charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
charroux said:
~400 games on WBFS takes about 3-5 seconds with 249 or 222/223 (I can't tell if there is a difference).
~750 games on FAT takes 45-55 seconds without footer drive info, which is why I don't use FAT. Tried on 2 different USB drives: the drives really works hard during that load time. Also, saving the games list when saving global options takes 10-15 seconds.
Aha that is just for showing up the list?
Thanks for the detailed report.
Now, one question, do you have an updated titles.txt?
Because one of the problems when showing up the large number of games from FAT is taking the title from each file, now i have optimized that by just using titles.txt, but if the title is not there it will still look up the individual files.
Also in v47 there was added a small optimization (thanks to giantpune) that should speed up reading the title from the individual files.
If you still have all those games installed on fat i would be very interested in knowing if going from 46 to 47 improves showing up the list of games and also if using the latest titles.txt makes any difference.
Woohoo! v47/48 FAT is just as fast as WBFS! 6-8 seconds startup, and 6-7 seconds for writing gameslist.txt Thanks!
BTW: The loading screen shows has the wrong version (for the past few versions).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
charroux said:
Woohoo! v47/48 FAT is just as fast as WBFS! 6-8 seconds startup, and 6-7 seconds for writing gameslist.txt Thanks!
BTW: The loading screen shows has the wrong version (for the past few versions).
Thanks for the confirmation!
So i guess you don't use titles.txt, which means the optimization giantpune made works
wink.gif

Unless you were trying it with a beta version of 46 which did not use titles.txt, yes that was slow.

Huh, i haven't noticed any wrong versions in the loading screen, maybe you have the loader installed in multiple locations, and then it depends on which forwarder or hbc which version gets started.. or perhaps you use a hybrid channel? Just trying to guess...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
nanashino said:
Any reason why games wouldn't be installing? It just freezes and doesn't give an "eject disc" option
Can you try versions 46 and 47 and tell me if there is a difference? There were some install related changes in 47.
Also, btw are you using FAT or WBFS? But i think that's not a problem.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a heads up: NTSC NSMB won't work unpatched just yet. It's a simple fix and a new version of Cfg will be released soon(ish).

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nanashino said:
Any reason why games wouldn't be installing? It just freezes and doesn't give an "eject disc" option

Just installed Animal Crossing and TW 10 with v48 with no freezes and able to eject the disc when it finished.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Oggzee

Dr. Clipper said:
Can the meta.xml update please be made optional? I have renamed the title within meta.xml so that Cfg sorts to the top of my homebrew list. The new feature means I'll have to edit the file manually after every online update and I'd prefer for it to work the old way, but agree the default should be to update it.

Same problem of Dr. Clipper for me too...

Another "problem": could the file title.txt be upgraded incrementally? I have two HD and I presume that updating the titles of the second HD overwrites the titles of the first one...

Thanks Oggzee for the best loader available...

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oggzee said:
So i guess you don't use titles.txt, which means the optimization giantpune made works
wink.gif

Damn, is giantpune getting credit for my optimization routine?
frown.gif
frown.gif

Ah well, glad it fixed some performance issues!

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
jefffisher said:
my friend is trying to run a game from sd card fat formatted what does he need to change in the config file? he already tried changing usb to sdhc and that wasnt enough
FAT on SD is not supported.

just a suggestion: i think adding
Q: "can you play games from a FAT 32 filesystem on an sd card?"
A: "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

to the faq would stop some people from asking. its getting a little annoying after about 5 times...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
cambric said:
Hi Oggzee

Dr. Clipper said:
Can the meta.xml update please be made optional? I have renamed the title within meta.xml so that Cfg sorts to the top of my homebrew list. The new feature means I'll have to edit the file manually after every online update and I'd prefer for it to work the old way, but agree the default should be to update it.

Same problem of Dr. Clipper for me too...

Another "problem": could the file title.txt be upgraded incrementally? I have two HD and I presume that updating the titles of the second HD overwrites the titles of the first one...

Thanks Oggzee for the best loader available...
oggzee said in chat that the meta.xml will become optional, so don't worry (we agreed on pushing 1 to select the update will avoid the meta.xml while pushing A downloads it).

I don't understand the second point. titles.txt is simply located in the base folder. That is the file which is being updated. It will only update on whatever drive or SD card you are using to launch the loader.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello,

would it be possible to load .wbfs images off a different folder as /wbfs/ ?
I'd like to put every game in it's own folder with the .nfo file and rename the .wbfs file to something non cryptic.

Thanks

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Elfish said:
hello,

would it be possible to load .wbfs images off a different folder as /wbfs/ ?
I'd like to put every game in it's own folder with the .nfo file and rename the .wbfs file to something non cryptic.

Thanks
Yeah I'd like a selectable path for games too, but it's not a problem if it takes a while to include it. People could recompile, but with so many updates it would become very tedious.

I'm curious as to why FAT isn't supported from SD, can any of the coders elaborate on this (a little)

btw, I'm fooooking loving the FAT support...best feature of any loader imo.

TinyBilbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Changes:
* Profiles - aka multiple favorite groups
option: profile_names = [default], name2, name3,...
(max profiles:10, max profile name length: 16)
Profiles can be added, removed and reordered with this option.
But if you want to rename it, you will need to change the profile
name also in settings.cfg otherwise it will be considered as a new
name and the old one will be forgotten next time you save settings.
Profiles can be switched in the global options screen. Changing a
game favorite setting is done as usual in the game options screen.

How do I enable the profiles?
I added "profile_names = [default]" to the config and it appears in the loader options
- but I can't seem to be able to add or delete or reorder any others...
Thx

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
I'm curious as to why FAT isn't supported from SD, can any of the coders elaborate on this (a little)
I believe it's because IOS222/223 only supports USB, not SD.

QUOTE(TinyBilbo @ Nov 16 2009, 09:27 AM) How do I enable the profiles?
I added "profile_names = [default]" to the config and it appears in the loader options
- but I can't seem to be able to add or delete or reorder any others...
Thx
To add profiles, you list them there, e.g.:

profile_names = profile1, profile2, sports

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
baffle-boy said:
oggzee said:
jefffisher said:
my friend is trying to run a game from sd card fat formatted what does he need to change in the config file? he already tried changing usb to sdhc and that wasnt enough
FAT on SD is not supported.

just a suggestion: i think adding
Q: "can you play games from a FAT 32 filesystem on an sd card?"
A: "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

to the faq would stop some people from asking. its getting a little annoying after about 5 times...
Well that has already been added to the FAQ same time as i replied to that post.
But i guess it won't help because people won't look
wink.gif

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
drizzt007 said:
I still couldn't get this to work. so, tell me where I'm going astray.
here's what I did ,

1. hit read existing config.txt
2.found the config.txt file in the folder( H: apps/usb-loader)
3. select config.txt and hit open
4.a pop up comes up saying "found theme.txt H:apps\usb-loader\BlueMatrix\theme.txt do you wish to load it?)

so I say yes , and then what am I supposed to do after that?

I tried hittting generate config.txt with global options , but the covers still aren't showing up.
do I need to hit the install all files button as well?
After step 4, click the tab for Global Options page 2 and change the paths for the covers_path_* options to wherever you have the files stored. After that, do the generate config.txt with global options step.

i've taken some screenshots to make sure I've got the correct filepaths, etc.

this is what I see when loading the config.txt file
loading config.txt

I wasn't sure about this, since it said theme.txt , but I didn't know which other one to use so I just hit yes. Is this the right file I'm loading?

theme.txt

this is what my config.txt looks like after saving it. it doesn't look like it did anything when I saved it.

config.txt

here's where I have the covers covers path

what am I doing wrong here?

the only thing that shows up is the 'no image' picture.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
drizzt007 said:
what am I doing wrong here?

the only thing that shows up is the 'no image' picture.
Hmm, everything seems OK. Does there also happen to be a config.txt in one of the subfolders of the apps folder (likely to be in USBLoader if anywhere)?

Edit (worked out your problem): The BlueMatrix theme uses "cover_style=3d". You can change that. Do the stuff you did earlier, but change the "cover_style" theme option to "standard" after loading both config.txt and theme.txt. Then click the install all files button and install all files to the directory where config.txt was (it should already be selected when you click the first install button).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v48b (beta)

cfg48b.dol
cfg48b-fat.dol
(or online update)

Changes:
* NSMB NTSC patch
* Make updating meta.xml optional by pressing button 1 in the
online update screen to skip it.
* Specifying titles url allows the use of {CC} tag for the country code.
changed default: titles_url = http://wiitdb.com/titles.txt?LANG={CC}
* Presing button A on global options screen works too (same as right)

Please let me know if NSMB NTSC works

edit:
in the previous announcement of 48a i forgot to mention:

* option: profile = name will specify the default profile to use
saving global settings will also save which profile is used

nanashino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
nanashino said:
Can you try versions 46 and 47 and tell me if there is a difference? There were some install related changes in 47.
Also, btw are you using FAT or WBFS? But i think that's not a problem.
I will try 46 and see what happens and then try 48b i am using wbfs you think fat would make a difference perhaps? Thanks for the help, we'll see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That is interesting.