wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
Changes:
  • Fixed gui = start
  • Fixed all select/list options (e.g., hide_game, return_to_channel)
  • Started to add a fully fledged help feature (only theme options done for now, push F1).
  • Titles of windows now translatable
  • Minor corrections for translation placement

• Thanks, this last feature is working good.
    wink.gif

Just a note: "Overlay Wizard" and "Console Wizars" instructions' titles are not translated:

instrconsole.jpg

instroverlay.jpg

I checked twice, I copied correctly the values.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiixale said:
Just a note: "Overlay Wizard" and "Console Wizars" instructions' titles are not translated:

I checked twice, I copied correctly the values.
Thanks. I just realised I never actually tested that part :S.

In any case, those forms might be disappearing soon, as I am considering moving that information to the help documentation instead.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v57.4 of Configurator is out

Download here or use online update, but read note below (via Actions menu)

Changes:
  • Fixed titles for instructions pages
  • Completed help pages for all options (More help coming soon)
  • Added menu features for Help
  • You can now push F2 to get the What's This Option? type functionality.
Sample cdbs have been updated for the new menu items.

Note: The help file has moved to the same directory as the .exe. Unfortunately, I forgot to make it extract the .chm file out of the file itself, but future versions will.

I also need to make it work with an alternate filename, I guess (for translators). Anybody got any input on what the new filename should be?

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thanks Dr. Clipper

I have a suggestion for the Cover Download wizard.

It will save some clicking if it can, after I selected the 2D path, automatically populate the 3D, Disc & Full Path fields as these are usually based off the 2D path.

Rdgs.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiiwu said:
Thanks Dr. Clipper

I have a suggestion for the Cover Download wizard.

It will save some clicking if it can, after I selected the 2D path, automatically populate the 3D, Disc & Full Path fields as these are usually based off the 2D path.

Also I noticed Configurator sometimes doesn't appear when I Alt-Tab to switch around my current tasks.

Rdgs.
For the path thing, perhaps set the covers_path variable on Global Options 2 before starting the cover wizard, or run the configurator from the base of the directory structure where you want the covers to go and it should go there. Then again, I think I just had an idea that should make what you want possible... Stay tuned for the next version.

As for your other comment, I have no idea how to fix the Alt-Tab thing unless you can figure out what you are doing to make it disappear (or is it just not appearing when you start it).

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v57.5 of Configurator is out

Download here or use online update (via Actions menu)

Changes:
  • Added a lot more help information
  • Fixed some more bugs with window titles
  • The help file will be extracted from the .zip when using online update
  • New field in cover wizard allows you to change your "base" path to change all paths
Sample cdbs have been updated (coverwiz.cdb only).

The help file has added a considerable amount of size to the download. If this is a problem, let me know and I will start splitting the help file into a separate download, or possibly even host it online.

I also still need to make help work with an alternate filename, I guess (for translators). Anybody got any input on what the new filename should be?

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hosigumayuugi said:
Japanese updated in my post.

Can I translate splash screen?
No, you can't translate the splash. I don't really want it to bother with any file I/O. Besides, most of the text won't be there any more once somebody submits a suitable design for a replacement screen. Feel free to recommend this to anyone if you are posting the translation elsewhere. In the meantime, I guess I might be persuaded to put the "is loading..." part in alternate languages as well as English. Submit the relevant text if you would like me to do this (that goes to all the translators).

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
I also still need to make help work with an alternate filename, I guess (for translators). Anybody got any input on what the new filename should be?

I think there is no need to change its name. "ConfiguratorHelp" is good, maybe you can call it just "Help".

Consider that the diffusion of English language in IT makes people bear English names in some applications, so I think this could be an already-solved problem.
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiixale said:
Dr. Clipper said:

I think there is no need to change its name. "ConfiguratorHelp" is good, maybe you can call it just "Help".

Consider that the diffusion of English language in IT makes people bear English names in some applications, so I think this could be an already-solved problem.
wink.gif
It's more that the Configurator now automatically extracts the help file when it online updates. If we are going to make the help translatable, then it can't use the same filename as every update would automatically overwrite it with the English version. Thus, I need some sort of filename for the alternate help file. Perhaps ConfiguratorHelpTrans.chm or something.

Then again, I'm not sure any of you will want to translate the help files... There's a LOT of info in there already and I have a lot more planned. To show you what sort of work this will take, I have uploaded the source for the help here. You'll need Microsoft HTML Help Workshop to edit it (a free tool). Open the .hhp file from the .zip and it should link to the rest of the files automatically. If you compile the help, the default will save in the parent directory of wherever the .hhp option is, e.g., if the files are in c:\dir\help\, then the compiled file will end up in c:\dir. You can change this location with the project properties if you'd prefer them somewhere else.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
It's more that the Configurator now automatically extracts the help file when it online updates. If we are going to make the help translatable, then it can't use the same filename as every update would automatically overwrite it with the English version. Thus, I need some sort of filename for the alternate help file. Perhaps ConfiguratorHelpTrans.chm or something.

