

But it's its okay to have thousands up thousands of people standing inches from each other without masks to protest racism, trump, the police, supreme court.
Have thousands of people have a biden dance parties all across the nation in cities in completely jammed packed streets of people, while the virus was raging right after the election, some high ranking democrats even joining them maskless.
These are completely fine and not "super spreader" events even though the vaccine wasnt even out yet.

Even the recent lollapalooza with people packed like sardines with no masks on got almost no attention.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/us/lollapalooza-chicago-coronavirus/index.html
https://time.com/6085927/lollapalooza-covid-19/
https://apnews.com/article/entertai...rus-pandemic-3d89f17f87c37af8e9aba81df12e3ef4
Seems it got little attention because it required everyone be vaccinated or provide proof of being covid free, or at least thats what they were claiming beforehand. According to Times article this wasnt enforced very well in person, and they bashed the festival for this.

And I do remember fox news and other right wing news stations pretty constantly bashing protesters for spreading covid, even though they didnt care when Trump had rallies. So yeah, there's a partisan divide between which events news stations cover, shocker, but the right wing stations are absolutely no cleaner in this. They didnt report covid risks from the attempt on the government from republicans, trumps rallies or any other republican specific events just as cnn or whatever didnt cover police protests.

Edit: "and none have had any validity"
Correct me if I'm wrong, doesnt data suggest a massive increase in covid cases after trump rallies and major holidays? At least in the early covid days

Last edited by Ibcap,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/us/lollapalooza-chicago-coronavirus/index.html
https://time.com/6085927/lollapalooza-covid-19/
https://apnews.com/article/entertai...rus-pandemic-3d89f17f87c37af8e9aba81df12e3ef4
Seems it got little attention because it required everyone be vaccinated or provide proof of being covid free, or at least thats what they were claiming beforehand. According to Times article this wasnt enforced very well in person, and they bashed the festival for this.

And I do remember fox news and other right wing news stations pretty constantly bashing protesters for spreading covid, even though they didnt care when Trump had rallies. So yeah, there's a partisan divide between which events news stations cover, shocker, but the right wing stations are absolutely no cleaner in this. They didnt report covid risks from the attempt on the government from republicans, trumps rallies or any other republican specific events just as cnn or whatever didnt cover police protests.

Edit: "and none have had any validity"
Correct me if I'm wrong, doesnt data suggest a massive increase in covid cases after trump rallies and major holidays? At least in the early covid days

We don't care at all for the most part. What we care about is the continual progressive hypocrisy they are routinely found engaging in.

The rules & recommendations only apply to the serfs. There is a certain degree of practice what you preach or STFU.

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't care at all for the most part. What we care about is the continual progressive hypocrisy they are routinely found engaging in.

The rules & recommendations only apply to the serfs. There is a certain degree of practice what you preach or STFU.
I do practice what I preach personally, I havent engaged in any of these birthday parties or festivals or whatever. What Im arguing with here isnt that media is hypocritical, but the notion that the hypocrisy is specific to left wing media. The original post claimed that the media all hammered trump but gives a pass to left wing groups. Yet right wing media did the exact opposite, but they apparently get a pass?

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do practice what I preach personally, I havent engaged in any of these birthday parties or festivals or whatever. What Im arguing with here isnt that media is hypocritical, but the notion that the hypocrisy is specific to left wing media. The original post claimed that the media all hammered trump but gives a pass to left wing groups. Yet right wing media did the exact opposite, but they apparently get a pass?

Not addressing individuals or the media. I am addressing the laundry list of leftist politicians who got caught violating their own mandates.

There is little to no hypocrisy from the right because they aren't the ones pushing this nonsense, then going out and breaking the rules when they think the camera's are off. Lightfoot, Pelosi, AOC, Cuomo, Whitemere, Bullock, Texas Democrats fleeing to portugal flying without masks, I could cite examples all night but this post would be 10 pages.

There isn't a single prominent progressive that was instituting mandates that didn't get caught violating either a direct mandate or recommendations.

THAT IS HYPOCRISY

NEWSOM-3.jpg

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There is little to no hypocrisy from the right because they aren't the ones pushing this nonsense
Every one of the Republican politicians and talking heads got the vaccine the second it was available, and continued to tell their viewers/listeners not to get it anyway. That's hypocritical as hell.

There isn't a single prominent progressive that was instituting mandates that didn't get caught violating either a direct mandate or recommendations.
None of the mandates apply if you've been vaccinated and so has everybody else in the group you're in close contact with. This isn't that hard to understand.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every one of the Republican politicians and talking heads got the vaccine the second it was available, and continued to tell their viewers/listeners not to get it anyway. That's hypocritical as hell.

None of the mandates apply if you've been vaccinated and so has everybody else in the group you're in close contact with. This isn't that hard to understand.

Obviously you don't understand a Calendar because when Newsom and others were violating these mandates they were still in effect, I realize with such a short attention span you don't think it's fair to cite 6 months ago as a fair example of appalling behavior but some of us can remember last year. That's hard for you so, i'll give you a pass.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
when Newsom and others were violating these mandates they were still in effect
You didn't even mention Newsome in the post I quoted, let alone cite a source that included a date for these images. When that happens I just have to assume you're spouting bullshit, because you usually are.

------​

In related news: anti-vaxxers recently "did their own research" and stormed a building which they thought was occupied by BBC News...but they had moved out all the way back in 2013.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...protesters-storm-bbc-hq-years-after-moved-out

And now for a joke: how many anti-vaxxers does it take to change a lightbulb? None, they prefer to be kept in the dark.

Last edited by Xzi,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Face it, the emperor has no clothes and brave doctors like him need to call out the BS.

The emperor has clothes and the people "calling out the BS" are charlatans.

Obviously you don't understand a Calendar because when Newsom and others were violating these mandates they were still in effect,

The comment was in regard to "There isn't a single prominent progressive that was instituting mandates that didn't get caught". Now you can only name one who did.

I completely believe that there are going to be cases of people on all sides who broke mandates. But I'm not convinced that they all did.

If you have evidence that they all did then sure, I'll read it.

Generally people on the left will hammer everyone, those on the right will only hammer the ones on the left but then complain it's partisan when they get hammered.

Do you believe that mask wearers have the right to shoot non mask wearers?

A good mask wearing man with a gun saving everyone from the non mask wearer is something I'd have thought the right would have gone for.

Right wing politicians worldwide are certainly using covid misinformation to try to gain support.

But it's its okay to have thousands upon thousands of people standing inches from each other most without masks to protest racism, trump, the police, supreme court.

I disagree. I don't think it is ok. Maybe not everyone at those protests thought it was "ok" either. But they had what they considered a more life threatening situation going on.

I don't think anyone could argue that going to a Halloween party was the same as protesting against white police murdering innocent black men.

Last edited by smf,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo