Hacking Configurable USB Loader

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you use FAT for games , when you install a game via the loader, it will recognize that you are using FAT and create a .wbfs file and not go nuts thinking its normal wbfs mode, correct?

JaapDraad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I posted this in a new topic but since I didn't get a reply I'll give it a try here. (probably this is where it belongs anyway)

JaapDraad said:
I'm trying to make USB-loader config to boot directly from powering on my Wii

I have bootmii as boot2, phpgeek's preloader 3.0 rev 4, USBloader config v46.
I am using Narolez' forwarder dol for preloader from USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder. I also installed the forwarder channel from that package
I am on system menu 4.1E with cios rev 14 and hermes installed.

When I press (1) in the preloader load/install file screen, USB-loader loads nicely.
However if I press A to installed it and then go back to the preloader main menu and load the installed file I get a blackscreen with Exception (DSI) occured etc.
When I set preloader to autoboot to the installed file, I don't get the eror message, but a black screen instead.

Any idea's?

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
JaapDraad said:
I posted this in a new topic but since I didn't get a reply I'll give it a try here. (probably this is where it belongs anyway)

JaapDraad said:
I'm trying to make USB-loader config to boot directly from powering on my Wii

I have bootmii as boot2, phpgeek's preloader 3.0 rev 4, USBloader config v46.
I am using Narolez' forwarder dol for preloader from USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder. I also installed the forwarder channel from that package
I am on system menu 4.1E with cios rev 14 and hermes installed.

When I press (1) in the preloader load/install file screen, USB-loader loads nicely.
However if I press A to installed it and then go back to the preloader main menu and load the installed file I get a blackscreen with Exception (DSI) occured etc.
When I set preloader to autoboot to the installed file, I don't get the eror message, but a black screen instead.

Any idea's?
Seems more like a preloader problem. Try to install the forwarder using preloader 0.29 and then reinstall 0.30 rev4.
wink.gif

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
at OGGZEE

i have used your tool to convert my nfs nitro iso to fat32 wbfs and all went fine.

but then i thought lets convert the iso to wbfs and then convert it to fat32 wbfs and what happened.

iso to fat32 wbfs = 2.119.681 kb (2 files)

wbfs to fat32 wbfs = 1.947.648 kb (1 file)

both works but you gain space if you convert it first to wbfs and then to fat32 wbfs.

gameshark

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
BUG WARNING

oggzees tool 'wbfs_file' has the wbfs_trim() bug. The resulting ID6.wbfs files are 1 sector to short.

Here is a memory dump of Zelda converted with wbfs_file:

Code:
DUMP of iso/RZDP01.wbfs
ÂÂ...

ÂÂWBFS Memory Map:

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂunused :ÂÂoff(beg) ..ÂÂoff(end) :ÂÂÂÂ size : info
ÂÂ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ :ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 0 ..ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ c :ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂc : WBFS header
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ :ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ c ..ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂe3 :ÂÂÂÂÂÂ d7 : Disc table
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 11d :ÂÂÂÂÂÂ 200 ..ÂÂÂÂ1fec00 :ÂÂ 1fea00 : Disc info
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1200 :ÂÂÂÂ1ffe00 ..ÂÂÂÂ1ffe45 :ÂÂÂÂÂÂ 45 : Free blocks table
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 3bb :ÂÂÂÂ200200 ..ÂÂÂÂ400200 :ÂÂ 200000 : disc #000 [RZDP01] disc-off=ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ :ÂÂÂÂ400200 ..ÂÂÂÂa00200 :ÂÂ 600000 : disc #000 [RZDP01] disc-off=ÂÂf800000
ÂÂ .!ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ:ÂÂÂÂa00200 ..ÂÂ45000200 : 44600000 : disc #000 [RZDP01] disc-off= d2e00000
ÂÂ !.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ:ÂÂ45000000 ..ÂÂ45000000 :ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0 : -- end of WBFS device/file --
The last 2 lines show the bug!
The game goes until off 0x45000200 but the files end at 0x45000000. And this means: 512 at the end of Zelda are missing.
(hoping that this sector is only a padding sector)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
gameshark said:
at OGGZEE

i have used your tool to convert my nfs nitro iso to fat32 wbfs and all went fine.

but then i thought lets convert the iso to wbfs and then convert it to fat32 wbfs and what happened.

iso to fat32 wbfs = 2.119.681 kb (2 files)

wbfs to fat32 wbfs = 1.947.648 kb (1 file)

both works but you gain space if you convert it first to wbfs and then to fat32 wbfs.

gameshark
Your WBFS Manager is probably nuking the update partition. Try the experiment again, but use the -g option with wbfs_file.

