Hacking Configurable USB Loader

jamesban

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this loader but I have not been able to figure out how to cahnge this option to rip games to my ntfs drive with it.
I see this on how to enable it but where do I find this option? I have tried checking everywhere in settings. Thanks.

install game on NTFS is disabled by default but can be enabled with option: ntfs_write=1

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Wii_moron said:
Why does the program download disc covers when it downloads the cover art? I dont see a button to show the disc covers. Only front and back of the game box
If you don't need it, set:

cover_url_disc =

You could also set:

download_all_styles = 0

camurso_ said:
Thank you! But last night I was getting an error stating that the url did not start by http. Maybe I should append that to those parameters, right?
Note that you probably just want to leave the URL option as its default value and only add your key via the option. Wiinertag is the first URL in the list.

QUOTE(rikuumi @ Jan 15 2011, 03:26 AM) Since the 63v patch where do I save Game covers and stuff?

I only have "Music" folder and a "config" file in my usb-loader folder?
The default cover directories are usb-loader/covers/2d, usb-loader/covers/3d, usb-loader/covers/disc and usb-loader/covers/full, but you can change those to other directories using the covers_path options in config.txt.

QUOTE(jamesban @ Jan 15 2011, 05:23 AM)
I love this loader but I have not been able to figure out how to cahnge this option to rip games to my ntfs drive with it.
I see this on how to enable it but where do I find this option? I have tried checking everywhere in settings. Thanks.

install game on NTFS is disabled by default but can be enabled with option: ntfs_write=1
You need to choose your NTFS partition in settings.cfg. The partition option is the one you need to change. Either use the Configurator or go to the global settings page in Cfg (push 1 twice), use the partition setting there to choose your NTFS partition, and then save the settings with 2.

Edit: Upon rereading your post, I may have misunderstood your question. YOu also have to add ntfs_write=1 to config.txt for ripping to the drive. YOu can use the Configurator to help with that.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ChaosEnergy said:
just tried new super mario broth with 63b4
config.txt disable_nsmb_patch = 1
SMNP01.bca in usbloader folder, like before
game is set to hermes cios 222
I run into error during game play, like without the BCA file
is BCA and Hermes 5.1 incompatible?
Ok figured out why that wasn't working...
5.1 supports shadow mload, which I enabled before setting BCA, but mload is required to set BCA so it failed.
This will be fixed in next rel.
I have also added an additional check to read back BCA from IOS print it out and compare if it is correct to verify that it is indeed enabled.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v64b4 (beta)
cfg64b4.dol
cfg64b4-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v64b4 (beta)
* Fixed BCA with hermes cios v5.1
* Cleanups

ChaosEnergy: can you try this and confirm if it's working or not?
btw, I'd recommend to save the savegame to sd as i think it gets reset if backup is detected.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i didnt understood why i should copy the savegame..but with disable msmb patch = 1 bca now loads with hermes 5.1 shows very quick the bca content, i was able to see the 1
smile.gif
and game starts now without directly going black
also i was able to play 3 levels
so it seems to be fixed
good for the case new bca protected games will come up...

maybe someone else could verify that it is ok with hermes v4 too (if needed)

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
jesquinas said:
My surprise was great, CFGUSBLoader tries to find information in sd: or usb0: (I suppose) but it is not able to handle this particular setup.There isnt option to choose a disk or partition for loading the games.
The USB slot depends on the CIOS not the loader.
If you use ciosx rev21 base 58 then you can use USB in SLOT1

Perfect.I installed cIOSx rev 21 in the 249 slot with base 58 (thats its the issue) and all worked fine.
Another question almost personal,What do u think about the last waninkoko'cIOS (rev21)?

Thx.

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi oggzee, first of all I want to contratulate you and all the CFG Loader team for the hard work, it's a great loader! I've been using it for a year now and it always worked - no crashes - no hang-ups - just perfect! thank you all.
I'm testing the last version (v64b4) and the new info about controllers is really handy.
My suggestion is: if the game title is longer than one line, can it be splitted by word and not by letter?

An example, currently:

Mario y Sonic en los Juegos Olímicos de in
vierno

Suggestion:

Mario y Sonic en los Juegos Olímpicos de
invierno

Again, thanks for the hard work and if there's anything I can do to help just tell me, I'm using cIOSX rev21 base 56 and it works like a charm.
Regards from Patagonia!

gsaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gsaz said:
oggzee said:
gsaz: sounds like your setup is cursed then
wink.gif

Oh poop....
frown.gif

update
Yep, looks like it's hard drive related after all, drive not always spinning up on start.
64b4 ( and probably every other version
wink.gif
) works fine as long as I make sure the drive is spinning on start up.
I think the other stuff I was experiencing was purely coincidental which mislead me as to what was happening.
Better back my games up before the drive decides to throw a major wobbly and eat them all.
smile.gif

sonik2049

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here is a "stupid" question but I know you can download four images for each game (covers) Flat, 3D and full cover I understand and I can look at them, but disc cover? Were are they? (exept on my sd card) I have looked all over CFG but I can't find em?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonik2049 said:
Here is a "stupid" question but I know you can download four images for each game (covers) Flat, 3D and full cover I understand and I can look at them, but disc cover? Were are they? (exept on my sd card) I have looked all over CFG but I can't find em?
you can remove those "" 's:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=3390299

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Wii_moron said:
Why does the program download disc covers when it downloads the cover art? I dont see a button to show the disc covers. Only front and back of the game box
You can edit config.txt to configure the cover_style option to display 2d covers, fixed-angle 3d covers or disc art when in the console views and the grid-based gui modes.

Yeah 'cover_style=' will change the viewed covers, but can I have a different one in console view

eg
cover_stlye=2d
console=disc

ageurtse

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello in tryed to installed the wad forwarder from post http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-us...t&p=3386889

but it doesn't load the usb loader it goes straight back to the wii start screen.

what do i wrong or is there a tutorial where or what to put where on my sd card.

through the home channel i can start usb loader but i would start it from the main screen.

i have the moving icon on my start screen but it looks it is not working.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ageurtse said:
hello in tryed to installed the wad forwarder from post http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-us...t&p=3386889

but it doesn't load the usb loader it goes straight back to the wii start screen.

what do i wrong or is there a tutorial where or what to put where on my sd card.

through the home channel i can start usb loader but i would start it from the main screen.

i have the moving icon on my start screen but it looks it is not working.
You need IOS58, here is the installer:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer
Then it should start.

QUOTE(Eskeletor @ Jan 12 2011, 09:43 PM) Hi all

it is possible to have a forwarder in inverse order of prioryty of look .dol file

i mean, USB/SD instead of SD/USB

Thanks in advance

Sorry for my english
Try this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?h6p81k81ksbgn62
It should boot from USB first.

@oggzee:

Could you please add my forwarder v8 to the first post?
http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-us...t&p=3386889
Thanks!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
strapsoz said:
Quick question

Is it recomended to apply clear patches for NSMB if using NSMB patch and return to loader function?
No. THe only game that needs the Clear Patches feature at the current time is Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Psionic Roshambo only if you're electroboom