ROM Hack [Complete] Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please help me write a guide that explain some basics like what a ROM is, how you play a ROM, etc. or give me a link if such a guide already exists? I know I need to write one before releasing a public patch but I got so many things to work on right now. T_T (Most players of this game are girls. And many of them have no clue how they're gonna play the game.)

Edit: Got the guide already.
biggrin.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
Could someone please help me write a guide that explain some basics like what a ROM is, how you play a ROM, etc. or give me a link if such a guide already exists? I know I need to write one before releasing a public patch but I got so many things to work on right now. T_T (Most players of this game are girls. And many of them have no clue how they're gonna play the game.)

Do you need a tutorial on how to patch the rom?
Cause it won't help them much without a flash cart or emulator.
A rom is simply a dump of an original game.

You can play one on an emulator or flash cart, but can't play a patched one without patching it first.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
jjjewel said:

Do you need a tutorial on how to patch the rom?
Cause it won't help them much without a flash cart or emulator.
A rom is simply a dump of an original game.

You can play one on an emulator or flash cart, but can't play a patched one without patching it first.

Nah, just some very basic info about ROM and flash cart, etc. (Many people were asking things like, where to buy the translated game
blink.gif
, what do they need to play it, etc.)

Anyway, some one PM me the tutorial already.
wub.gif
I'll probably put it on a mini-FAQs page on the project's website later tomorrow.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
Nah, just some very basic info about ROM and flash cart, etc. (Many people were asking things like, where to buy the translated game
blink.gif
, what do they need to play it, etc.)

Anyway, some one PM me the tutorial already.
wub.gif
I'll probably put it on a mini-FAQs page on the project's website later tomorrow.

Haha, that's funny.

Alright, I think you're doing a great job on the translation, have a nice night
smile.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patch released. Please check the first post.
biggrin.gif

---------------------------------------

Updates about hacking:

Now I got some new problems with the text insertion so some parts of the texts were not included in this patch. Anyway, I will try to figure out how to fix it or may be I'll ask for help here. (Main problem now is script T03_00_000 which is the text at the ending. Each block of text has its fixed position on the game screen so I can't insert English text now because most of the English translations are longer than the original Japanese. This is not the pointer problem but I'll have to figure out the codes to change the text's positions on screen.
frown.gif
)

Updates about help-needed:

- Still need translators and editors to help with the script translations & checking.
- May need helps with graphic editing soon. (There are graphic texts like the special skills when you play pillow fight. I'll have to check that we can change them to English without messing up the game first.)

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added links to Patching Tutorial and Mini-FAQs on the first page. Hope it helps.
happy.gif
"

And of course, I still need translators to help with the rest of the scripts.
biggrin.gif

P.S. If you want to report errors and don't want to use the Google site forms, you can post the errors/mistakes you find here too. (I'm sure there are a lot.
tongue.gif
)

Lovelessangel908

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problem making the patch work, i used the xDelta_Gui but everytime i store it on my R4neo, and try to play it the screen turns white and nothing happens, i'm not sure if i have done anything wrong. My firmware is updraded to version 1.35. Please help me if possible.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lovelessangel908 said:
I'm having problem making the patch work, i used the xDelta_Gui but everytime i store it on my R4neo, and try to play it the screen turns white and nothing happens, i'm not sure if i have done anything wrong. My firmware is updraded to version 1.35. Please help me if possible.

You may have to try other firmware then. (I'm not very familiar with the new R4's so I can't tell which one will work.) Anyway, if you can, please try download emulator (like No$GBA & MyZoom or DesMuMe. Just search on internet for free download) and see if the ROM works on emulator. It ROM doesn't work on both flash cart and emulator, it might be problems with the ROM you got or the way you patch it.)

Also seems like this patch won't work on R4 Wood . (From the report, it's 100% not working.)
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tw0...amp;output=html
So anyone with R4 Wood may have to use it with out Wood program.

Edit: I just tested it on my R4 with R4 Wood but loaded the game through YSMenu and it worked okay. (It didn't work on R4 Wood alone though.) So people with R4 Wood, if it's not too much of a problem, please try it with YSMenu.

Vix

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for your hard work on this jjjewel (and all others involved) I'm very excited to see how this turns out.

Lovelessangel908 said:

The same issue happened to me. For some reason it didn't patch properly when I used xDelta_Gui at first, I ended up stuck with a white screen when I tried to play it. I tried patching the original ROM a second time and it worked, I had made sure to close any other programs I was running, something I failed to do the first time I attempted to patch it.

sakuranaru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ Thank you so much for the patch. Actually I'm having problems with patching :c. Everytime I used xDelta_Gui to patch, it tells me that it is invalid. ^^; I'm not sure what else to do. :x

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sakuranaru said:
^^ Thank you so much for the patch. Actually I'm having problems with patching :c. Everytime I used xDelta_Gui to patch, it tells me that it is invalid. ^^; I'm not sure what else to do. :x

Did you use the xDelta_GUI that was on the site or from romhacking.net?
I used the one that was on the translation site and it worked.

sakuranaru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used both and neither worked. =/ It just tells me that xdelta3:not a VDIFF input:XD3_INVALID_INPUT. I'm not even sure what that means. =3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: