oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
User423 said:
Thank you!
Does Hermes cIOS222 fix spindown on this filesystem too? (I think yes, but better asking before running into problems)
Yes. It takes uloader 3.1 ehcmodule and adds fat support, nothing was removed.

pedrohell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hi, can someone help me, please?

After Install Hermes Cios 222, when I start Cfg usb-loader it runs, start checking my usb-hdd and it says "No Games Found" !!!!
How is this possible if I have 2 games there? The loader says the exact size of the partition and even the exact Size of how much used space but no games.
Thanks

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pedrohell said:
After Install Hermes Cios 222, when I start Cfg usb-loader it runs, start checking my usb-hdd and it says "No Games Found" !!!!
How is this possible if I have 2 games there? The loader says the exact size of the partition and even the exact Size of how much used space but no games.
Thanks
More details...
Is that a WBFS or FAT partition?
Did you upgrade cfg loader too?
Did the previous version work?
Can you make a picture of the partition selection screen?

pedrohell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
oggzee said:
pedrohell said:
Thanks
More details...
Is that a WBFS or FAT partition?
Did you upgrade cfg loader too?
Did the previous version work?
Can you make a picture of the partition selection screen?

I have installed today the Cfg usb-loader v46, first it said that I didn't had the ios222, i instaled it, after Install Hermes Cios 222, when I start Cfg usb-loader it runs, start checking my usb-hdd and it says "No Games Found"
Its a FAT primary partition with 2 games that I converted with wbfs_file.exe from ISO to WBFS.

Partition Selection:

USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE
P#1 94.34Gb FAT1 USB:(USED)
P#2 501.83Gb Extend
P#3 0 Unused
P#4 0 Unused
L#5 501.83Gb NTFS

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
The FAT support has raised a lot of repeated questions, so here's a FAQ about that:

Q: Can it play .iso files directly?
A: No. Only .wbfs files can be used. To convert from .iso to .wbfs use the wbfs_file utility.

Q: Isn't FAT limited to 4GB file size?
A: Yes, that's why the files are splitted to 2GB chunks.
The files are named gameid.wbfs, gameid.wbf1, gameid.wbf2,...
Similar to how the a .rar archive can be split to multiple files (.rar, .r01, .r02,...)

Q: If FAT size is limited to 4GB, why is the .wbfs file splitted to 2GB chunks instead of 4GB?
A: Because of the limitations in the FAT Library that is used (libfat).

Q: What about the file size, games on WBFS partition are scrubbed / compressed, will it take more space on a FAT partition?
A: No, it will take the same space because the files are not in .iso format but instead .wbfs format, which uses the same scrubbing / compression method as on a WBFS partition, actually the file format is the same as the format of the WBFS partition. And to be even more accurate, the .wbfs files will take even less space, because the wbfs block size will be smaller too. (The size depends also on the selection which partitions are copied - all or only game)

Q: I have copied the .wbfs files to my usb drive but the loader doesn't see them?
A: The files have to be copied to the \wbfs folder on the FAT partition, like this: D:\wbfs\GAMEID.wbfs

Q: Can I extract all the games from a WBFS partition to .wbfs files?
A: Yes, use this command:
wbfs_file.exe W: extract_wbfs_all D:\wbfs
Where W: is your WBFS partition and D:\wbfs is the FAT partition on USB (or on local hard-disk)

Q: How to convert all the .iso files to .wbfs files in one step?
A: Open up CMD where your iso files are and run:
for %i in (*.iso) do wbfs_file.exe %i

Q: How long does it take to convert one game to .wbfs?
Depends on hard drive speed and (scrubbed) game size. It should take the same time as copying a file. That means a couple of seconds for a game like WiiPlay which uses only about 100MB and a couple of minutes for games that take up 4GB...

Q: Is there any advantage using FAT rather then the old way?
A: no.

Copied to first post as well:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...mp;st=0#fat-faq

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Anything else?
Might want to add a bit about batch conversion of games...that seems like a really common question in the thread as well (or may be I've just seen it in multiple threads "can you convert all the games at once?"
tongue.gif
).

