XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inspired by this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/compiled-homebrew-apps-to-become-motion-plus-compatible.361318/

I decided to install Devkit Pro under Linux and have a quick stab at compiling some of the old emulators, though please keep in mind, I am not a programmer, and am lucky to be able to compile anything at all under Linux, AROS, or the Wii for that matter.

I first began with the "Hello World" code in the examples, and all went well, ran on the Wii U first try.

I then tried to compile JzintvWii, but ended up with this error (only bottom text from windows shown):

"...oop-arrays -msse -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wc++-compat -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -I. -I.. -Dlinux -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DJZINTV_VERSION_MAJOR=0x01 -DJZINTV_VERSION_MINOR=0x00 -L../lib -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lSDL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file ../bin/jzintv: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [../bin/jzintv] Error 1"

I then gave WiiXL a try but got this message when I typed in "make" within the src directory.

"antic.c
/opt/devkitpro/examples/wii/wiixl/atari800/src/./antic.c: In function 'draw_antic_2_dmactl_bug':
/opt/devkitpro/examples/wii/wiixl/atari800/src/./antic.c:1466:2: warning: variable 'chptr' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
atari.c
/opt/devkitpro/examples/wii/wiixl/atari800/src/./atari.c:59:17: fatal error: sdl.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [atari.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2
"

As I said, I'm not a coder, and I'm not sure what to do. Thanks in advance for any help. I'd love to see these emulators supporting what ever hardware that they could and of course the ability to run and read off USB.

Reactions: Pepois

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For JzintvWii, in your terminal type make -f Makefile.wii. The -f option means file, it's used to specify a makefile. A simple make will compile the app for linux.
You also need to create a directory called "bin" next to the "src" one.

For WiiXL, have you installed sdl-wii ?

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Wiimpathy. That's what I was wondering, if perhaps DevkitPro needed it's own SDL as opposed to the set that I already have installed in Linux by default.
I just got home from work, so I'll prolly tear back into this tonight for educational purposes...
...according to another thread, the mission I was trying to accomplish has already been taken care of. :)

This will leave me some spare time to dig through Wiiflow's docs and figure out how to make some Intellivision and Atari XL/XE covers. ;)

For JzintvWii, in your terminal type make -f Makefile.wii. The -f option means file, it's used to specify a makefile. A simple make will compile the app for linux.
You also need to create a directory called "bin" next to the "src" one.

For WiiXL, have you installed sdl-wii ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up