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
what i want to say that oggzee tool even comprimise the wbfs even further.

update partion can not be around 200 mb per game.

gameshark

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Wiimm said:
BUG WARNING
oggzees tool 'wbfs_file' has the wbfs_trim() bug. The resulting ID6.wbfs files are 1 sector to short.
Before anyone starts to panic if their .wbfs files are intact, let me calm you down, yes everything is fine.
The bug is not in wbfs_trim, as me and wiimm found out over irc, the problem was instead in wwt dump command.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
gameshark said:
gameshark
As Clipper said, I also suspect the difference is that the wbfs manager copied only the game partition.
Please try converting the .iso to .wbfs file using the -g option, and compare the resulting size.
Like this:
wbfs_file -g NFS.iso
(before running that, move the existing .wbfs files somewhere else, or it will complain that the files already exist and will do nothing)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
gameshark said:

gameshark
According to Wiimm's post here, the update partition on SSBB is 174MB.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
any plans to make the fat program to allow to for batch iso to wbfs so i dont have to do 1 by 1?
You can write that batch
wink.gif
it's simple really, open up CMD, cd to the dir where the .iso files are and run:

for %i in (*.iso) do wbfs_file.exe %i

you'll have to take care that wbfs_file is in path, or write the full path to the tool, for example if you put it in c:\wii\wbfs_file.exe and then you would have to run:

for %i in (*.iso) do c:\wii\wbfs_file.exe %i

QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Nov 3 2009, 02:40 AM) I'd imagine it already can. Have you tried dragging more than one ISO into it?
That will not work, you can only drag 1 file at a time. For multiple operation, see above.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
oggzee said:
Wiimm said:
BUG WARNING
Before anyone starts to panic if their .wbfs files are intact, let me calm you down, yes everything is fine.
The bug is not in wbfs_trim, as me and wiimm found out over irc, the problem was instead in wwt dump command.
Anywhere: Bugs 1. and 2. are still there but does not appear in newly created wbfs.
Bug 3. is an interpretation error of me: At the beginning of a WBFS all WBFS sectors (multiple of 512, on 500G partitions about 8 MB) has an delta offset of 1 hd sector (typical 512 bytes) but in the data area that offset is 0. That has confused me.

inAcrysis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got it working on my pen drive so I plugged my hdd into pc & deleted partitions.
Only trouble now is that I only have 2 choices of formatting:
ntfs or exFAT
Wii won't recognise them. Well, it did the exFAT but it came up as Fat16 but would not let me press A to choose it.
Nothing happened.
What am I best using to format to FAT32?
Any ideas?
bow.gif

inAcrysis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
inAcrysis said:
What am I best using to format to FAT32?
Any ideas?
bow.gif
The same tool is mentioned many times in the last few pages of the thread. Try it.
Thanks but I already spotted that & don't want to start in cmd stuff.
Just after posting I remembered I had EASEUS Partition Master 3.0.2 Professional Edition so I've just installed that & got it sorted.
biggrin.gif

Thanks anyway.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inAcrysis said:
Thanks but I already spotted that & don't want to start in cmd stuff.
Just after posting I remembered I had EASEUS Partition Master 3.0.2 Professional Edition so I've just installed that & got it sorted.
biggrin.gif

Thanks anyway.

No, that link is a gui version of their cmd formatter tool.
smile.gif

Glad you hear you got it working.

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[removed] ALL Answers found in Dr. Clippers FAQ

Is the WBFS File Tool stable or are there any bugs with corrupting games or something like that? I want to convert all my Games, but when Oggzee would release a new version of the Tool with a minor change /bugfixes, would I need to reformat my ISOs to have a "higher Gaming Experience"?

greets, user423

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
User423 said:
[removed] Answer found in Dr. Clippers FAQ.

Is the WBFS File Tool stable or are there any bugs with corrupting games or something like that? I want to convert all my Games, but when Oggzee would release a new version of the Tool with a minor change /bugfixes, would I need to reformat my ISOs to have a "higher Gaming Experience"?

And what would you say? Reripp my Games to FAT (Disc) or extract them and convert? (~20 Retail Games)
greets, user423
There are no known bugs with the wbfs_file tool, the problem mentioned earlier was a false alarm.
By re-rip i guess you mean on the wii?
That is probably going to take longer than extracting and converting them, so i would go with that, besides you can extract them all with one command, with no need for manual intervention of dvd swapping...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: All our girls are tested and cleaned. Crap we mixed up results