Then again, I'm not sure any of you will want to translate the help files... There's a LOT of info in there already and I have a lot more planned. To show you what sort of work this will take, I have uploaded the source for the help here. You'll need Microsoft HTML Help Workshop to edit it (a free tool). Open the .hhp file from the .zip and it should link to the rest of the files automatically. If you compile the help, the default will save in the parent directory of wherever the .hhp option is, e.g., if the files are in c:\dir\help\, then the compiled file will end up in c:\dir. You can change this location with the project properties if you'd prefer them somewhere else.

Mmh, it's a long work, but not impossible. I just have to reserve me some spare time to refine the Configurator translation and start the help one.

Thanks for the explanation for the process.
wink.gif

About the help filename: why can't it just be "Help-it" or "Help-ITA" (with or without the "Conf"- prefix)?
However, users must recall it from inside the Configurator, so they haven't to open it from the folder (and, if they want to, I hope they're not so stupid to understand which is the right help file
tongue.gif
).

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiixale said:
About the help filename: why can't it just be "Help-it" or "Help-ITA" (with or without the "Conf"- prefix)?
However, users must recall it from inside the Configurator, so they haven't to open it from the folder (and, if they want to, I hope they're not so stupid to understand which is the right help file
tongue.gif
).
That is certainly possible, but in that case I would just look to see if there are any files that start with 'ConfiguratorHelp-' and just load the first one. It would look in the same directories where it already looks for the cdbs in.

Ah, I'll just make an executive decision on this. For the interest of saving time during boot, the alternate help file will now be 'AltConfiguratorHelp.chm'. If found in the application path, or the 'cdbs' or 'languages' subfolders of the application path, it will automatically use that file instead of the English one.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
Ah, I'll just make an executive decision on this. For the interest of saving time during boot, the alternate help file will now be 'AltConfiguratorHelp.chm'. If found in the application path, or the 'cdbs' or 'languages' subfolders of the application path, it will automatically use that file instead of the English one.

Mmh, sorry, I didn't understand what "alternate help file" is. Is the translated one?

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiixale said:
Dr. Clipper said:

Mmh, sorry, I didn't understand what "alternate help file" is. Is the translated one?
Yes. You just put the file AltConfiguratorHelp.chm in the same places as the cdbs and it will use that help file instead of ConfiguratorHelp.chm.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
wiixale said:
Yes. You just put the file AltConfiguratorHelp.chm in the same places as the cdbs and it will use that help file instead of ConfiguratorHelp.chm.

So, with this "trick", you avoid to rename the help file with eg. language pre/suffix?

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiixale said:
Dr. Clipper said:
wiixale said:

So, with this "trick", you avoid to rename the help file with eg. language pre/suffix?
Yeah, if I were to allow any prefix/suffix, then it would mean I'd need to do a wildcard search for the file, which would just be annoying. The way it is now (in my unreleased version), I just check the three possible file locations with fixed names. Much easier and faster. Also, it avoids potential problems, like people who make copies of old files. I wouldn't want those copies, like "ConfiguratorHelp - Copy.chm" which would be created by Windows to be detected as an alternate language file to use. And you can't have multiple languages installed for the existing translation files, so there's no need to have multiple names for the help files either.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
Yeah, if I were to allow any prefix/suffix, then it would mean I'd need to do a wildcard search for the file, which would just be annoying. The way it is now (in my unreleased version), I just check the three possible file locations with fixed names. Much easier and faster. Also, it avoids potential problems, like people who make copies of old files. I wouldn't want those copies, like "ConfiguratorHelp - Copy.chm" which would be created by Windows to be detected as an alternate language file to use. And you can't have multiple languages installed for the existing translation files, so there's no need to have multiple names for the help files either.

Understood.

I agree with your decision.
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v57.6 of Configurator is out

Download here or use online update (via Actions menu)

Changes:
  • AltConfiguratorHelp.chm can be used to translate the Help.
  • Lots of Cover Wizard updates:
  • The paths turn red if they don't exist
  • Bug fix for conversion of {CC} tag on non-PAL covers
  • You can double click a game to download covers for that game
  • You can click an unchecked box to download just that cover
  • You can click a checked box to delete a cover (with a yes/no warning prompt)
  • Full cover images have their resolution displayed above them so you can detect which are HQ
Sample cdbs have been updated (coverwiz.cdb only).

I'll be adding some more help info soon, but I think I'll try tackling the theme downloads with Cfg first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: