Hardware Components used on the Switch (mostly the motherboard and main console)

Pintglass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like the right part.

So it's a dual channel MOSFET.

I'm not near a scrap board at the moment.

But I'd hazard a guess both channels are connected in parallel. Therefore continuity should be the same across source 1,2 gate1,2 and drain 1,2. If one channel has gone down I'd say it would fail open circuit.

I'll take a look when I'm home

Ok thanks for that
if you could test for me when you get chance that would be great

Modificatorul

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@mattyrog
Resistor values around bq24193 are wrong.

Attention the values in the picture are measured in circuit,
can only be used for comparison of the values on board, so must by removed and tested again.

For example if you replace the 5.6kohm resistor with 10k ,bq 24193 will not charge the battery because the temp set for charghing will bee out of range.

So the 3.8 k and 5.6 k values are critical and its used to set the charghing related to temperature of the battery. (bq 24193 tipical aplication recommend 2.2 k and 6.86k for ts1 and ts2 pins)

edit add picture pp5 mosfet board revision FY hac-cpu-10 for @Pintglass

Attachments

• onboard test resistors bq24913.jpg
    onboard test resistors bq24913.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,398
  • test pp5  orientation rev  fy hac -cpu-10.jpg
    test pp5 orientation rev fy hac -cpu-10.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 466
Last edited by Modificatorul,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Matty
will these do the same job as the panasonic there murata DLM0NSN500HY2 i only need one but such a pain to get hold of
Yep. As long as there are 2 isolated channels in them. Some have both tabs connected in parallel at each end.

Modificatorul

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi Matty
will these do the same job as the panasonic there murata DLM0NSN500HY2 i only need one but such a pain to get hold of

The size it's wrong it's smaller i dont think you will manage to soder it , maybe if you put more solder , you need 504 size, 2 lines 50ohm etc.

rokko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The size it's wrong it's smaller i dont think you will manage to soder it , maybe if you put more solder , you need 504 size, 2 lines 50ohm etc.
Hi
Thanks for the reply i have a broken dock unit and can see the same chokes on the board would it be ok to harvest these and use them ?

SolidSnakeUk89

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok thanks for that
if you could test for me when you get chance that would be great
if you tell me where to put the probes.. Im happy to test this for you, I have 2 boards with me now :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi all does anyone no where I can get one of theses please ,it what the sd card board plugs into
Thanks all
Simie
View attachment 174915
They look like Panasonic 16pin FPC connectors.. commonly used for Backlight in Mobile phones LOL but I am not sure. iFixit calls them "lego type" connector

bandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi

I accidentally broke this connector or fuse while i was changing the thermal paste.
I'm wondering if I could bridge it and call it a day because I don't have access to parts sadly.
If not, could you guide me to which part to buy and from where because I live in Saudi Arabia and I'm pretty sure I can't find it here and have to buy it from a website.
nhqECQrl.jpg

Pintglass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I accidentally broke this connector or fuse while i was changing the thermal paste.
I'm wondering if I could bridge it and call it a day because I don't have access to parts sadly.
If not, could you guide me to which part to buy and from where because I live in Saudi Arabia and I'm pretty sure I can't find it here and have to buy it from a website.

As far as i can tell those lines go to the wifi chip, looking at a datasheet for the wifi chip they could be pcie lines it specifies 1uf for those caps
I'd wait for @ mattytrog or @npavlovici to confirm

Sorry i put the wrong value as @npavlovici said 0.1uf is correct

Last edited by Pintglass,
Reactions: Modificatorul

SolidSnakeUk89

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, not sure if this will help but I have taken voltage and diode readings of the connector for the game card reader and touchscreen... very interesting for me if you know more info about where these pings go please let us know !!!

https://imgur.com/MoRMPCZ

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

MoRMPCZ

Reactions: WadsRUs

Ace_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can find tact swith for a right joycon shoulder button (the one that's soldered directly to the pcb) I've looked on ebay but couldn't see any that looked the right size or that are 3 pin.

Reactions: Rda94

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.