Compiling Code (issues)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by XDel, Jan 28, 2014.

1. XDel
    OP

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Inspired by this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/compiled-homebrew-apps-to-become-motion-plus-compatible.361318/

I decided to install Devkit Pro under Linux and have a quick stab at compiling some of the old emulators, though please keep in mind, I am not a programmer, and am lucky to be able to compile anything at all under Linux, AROS, or the Wii for that matter.

I first began with the "Hello World" code in the examples, and all went well, ran on the Wii U first try.

I then tried to compile JzintvWii, but ended up with this error (only bottom text from windows shown):

"...oop-arrays -msse -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wc++-compat -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -I. -I.. -Dlinux -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DJZINTV_VERSION_MAJOR=0x01 -DJZINTV_VERSION_MINOR=0x00 -L../lib -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lSDL
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file ../bin/jzintv: No such file or directory
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [../bin/jzintv] Error 1"

I then gave WiiXL a try but got this message when I typed in "make" within the src directory.

"antic.c
    /opt/devkitpro/examples/wii/wiixl/atari800/src/./antic.c: In function 'draw_antic_2_dmactl_bug':
    /opt/devkitpro/examples/wii/wiixl/atari800/src/./antic.c:1466:2: warning: variable 'chptr' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
    atari.c
    /opt/devkitpro/examples/wii/wiixl/atari800/src/./atari.c:59:17: fatal error: sdl.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make[1]: *** [atari.o] Error 1
    make: *** [build] Error 2
    "

As I said, I'm not a coder, and I'm not sure what to do. Thanks in advance for any help. I'd love to see these emulators supporting what ever hardware that they could and of course the ability to run and read off USB.

Pepois likes this.
  2. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Some apps require third party libaries, search the missing resource on google to find it (that's what I do)

3. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    For JzintvWii, in your terminal type make -f Makefile.wii. The -f option means file, it's used to specify a makefile. A simple make will compile the app for linux.
    You also need to create a directory called "bin" next to the "src" one.

For WiiXL, have you installed sdl-wii ?

4. XDel
    OP

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Thank you Wiimpathy. That's what I was wondering, if perhaps DevkitPro needed it's own SDL as opposed to the set that I already have installed in Linux by default.
    I just got home from work, so I'll prolly tear back into this tonight for educational purposes...
    ...according to another thread, the mission I was trying to accomplish has already been taken care of. :)

This will leave me some spare time to dig through Wiiflow's docs and figure out how to make some Intellivision and Atari XL/XE covers. ;)

5. TheChield

TheChield Ugly Troll

Jul 10, 2013
    France
    Did you try to just read the readme file ?
    If you downloaded the sources from wiibrew : http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiXL
    SDL lib is included, just go to the SDL folder, open the "README.WII" file :