Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tHciNc said:
Does this loader allow be to install games from disc and if so how???
Yes. Just push the plus button from the game list or gui to install a game.

That assumes you haven't gone and set "disable_install=1" or "simple=1" in config.txt. If you have, then you will need to enter the unlock password first (hold 1 for 10 seconds then enter the password, for which the default is "BUDAH12").

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed the new feature of fat32 game partition support ... does that mean we might see NTFS game partition support soon???
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
r3dcat said:
I noticed the new feature of fat32 game partition support ... does that mean we might see NTFS game partition support soon???
smile.gif
Not likely, at least not from me. While it is certainly possible, I don't have much time and don't plan on working on that.

Actually in the following days i don't plan any new major features, only minor bugfixes.
Known problems to me at the moment:
- wbfs on a raw device without a partition table is not recognized by v46 (reported by nomowo)
- wbfs on a partition with type extended is not recognized by v46 (reported by tolomeo post#4787)
(This is really an invalid setup to have, but old versions allowed you to format an extended partition. The correct thing to do would be to format the logical partition inside the extended partition)
- wbfs_file option -1 for 1:1 copy mode is broken (reported by Skizzo)
(but at the moment there are no real uses for this mode, so it's a low priority for me)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tj_cool said:
The NTFS library isn't good enough yet
So that might take a while
Yes that is one of the reasons too.

Even libfat turned out to be more problematic than i expected, so i had to make some fixes to it. The fixes are now included in the released version of libfat 1.0.6 which I strongly recommend all other loaders developers to use to avoid further file and filesystem corruptions. I suspect I might have also fixed with it the reason for so many corrupted cover images that were crashing all the loaders. The problem would show for writes that are fat cluster size aligned.

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@oggzee

Do you think that the WBFS_File will get a Minor Change, that "remake" the wbfs iso files is recommended? (Changing Splitsize / Sectorsize / Big Bugfix?)
(Converting my entire Wii-Collection takes hours...)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
User423 said:
@oggzee
Do you think that the WBFS_File will get a Minor Change, that "remake" the wbfs iso files is recommended? (Changing Splitsize / Sectorsize / Big Bugfix?)
(Converting my entire Wii-Collection takes hours...)
No, i don't foresee any change regarding the .wbfs file format or creation.
Only changes i might do is fix the -1 1:1 copy option, but that will have no impact on the normal (scrubbed) .wbfs file creation. And maybe and additional command or parameter that will let you specify the target directory or filename.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Just upgraded from v37 to v46. Great progress, oggzee and team! I noticed a splash screen that wasn't there before. Is there a way to disable it? Thanks!

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knocks said:
Just upgraded from v37 to v46. Great progress, oggzee and team! I noticed a splash screen that wasn't there before. Is there a way to disable it? Thanks!

No there is not a way to disable it.

onad0301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys... just looking for some help....been reading and reading.... i'm currently using version 44..on 4.1u...have a 320 gig wd usb hdd...20g fat32 and 300 wbfs...i have dl the latest version 46 ...can i just replace the files on my sd card with the new ones( first time i ever upgraded to a new version)..... do i have to change my games to fat32 or can i just leave them on the wbfs partition.... thanx

onad

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
onad0301 said:
Hey guys... just looking for some help....been reading and reading.... i'm currently using version 44..on 4.1u...have a 320 gig wd usb hdd...20g fat32 and 300 wbfs...i have dl the latest version 46 ...can i just replace the files on my sd card with the new ones( first time i ever upgraded to a new version)..... do i have to change my games to fat32 or can i just leave them on the wbfs partition.... thanx

onad
You can leave your files on WBFS if you like. FAT32 loading is just an option, not a requirement.

For upgrading, you can either do it online or manually. Both methods are described on my tutorial page in the updating section.

Scolor

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great loader!! I think it's the best, even if USb Loader GX as some unique feautures such as DOL loading... =D

Btw, it's great!

StompSC

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Firtst of all, thanks for this great piece of Software!!!

And now a Feature Request:

Also you told to do only smal changes/fixes to the software, I've got a littlle wish
shy.gif

It would be fine to have more than one Favorite Selection (perhaps one for every family member).
- every group with a different overlay icon (favorite1-5.png)
- in the Game Options it should be possible to ad a game to none, one or more fav groups
- with the "2" Button it is possible to toggle through the groups 1-x and all
- perhaps it is possible to set the group count, maybe 1-10 in the ini file and give every group a name, visible in the gui

Maybe not a little wish, but a semi little...
With great hdds and many games it would be fine to set the favorites for every family menmber seperately.

StompSC

If this is already discussed in this thread, I must concede that I didn't read the whole 325 pages, only the first one and the last 15.... Sorry for that.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
StompSC said:
If this is already discussed in this thread, I must concede that I didn't read the whole 325 pages, only the first one and the last 15.... Sorry for that.
You must have missed the FAQ in the first post:

Some known issues and suggestions that are frequently asked about:

* Return directly to the loader when exiting a game: use preloader!
* Black bar at the bottom of screen in console mode with 576i video mode
* Banner animations or icons
* GUI settings
* GUI game start screen
* New Gecko OS 1.9.x (aka Ocarina 2)
* GC and other controllers
* GC / DVD / HBC launcher
* DONE: Multiple wbfs partitions support
* Automatic download/update of titles, themes,...
* Spinning discs
* NAND emulation
* Screensaver
* HQ cover zooming
* Coverflow Grid mode
* Genres / Profiles / Multiple favorite groups
* Disable intro screen
* WiitDB integration (game info: description, which controllers, number of players, etc...)
* NO: Installing games over network
[/p]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn