Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
misterzeb said:
I have just one minor problem: whatever GUI type I chose, it always starts with the default type and with two rows instead of just one.
I respected the syntax, and even used the Windows config tool, no luck so far.

What do you think could be the problem?
You need to also change the settings.cfg configuration. When you save global settings, your current theme, gui_style, gui_rows, partition and device are saved to settings.cfg, and these values override the ones in config.txt. You can correct this using the Configurator with the settings.cfg support added to the recent versions. Read your settings.cfg file, deselect the gui_rows and gui_style check boxes and save it again. This will remove the overriding values so that config.txt again controls those options.

misterzeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks a bunch, I'm gonna try this immediately!
biggrin.gif
And thanks also for this neat little piece of programming you share with us
biggrin.gif

[Stupid question removed ^^]

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry to bother you, but I have a very simple question.

is there a way in MacOSX to give a command like:

./wbfs_file extract_wbfs_all

I tried something like the following but it doesn't work (I receive the error "invalid file type 16893" or "invalid file type 16877"):

./wbfs_file "/Volumes/source/" extract_wbfs_all "/Volumes/destination/"

Thanks for the help

tolomeo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have changed the compatibility in the last revision (v46)?
because since I have downloaded it the loader tells me: "wbfs1 not found, select a different partition or format one"
I have hermes' cios, waninkoko's cios (v10) and a hd with two partitions, the firsts is ntfs and the second is wbfs (i don't know why now it's recongnized such a ntfs partition if the previous revisions could "read" it)

thanks for the help and for this wonderful loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cambric said:
Sorry to bother you, but I have a very simple question.
is there a way in MacOSX to give a command like:
./wbfs_file extract_wbfs_all
I tried something like the following but it doesn't work (I receive the error "invalid file type 16893" or "invalid file type 16877"):
./wbfs_file "/Volumes/source/" extract_wbfs_all "/Volumes/destination/"
Thanks for the help
The first parameter has to be a disk or file. I'm not familiar with the Mac OSX disk naming, but I think it should be something like: /dev/disk2s1

QUOTE(tolomeo @ Nov 2 2009, 09:38 AM) Have changed the compatibility in the last revision (v46)?
because since I have downloaded it the loader tells me: "wbfs1 not found, select a different partition or format one"
I have hermes' cios, waninkoko's cios (v10) and a hd with two partitions, the firsts is ntfs and the second is wbfs (i don't know why now it's recongnized such a ntfs partition if the previous revisions could "read" it)
thanks for the help and for this wonderful loader
Can you take a picture of the partition selection screen and post it here?

newwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oggzee said:
newwolf said:
That's a thing! but you are saying it's the check of size consistency.
is there a possibility to go around this with wbfs_file.exe so i can backup my games.
PLEASE !!!!
rolleyes.gif
Yes, use the -f flag. (It's not documented)
wink.gif

Example:

wbfs_file -f W: extract_wbfs_all D:\wbfs
Thank you very very very much! You saved my ass it worked perfect.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tolomeo:
Hmm, I don't know, I have tried a setup similar as you described and it seems to work fine for me:
23tlhe8.png

I'll have to investigate this further,... maybe I'll send you a test version later today or tomorrow...
Does v45 work fine, does it see the wbfs partition properly?
Is the partition recognized properly by pc wbfs managers?
What about running :
wbfs_file W: ls
does that work ok?

edit:

Wait, this looks strange, you are saying that the second partition is really wbfs, but it used to work before?
Exactly with which old version does it work with?
Because versions prior to 45 did not support logical wbfs partitions, yet your second ntfs partition is logical (L#5)
Unless by second partition you mean P#2 which is the EXTENDED partition container for logical partitions?

Ok, I can see that if an extended partition was previously formatted as wbfs it would not work now any more, but that is a really bad configuration to have, how were you able to format an extended partition to wbfs? cfg loader will not let you, even the original waninkoko does not allow you to do that, on windows, you can't assign a drive letter to an extended partition, so what did you use, if that was the case?

Anyway if that really is the case then I highly recommend to change the P#2 partition type to anything but extended. Unfortunately there are not many tools that allow you to do that easily. linux fdisk can do it, and i think gnu parted might be able to do that as well...

edit2: actually i think old versions including waninkoko will let you format an extended partition, which is bad, but i will probably have to fix it so that it can be selected anyway, since i guess you're not the only one with such a setup.

tolomeo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
v45 doesn't see partitios (the same screen, if you want i can take a picture), but it recognizes them. (and I can play)
Pc wbfs managers can't see my hd partition but can see a old usb in wbfs i used before i got the hd (wbfs manager3.0 and others)
I don't care very much the new revision(fat32 can wait), i can stay at v45 but it's a curious bug

EDIT: the strange it's that i have only 2 partition (aprox. 365gb and 97 gb)), the principal (films and personal docs), and the second in wbfs. windows only see those partition (the second without format). I did the partition with easeus partition master and format it with the first usb loader (waninkoko), in fact i don't know what is a extended partition and the easesus see it like a logical partition (without format again).
All old versions work perfectly (v40 i think) and how can i change the partition type?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tolomeo said:
v45 doesn't see partitios (the same screen, if you want i can take a picture), but it recognizes them. (and I can play)
Pc wbfs managers can't see my hd partition but can see a old usb in wbfs i used before i got the hd (wbfs manager3.0 and others)
I don't care very much the new revision(fat32 can wait), i can stay at v45 but it's a curious bug
Yes please take a picture of the partition screen in v45.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tolomeo said:
... and how can i change the partition type?
Heh seems no tool will let you do that.
I have tried gparted and it doesn't have that functionality.
linux fdisk can change types, but not to/from extended type, it will complain with:

QUOTEDevice Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sdd1 1 8 64228+ 7 HPFS/NTFS
/dev/sdd2 9 12 32130 5 Extended
/dev/sdd5 9 12 32098+ 7 HPFS/NTFS

Command (m for help): t
Partition number (1-5): 2
Hex code (type L to list codes): 7
You cannot change a partition into an extended one or vice versa
Delete it first.

I will either allow this weird setup in the next version, or maybe add a way to fix it.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
royvedas said:
How about NTFS support? Wouldn't that be super convenient?
NTFS isn't (as far as I got it) supported by any cIOS (Wanins one only supports WBFS, Hermes one WBFS and FAT). Also the NTFS Lib is still buggy. So no, until a new cIOS with NTFS-Support comes out, I guess this won't be made.

(And I honestly don't see any point why NTFS should be better than FAT...FAT works on all Operating Systems without installing something, and is more stable than NTFS. You won't gain anything if NTFS is used.)

@oggzee: Thanks for releasing the source for the FAT32-Loading
biggrin.gif
!

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask for this if it has already been asked - I just tried this for the first time today and don't wish to sift through 320 pages of comments!

Feature request: Play count feature that can parlay into allowing the user to sort games by how often they play each one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Broken condoms lead to broken hearts, won't someone think of the children!!! Lol