Not open for further replies.

DSlnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So, just tried Beta 5.0
Starts really nice, the loading screen isn't pixelated anymore, then the covers display, the light on my Wiimote indicates that i'm the third player, and I can't do anything.
Not sure it's a freeze, the wii turns off immediately when I press the power button on the Wii.
Tried reconnecting the Wiimote, but it won't reconnect.

3.2E, widescreen, maybe 10-15 games, preloader installed.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there still an issue with limitations on the amount of covers with version 5 beta ?
Just tired this and the covers dont seem to display correctly even though they are on the sd card.

DSlnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Changed Wiimote and it works
smile.gif

got a freeze while downloading covers

LexLuthor

Trophies
XP
Country
This loader always loads in black and white on my PAL system.
I have no problem with any of the other loaders that I have tried.
Is there anything I could do to prevent this?

Thanks.

[4.0, Non Widescreen, PAL]

waterfluid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jos7960 said:
Still a code dump when I boot it.

0905091329.jpg

4.0E
480p
widescreen
23 games
preloader

make sure to have cIOS rev10 installed.
Had the same problem because i only had rev9 - no covers were shown and since the checkDirs() function was implemented (somewhere around r108) i used to get Code Dumps right on start up (for testing i commented checkDirs() out: loader started but still no covers).
No problems with other usb loaders... so this loader seems to acces the SD card in a special way that can only be handled by cIOS rev10 (?).
Since i'm on rev10 all covers work and no Code Dumps
smile.gif

morback

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everey time i tried to launch this loader i got a red picture... It's like black and white but it's... black and red.

I've got a PAL wii and all others loaders work nice. I haven't tried the last 5.0 version but i guess the changelog doesn't concern this problem?

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
morback said:
Everey time i tried to launch this loader i got a red picture... It's like black and white but it's... black and red.

I've got a PAL wii and all others loaders work nice. I haven't tried the last 5.0 version but i guess the changelog doesn't concern this problem?
That problem occurred when using PAL, 50HZ, and RGB cables... try different video settings and see if anything changes...

frankomio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
morback said:

Hi, same issue for me,

seems, that the loader always started in NTSC-Mode .-(((

there are 2 workarounds:

1. change the Input to your TV from av1 to av2, or similar
2. set your wii to 576p (50Hz) Mode

that my only solution for this

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
waterfluid said:

make sure to have cIOS rev10 installed.
Had the same problem because i only had rev9 - no covers were shown and since the checkDirs() function was implemented (somewhere around r108) i used to get Code Dumps right on start up (for testing i commented checkDirs() out: loader started but still no covers).
No problems with other usb loaders... so this loader seems to acces the SD card in a special way that can only be handled by cIOS rev10 (?).
Since i'm on rev10 all covers work and no Code Dumps
smile.gif

Thanks!

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
5.0 is working really fine to me ! Perfect ! Thanks !

Let me ask something that I always see and never knew what it is:

What does the Hook do ???

Oh, just a little question. When we change something on settings, are they stored on wiicoverflow.xml ?
I changed the OneCliek Load to ON and after a reboot, the setting was to OFF again....

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
you're making excellent progress with this loader, I'm impressed!
Still having one problem though and I don't know if the loader itself is the problem or if my setup is.
Currently, I don't have an external HDD yet, so I'm testing with a 2GB SD-card in a USB card reader. That's working just fine. But only 2 games will fit. The covers and disc images for these games will show just fine and they also load correctly. But the problem is the scrolling. The loader will start with the first game as the selected cover in the middle of the screen. The other one is to the left of it. So if I press left on d-pad, that other cover will be selected and the first one will move to the right.
But then, I can't scroll back. If I press right, the cover in the center will a tiny bit (it will tilt slighly), but it won't move. So using d-pad, I can't select the first game again. Scrolling with the slider is still working.
I've been having this problem since the first time I tried your loader, that was a few releases ago.
So what's causing this problem? Is it because of my limited number of games or is there something wrong with scrolling in the loader itself?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
lexlth said:
5.0 is working really fine to me ! Perfect ! Thanks !

Let me ask something that I always see and never knew what it is:

What does the Hook do ???

Oh, just a little question. When we change something on settings, are they stored on wiicoverflow.xml ?
I changed the OneCliek Load to ON and after a reboot, the setting was to OFF again....

The Hook is how Ocarina gets loaded by a game. Basically there are a few common bits of code in games that can be patched to divert it to some custom code when that game runs. Most games work fine with the default VI hook but some can't be patched that way so we're providing the other two common hooks as well (there are now more (see GeckoOS 1.8 - but this is closed source so we can't use them in our loader).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Gm4uiJXfM&pp=ygUeSSBoYXZlIG5pcHBsZXMgY2FuIHlvdSBtaWxrIG1l