Compiled Homebrew Apps to become Motion Plus Compatible!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Pepois, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Hi, I think it would be wise to have this thread so we can all share and have all compiled apps in one place. As you know, many apps are a bit old and haven't been updated for a while and thus are not compatible with the new Wii Motion Plus controller. I think it would be to the interest of many to have them compiled. There are some that are now compatible and some that have been modified or tweaked by users like yourself.

devkitPPC release 25-1 and libogc 1.8.9 is now compatible with the motion Plus controller. So now we need some of your experitse and time to compiled them.

Here's a list of apps that sitll need to be compiled. (I will post some that already have etc/)

1. Wad Manager 1.8 2011
    2. WiiRadio 2011
    3. MPlayer CE 2011
    4. FTPii 2010
    5. Dvd Dumper 1.2 2008
    6. Wii2600 (Emulator) 2009
    7. Mame Wii (Emulator) 2011
    8. WiiXL (Emulator) 2009
    9. jzintvWii (Intellivision) (Emulator) 2012
    10. FCE Ultra 3.2.9 Cover v1(this particular version has all the game images wiiflow style) (Emulator) 2012
    11. VBA-GX2.2.5 Cover v3 (also supports game images wiiflow style) (Emulator) 2012
    12. WiiSX (Playstation) Emulator 2010
    13. QuakeWii (Wii version) 2009
    14. ComixChannel 2010
    15. Wolfenstein 3D Wii 2010
    16. WiiDoom 2010

*I included the dates of the latest version so its clear they were not compiled with the latest devkitPPC release 25-1 and libogc 1.8.9

;)
    P.d I think this thread belongs here in the Wii U (vWii) section since now most people that own a Wii U have a Wii Motion Plus controller etc.

Margen67, MassiveRican, XDel and 2 others like this.

2. sabandellos

sabandellos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2010
    Awesome post!!!!

Margen67 likes this.
  3. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Does NOT64/Wii64 support it?

4. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    NOT64 does! That's why is not on the list.

Margen67 likes this.
  5. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    jzintvWii could use a little USB support as well. Same as any other emulator that is stuck to SD card only.

6. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    - Wii2600 : http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii2600-rvl-cnt-01-tr-compatibilty.340291/
    - Mame Wii : http://gbatemp.net/threads/is-there-a-way-to-remove-the-150-game-limit-on-wii-mame.347097/
    - WiiXL : a Wiflow plugin exists and it's similar to Wii2600...
    - FCE and VBA-GX : Snes9x-gx cover mod has been updated. The code is similar too. I'm not really interested anymore since Wiiflow can deliver a good gui for emulators now.
    A few people tried to update these versions but gave up. I can try to help once again if someone really wants to, but doing all by myself is a tedious task.
    - jzintvWii : Perhaps I'll try to compile this one...
    - ComixChannel : Apparently one the "ask for source" homebrew. Maybe try to ask him directly ?

7. XDel

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    If there is a WiiXL plugin for Wiiflow, I'd like to get my hands on it.

8. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    You could replace

Wad Manager -> WiiMod Lite
    SNES9X/FCEU/GBA/Quake/MAME -> RetroArch
    DVD Dumper ->CleanRip
    MPlayer CE ->WiiMC

These have WiiMote Plus support and work better IMO

9. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    Here

Retroarch is great for fba games : cps1, cps2 but not all arcade mame games are supported. Gambatte is also very good because gameboy support is better then vba-gx. However, the retroarch gui is simple but still bad. Snes-gx still is a good compromise for gui/emulation/fun.

10. XDel

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    THanks, works great, though the default is set to NTSC for some reason which is odd considering that most the great release from the past two decades were released as PAL.

Oh well, easy fix, glad to have this up and running!

Now to figure out how to make covers for these games...

EDIT: BTW, Google for these Atari XL titles:

Beef Drop
    Yoomp!
    His Dark Majesty
    Ridiculous Reality

11. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Hi Wiimpathy, exactly Snesx9 is already Motion-Plus compatible.

It would be great if you could give it a shot!
    You are not alone, I have asked Darkmattercore, who is the one that recompiled Wii2600, Mame Wii, FTPii and Wad Manager 1.7.1 to help us with the rest. He's already working with WiiRadio and Mplayer CE.

It's great that Wiflow is compatible with most emulators still, wouldn't it be great if possible for each app to work as it was meant?

Thank you and keep all the great work!

EDITED: Wow, I just realized its YOU who made the cover versions!!!! hehehe great work Wiimpathy!!!;)

12. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    I have just sent an email to the creator of ComixChannel asking him to either please compile with the new version or if he could please provide us with the source. I'll let you know as soon as I get a reply.

Thank you

MassiveRican likes this.
  13. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    You'll get mixed results on that one. Some HDD's (including 2 of mine) get better performance on cIOS202, which WiiMC stopped supporting. It now only uses IOS58.

14. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Ok, I-ve tried to contact all the authors of these great apps. If I get a reply from them I will let you all know.

Greetings!

Pepois

MassiveRican likes this.
  15. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    FTPii 2010 works normal here with the Golden Zelda remote. So I guess you could remove that from your list ;)

16. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    FTP doesnt work with the Wii Motion Plus but I believe DarkMatterCore made a mod so when I get in touch with him Ill check it and put the link here.

;)

MassiveRican likes this.
  17. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    The gold one was released prior to the incompatible remote firmware. It works with all apps.

18. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    I said about 50 times that I'm done with that. But anyway :

VBA-GX 2.2.5 Cover v4

VBA-GX 2.2.5 Cover v4 cios202

Source code

It's still 2.2.5 but it's better than nothing. I had issues with FCEU-GX and I won't waste more time on this.

Regarding JzIntvWii, a wiiflow plugin can be found here. It should be usable as a standalone app or easily compilable.
    By the way, the latest DevkitPPC is r26 and libogc 1.8.11.1.

Pepois, bm123456 and MassiveRican like this.
  19. Pepois
    OP

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Wow Wiimpathy!!! You are the man!!! Thank you so much!!!

EDITED: Duble WOW Wiimpathy!!! JzIntvWii works as a standalone app and obviously works with the Moition Plus... You've nailed 2 birds in this one post!!! Congrats!!! I wonder if you could do the same for the WiiXL .dol file? Thank you

DOUBLE EDITED: JzIntv doesnt work from a Forwarder only from the HB channel I get an error:

could not find any of these candidate files
    *C
    *C rom

Maybe someone can edit it or compile it!

20. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

May 30, 2009
    Venezuela
    Cabimas, Zulia, Venezuela.
    Pepois is actually a good friend of mine; I originally knew him in a Spanish forum, and I have him added on Facebook and all.

I tried to recompile the latest MPlayer CE SVN revision, and I succeded, but for some weird reason no letters show up on the menu screen (selection is still possible with the D-Pad). I'm still trying to figure out why this occurs. If anyone else can shed some light on this matter, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I also got WiiRadio to compile, but first I had to get a previously compiled gl2gx library in order to build the projectM library and THEN run make to get the DOL binary. Up to this point, everything was OK. However, the compatibility with SHOUTcast was dropped in favor of Navi-X support (because you now need an APIKEY to access SHOUTcast content), and it seems the autor never got around finishing it; that kinda defeats the purpose. I haven't been able to use WiiRadio properly afterwards.

I'll see what can I do with last four applications. Thanks again, Wiimpathy. ;)

sabandellos and Pepois like this.