Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks Oggzee for the revolution included in v46

Please do not forget about MacOSX version of wbfs_file terminal application

Cambo

PS: is there a way to configure the altdols position? like altdol_path = [sd:/usb-loader/] ?

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
question.. what if i use the FAT format , how will i transfer my games from a WBFS harddisk to a new FAT hard disk?

do i need to use a HD utility when transferring files.. or i will just copy the .iso file to the hd? how about for scrubbed games? ex: a 4.6 gb wii music iso will just be 100mb when a wbfs tool is used.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
cambric said:
Thanks Oggzee for the revolution included in v46

Please do not forget about MacOSX version of wbfs_file terminal application

Cambo

PS: is there a way to configure the altdols position? like altdol_path = [sd:/usb-loader/] ?
The OSX version of wbfs_file 1.3 is included in the zip oggzee posted. Here's the link again.

There is absolutely no need to configure alt .dols position as the SD dol option is currently obsolete. The disc version is easier and better. Here's the instructions for more info. And before you ask, no, this does not need you to do anything with discs (the disc in question is the one represented by the .wbfs file).

QUOTE(stingray1059 @ Nov 1 2009, 05:03 PM) question.. what if i use the FAT format , how will i transfer my games from a WBFS harddisk to a new FAT hard disk?

do i need to use a HD utility when transferring files.. or i will just copy the .iso file to the hd? how about for scrubbed games? ex: a 4.6 gb wii music iso will just be 100mb when a wbfs tool is used.
I have a tutorial to do just this, and the files take up exactly as much space on the FAT partition as they would on WBFS (and in fact slightly less) as they have the same file format that is on the WBFS partition (i.e., not .iso).

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
The OSX version of wbfs_file 1.3 is included in the zip oggzee posted. Here's the link again.

There is absolutely no need to configure alt .dols position as the SD dol option is currently obsolete. The disc version is easier and better. Here's the instructions for more info. And before you ask, no, this does not need you to do anything with discs (the disc in question is the one represented by the .wbfs file).

Thanks a lot for your quick answer and compliments for your wonderful configurator and the GAF's pages

Cambo

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
cfg v46 (release)
Special 222-fat version
(also available in online update)

Changes since 46b:

* Support for direct launching of games from fat
(Useful for game channel launching, using loadstructor or similar tool)
To specify direct loading from fat, the parameter has to be in form: #GAMEID-X
Where X is 0-3 for wbfs and 4-9 for fat partitions (4 means first fat partition)
* Automatically switch to ios222 in case ios249 is used for starting games from fat
* Only allow IOS 222 and 223 in game options if fat partition is selected
* Improved drawing speed in some coverflow gui modes
* Cleanups
Totally awesome. Thanks a lot!

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok ... i converted all Games into .wbfs file format --- easy with the extract_wbfs_all command.

So - now i have a question ... how can i ADD all WBFS Files in a directory back on to a WBFS drive

*.wbfs is not doing the trick ...

hmmm ....

Someone out there willing to help ? 8)

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FoGBaV said:
Ok ... i converted all Games into .wbfs file format --- easy with the extract_wbfs_all command.

So - now i have a question ... how can i ADD all WBFS Files in a directory back on to a WBFS drive

*.wbfs is not doing the trick ...

hmmm ....

Someone out there willing to help ? 8)

.wbfs files need to go on a FAT partition (Either FAT16 or FAT 32).

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes ... i know that ... but what can i do when i have all files on FAT32 and i want to transfer ALL Games back to an WBFS-Formated drive ... ?

What i want to say ...

WBFS to filebased *.wbfs (ALL-Games).... can be done with the command line

*.wbfs (ALL-Games) -> WBFS - switch is missing ... so you have to add every single game manually...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
FoGBaV said:
Yes ... i know that ... but what can i do when i have all files on FAT32 and i want to transfer ALL Games back to an WBFS-Formated drive ... ?

What i want to say ...

*.wbfs (ALL-Games) -> WBFS - switch is missing ... so you have to add every single game manually...

You can run something like:

for %i in (*.wbfs) do wbfs_file.exe W: add_wbfs %i

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
FoGBaV said:

What i want to say ...

You can run something like:

for %i in (*.wbfs) do wbfs_file.exe W: add_wbfs %i

Thank you very much !

misterzeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi
smile.gif

After USB Loader GX started to give me some black screens this afternoon, I tried Configurable USB Loader, and it works perfectly!

I have just one minor problem: whatever GUI type I chose, it always starts with the default type and with two rows instead of just one.
I respected the syntax, and even used the Windows config tool, no luck so far.

What do you think could be the problem?

Thanks for your help!

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misterzeb said:
I have just one minor problem: whatever GUI type I chose, it always starts with the default type and with two rows instead of just one.

Thanks for your help!

Open up your config.txt file and check what is listed. The gui_style property dictates what gui theme is loaded upon startup. The gui_rows property is for the number of rows to display in the grid modes (they currently do nothing for coverflow modes)

e.g.
grid flow with 3 rows would be:
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 3

coverflow 3D would be:
gui_style = coverflow3d

Also make sure your config.txt file is in your SD:/usb-loader directory OR your SD:/apps/usbloader directory.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misterzeb said:
Hi
smile.gif

After USB Loader GX started to give me some black screens this afternoon, I tried Configurable USB Loader, and it works perfectly!

Thanks for your help!

After you choose the GUI you need to save it in the Global settings.

Hit 1 twice to get in there and then hit 2 to save.

I think those directions are correct, my son is playing right now and I'm trying to do it from memory.

misterzeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@usptactical: Thank you for your quick answer
smile.gif

My config.txt is indeed at the root of my SD card, in the usb-loader directory. This is its content:

theme = NXE_transparent
home = exit
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = coverflow3d
confirm_start = 0
device = usb

@Sacohen9665: Thanks, but I'm talking about the GUI type and not the GUI name ^^ You can select the 2nd one from the USB loader itself, not the 1st one
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~