• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just goes to show you people trust veterinary ivermectin over Biden, Fauci & pharma industry.

Because they are malicious liars.
youd have to actively distrust doctors worldwide for this to make sense but i guess the stereotype is true that americans (and in this case republicans especially) can only "think" as far as their own border

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
youd have to actively distrust doctors worldwide for this to make sense but i guess the stereotype is true that americans (and in this case republicans especially) can only "think" as far as their own border

Not true at all, plenty of doctors and researchers want data to look at ivermectin and HCQ or to even be able to discuss it without being censured.

The current state of medicine is top down and do as your told or be censored and ostracized.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
In germany they are now spreading the conspiracy of vaccine mosquitoes :D If it prevents them from coming to even more super spreader e... sorry meant protests of course, then i'm all in on this one :tpi:

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"they want data to look at ivermectin and HCQ"
just, LOL. There's plenty of data that does look at those, and proves they are not useful to mildly dangerous in most cases of covid, with maybe a yet-to-confirm (and currently looked-at by quite a few studies, in fact) exception for very old atients doing severe forms.
You implying that the data does not exist just proves either that you are specifically overlooking it for your own narrative, or that you are very uninformed on the subject you love saying so many falsities about.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In germany they are now spreading the conspiracy of vaccine mosquitoes :D If it prevents them from coming to even more super spreader e... sorry meant protests of course, then i'm all in on this one :tpi:
So you mean that pest might do something good? :O

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Really?
haven't heard that BS yet

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I need to stop reading these threads as it's actually starting to piss me off how Americans are politicising every-freaking-thing under the sun. It's getting to the point where science is considered a subjective topic ffs.
It's only one side in the United States that politicizes science, and there's a long history of it too. Vaccine denial, climate change denial, evolution denial, etc. Everybody should have seen this coming.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
So you mean that pest might do something good? :O
Everything is possible if you believe in it ;)

Really?
haven't heard that BS yet
It's just starting to spread. Might be a troll attempt actually to trick the "Querdenker"/Q people into not going to protests. They of course believe it because apparently everything without a source is true.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I need to stop reading these threads as it's actually starting to piss me off how Americans are politicising every-freaking-thing under the sun. It's getting to the point where science is considered a subjective topic ffs.

Politicians figured out a long time ago they can turn anything into a platform that garners votes. It doesn't help that many of these politicians are "actively Christian" in the sense that they use their religious crusade to further deny science in hopes of more votes. Modern day politics state wise has become little more than a popularity contest. This is why I hold firm that votes don't matter in the way we think they do; if someone wants to stay in power bad enough, "we the people" have very little voice in the matter.

You think you're disgusted by modern America? Try living here.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only one side in the United States that politicizes science, and there's a long history of it too. Vaccine denial, climate change denial, evolution denial, etc. Everybody should have seen this coming.

Said the leftist that thinks women can have a penis.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Said the leftist that thinks women can have a penis.
Exhibit A

I suggest you learn the difference between sex and gender. Since gender identity is not necessarily determined by what kind of genitals someone has, a trans woman can indeed have a penis. It sounds like someone also doesn't know the difference between a cisgender woman and a transgender woman.

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And that's not even accounting for intersex people whose gender identity would be that of a woman. But This is completely off topic tbh, we were talking about how strange conspiracies around covid and the current vaccines for it are.
Did not hear yet of the mosquito one in europe either, but it's not surprising that someone would make something up like that, when you know some mosquitoes in some places around the world are a vector for spreading a few dangerous illnesses :(

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SARS-CoV-2 failure to infect or replicate in mosquitoes: an extreme challenge

This research addresses public speculation that SARS-CoV-2 might be transmitted by mosquitoes. The World Health Organization has stated “To date there has been no information nor evidence to suggest that the new coronavirus could be transmitted by mosquitoes”. Here we provide the first experimental data to investigate the capacity of SARS-CoV-2 to infect and be transmitted by mosquitoes. Three widely distributed species of mosquito; Aedes aegypti, Ae. albopictus and Culex quinquefasciatus, representing the two most significant genera of arbovirus vectors that infect people, were tested. We demonstrate that even under extreme conditions, SARS-CoV-2 virus is unable to replicate in these mosquitoes and therefore cannot be transmitted to people even in the unlikely event that a mosquito fed upon a viremic host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!