Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
jesquinas said:
The Nintendo DSi common key has been revealed,jijjiji.I think that ogzee and Dr.Clipper are going to have a lot of work in the futur with a new roms DSi Loader :-)
I think we won't.

QUOTE(nop.compiler @ Jan 16 2011, 05:02 PM) I forgot to mention that I have available BootMii in my console. The 4.3 upgrade deleted the homebrew channel but I still have that menu that appears when you start Wii which you can handle with power and reset buttons.
By using that menu ... can I reinstall the HBC or install an app-forwarder or the usb cfg loader without the need of a modchip or LegoIndi/Yu-gi-oh?
Thanks.
I think so.

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
nop.compiler said:
I forgot to mention that I have available BootMii in my console. The 4.3 upgrade deleted the homebrew channel but I still have that menu that appears when you start Wii which you can handle with power and reset buttons.

By using that menu ... can I reinstall the HBC or install an app-forwarder or the usb cfg loader without the need of a modchip or LegoIndi/Yu-gi-oh?

Thanks.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
sssssssssssssssssss.
Look to the link that Dr.Clipper gave you.
http://gwht.wikidot.com/launch

Greetings.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jesquinas said:
FIX94,I was thinking about the url http://gwht.wikidot.com/launch who gave Dr.Clipper.It is a extra protection measure againt the HBC delection.The problem is that if Nintendo knows the title ID of your forwarder can delete it too.Could be possible to select the title ID with a installer forwarder channel homebrew?After,if you want to delete or update the forwarder you could use the Wii System Menu for deleting and the installer for the new forwarder version.
What dou you think about it?

Thx.
Nintendo could delete it, but it's very unrealistic because there are so many other forwarders. It's completely unneeded to create a installer only for that.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what version of cfg usb loader I use I don't see the new scrollable wiitdb info. I just update the boot.dol right? or is there something else I have to do? I'm so confused. Maybe I'll just go to sleep I'm better at that.
smile.gif

nop.compiler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

I managed to reinstall the Homebrew Channel using bootmii! :-)

But when I run CFG USB LOADER v63, I get the following message:

QUOTE said:
[+] Error
Custom IOS 249 is a stub!
Please reinstall it.

What should I download to install that requirement?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to shut down the DSi talk, there are several reasons we won't be touching it. In no particular order, here's a few of them:

1: Neither of us owns a DSi. I'm waiting for the 3DS (I suspected it was imminent at the DSi launch and thus skipped the DSi) and oggzee doesn't even own a DS.

2: Unlike Wii, there's very little use for SD loading or whatever apart from piracy, and we both despise piracy. Thus, there's nothing really interesting to work on in the space.

3: We don't get enough spare time as it is.

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
nop.compiler said:
Hi.

I managed to reinstall the Homebrew Channel using bootmii! :-)

But when I run CFG USB LOADER v63, I get the following message:

QUOTE said:
[+] Error
Custom IOS 249 is a stub!
Please reinstall it.

What should I download to install that requirement?

Compatriot,congratulations,did you know that marcan,one of the creators of HBC is from Castro urdiales (Cantabria)?
Well,now you must install the waninkoko'cIOS and Hermes'cIOS,if you need anything send me PM.

Greetings.

PD: Very important,you have bootmii installed like boot2.Make a NAND backup yes or yes.Never you will have a brick with bootmii/boot2.

nop.compiler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jesquinas said:
Well,now you must install the waninkoko'cIOS and Hermes'cIOS,if you need anything send me PM.

I've downloaded both files (217 rev 20 and Hermes CIOs), but I still don't know how to install them.

I think I'm going to follow the steps described in http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236, http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249 and http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 ...

Do you think those websites are good references to follow?

Are waninkoko and Hermes compatible? I mean: can I install both of them (first 249 and then 222?).

QUOTEPD: Very important,you have bootmii installed like boot2.Make a NAND backup yes or yes.Never you will have a brick with bootmii/boot2.

Yes, I've installed bootmii as boot2, but if I remove the /sdcard/bootmii folder, the "bootmii menu" does not show up when I start the Wii ... I don't know if that's normal of I need to press any special key / button to pop up that menu...

In a few minutes (before installing the cIOS'es) I'll make the nand backups.

Thanks!

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Just to shut down the DSi talk, there are several reasons we won't be touching it. In no particular order, here's a few of them:

1: Neither of us owns a DSi. I'm waiting for the 3DS (I suspected it was imminent at the DSi launch and thus skipped the DSi) and oggzee doesn't even own a DS.

2: Unlike Wii, there's very little use for SD loading or whatever apart from piracy, and we both despise piracy. Thus, there's nothing really interesting to work on in the space.

3: We don't get enough spare time as it is.

Dr.Clipper is a only a joke.Anycase the knowledge of the DSi common key in only the first step in a very very long process.Moreover,the team tweezers knew the common key long time ago.

Greetings.

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
nop.compiler said:
jesquinas said:

I've downloaded both files (217 rev 20 and Hermes CIOs), but I still don't know how to install them.

I think I'm going to follow the steps described in http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236, http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249 and http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 ...

Do you think those websites are good references to follow?

Are waninkoko and Hermes compatible? I mean: can I install both of them (first 249 and then 222?).

QUOTEPD: Very important,you have bootmii installed like boot2.Make a NAND backup yes or yes.Never you will have a brick with bootmii/boot2.

Yes, I've installed bootmii as boot2, but if I remove the /sdcard/bootmii folder, the "bootmii menu" does not show up when I start the Wii ... I don't know if that's normal of I need to press any special key / button to pop up that menu...

In a few minutes (before installing the cIOS'es) I'll make the nand backups.

Thanks!

Yes,they are compatible,they install in differents slots.My particular recomendation is to use the 222-version of de USB Loader and if a game doesnt work set up that game with a waninkoko cIOS.More...install at least rev21 waninkoko'cIOS in a slot with base 58 .If you want I gave you my particular setup cIOS-slots-IOS base.

If you remove the bootmi folder Bootmii doesnt run because in run time boot2 (modified by Hackmii installer) looks in the SD card for a folder with that name for running bootmii.If the folder exists bootmii program is ran ,anothercase the process follows and IOS System Menu is ran.Better than deleting the folder is renaming it and when you needs bootmii you rename the folder to bootmii again.

Greetings from Madrid.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get Pal games to display with CFG. What are the best overall settings? Force Pal 50/60, video patch etc etc. Trying to play a copy of Trackmania. Seems to get sound, but no picture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah just eat floor crumbs
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Juan's floor crumbs were always rat fur
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Change from real cheese, to government cheese, you'll save some money.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking Biden making us pay full internet prices
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Of course there is always, OnlyFans, or a GoFundMe, to raise some money.
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?