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a few questions, how long does it take to convert one game to .wbfs? And is there any advantages using FAT rather then the old way?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pedrohell said:
I have installed today the Cfg usb-loader v46, first it said that I didn't had the ios222, i instaled it, after Install Hermes Cios 222, when I start Cfg usb-loader it runs, start checking my usb-hdd and it says "No Games Found"
Its a FAT primary partition with 2 games that I converted with wbfs_file.exe from ISO to WBFS.
Partition Selection:

USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE
P#1 94.34Gb FAT1 USB:(USED)
P#2 501.83Gb Extend
P#3 0 Unused
P#4 0 Unused
L#5 501.83Gb NTFS
Can you double-check that the files are in the \wbfs\ directory? (as jameswm already suggested)
The files have to be named exactly like this: GAMEID.wbfs, for example: RHAP01.wbfs
You haven't renamed them right?
Can you try installing a game from inside the loader and see if that works? (Wii Play is especially good for this kind of testing as it installs in just 1 minuted because it is so small)

pedrohell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
OK guys, a big THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY THAT HELPED ME.
You can call me BIG DUMB ASS, STUPID, I DESERVE IT, I had the games in the root of the partition and not Inside the wbfs folder, Im less than a newbie.
THANK YOU.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
9th_Sage said:
Might want to add a bit about batch conversion of games...that seems like a really common question in the thread as well (or may be I've just seen it in multiple threads "can you convert all the games at once?"
tongue.gif
).

Q: Can I extract all the games from a WBFS partition to .wbfs files?
A: Yes, use this command:
wbfs_file.exe W: extract_wbfs_all D:\wbfs
Where W: is your WBFS partition and D:\wbfs is the FAT partition on USB (or on local hard-disk)

Q: How to convert all the .iso files to .wbfs files in one step?
A: Open up CMD where your iso files are and run:
for %i in (*.iso) do wbfs_file.exe %i

QUOTE(justmike @ Nov 3 2009, 06:00 PM) I have a few questions, how long does it take to convert one game to .wbfs? And is there any advantages using FAT rather then the old way?
Q: How long does it take to convert one game to .wbfs?
Depends on hard drive speed and (scrubbed) game size. It should take the same time as copying a file. That means a couple of seconds for a game like WiiPlay which uses only about 100MB and a couple of minutes for games that take up 4GB...

Q: Is there any advantage using FAT rather then the old way?
A: no.

(I have also updated the post above)

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a problem with finding out my partition number.

I get only [#1] [250GB] [WBFS] whats the Partition Name?

/edit WTF? Why going to CFG Loader and finding out name when Drive Letter does work too?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
User423 said:

/edit WTF? Why going to CFG Loader and finding out name when Drive Letter does work too?
You don't have to. That is only if the wbfs partition doesn't have an drive letter assigned (for various reasons) That tutorial tells you that too:
First, we need to find a way to address your WBFS partition. ... If at any point you get a method to refer to your drive, go to the Methodology....
1. Plug the drive into your PC. If the WBFS partition is assigned a drive letter, then that is the way to refer to the drive (e.g., X:).
[/p]

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
oggzee said:
User423 said:

You don't have to. That is only if the wbfs partition doesn't have an drive letter assigned (for various reasons) That tutorial tells you that too:
First, we need to find a way to address your WBFS partition. ... If at any point you get a method to refer to your drive, go to the Methodology....
1. Plug the drive into your PC. If the WBFS partition is assigned a drive letter, then that is the way to refer to the drive (e.g., X:).
[/p]
Maybe he should add something like
"If the drive has no letter; use these steps: "
As I find it a bit unclear now

And you seem to like the new tag a lot oggzee
tongue.gif
[/p]

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tj_cool said:
Maybe he should add something like
"If the drive has no letter; use these steps: "
As I find it a bit unclear now

And you seem to like the new tag a lot oggzee
tongue.gif
[/p]

Yes, that would probably be easier to understand, and having a drive letter assigned is also probably the most common scenario.

Oh and Yeah [ P ] rulez, along with links to anchors inside a post. I copied all of those tricks from your >>>backup loading basics

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aha, tj_cool has many tricks up his sleeve!
some that he might not even know about!

great job with the FAT support oggzee!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xzxero said:
aha, tj_cool has many tricks up his sleeve!
some that he might not even know about!

great job with the FAT support oggzee!
You don't know the half of them
tongue.gif

Anyway, we'd better add this to our guide, no?
Someone already suggested it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2