Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Is the most recent wiiflow release (v4.1.1 aka r895) compatible with dios mios 2.9 (yes, I mean 2.9 and not 2.8 - there was a small update to dm recently)? I'm asking this because I changed from usb loader gx to wiiflow (because of that awesome neek2o support and the option to have everything from wii games over emulators and emulated nand in one single place) and tried booting a gamecube game (zelda wind waker, pal version). While it worked fine with usbloader gx, I always get a code dump when I try with wiiflow. The result after testing my other GC games was the same - wiiflow showed a code dump every time. Is there any special setup required other than having dios mios installed for this to work? I've also checked the config file. The games dir is set correctly (otherwise the games wouldn't show up in wiiflow in the first place) and the option "dm_r2.1+" is set to yes. Thanks in advance for any help. If there's no solution yet I shall reinstall Dios Mios 2.8 and see how things work out
DM 2.9 working just fine here.
Playing windwaker right now

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Finally found time. Here's the ...
Vectrex Wii plugin

http://www.mediafire.com/?4e3pu6v13fq2o6y

Please test it and report back any errors.
- At first it needs you to press a button on the first wiimote or GC controller to select which one it's going to use in game.
- If you run it without any arguments (like with WiiXplorer) it will run the built in Minestorm ROM.

I'll add it to the plugin thread when I get a moment. ... Done.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vectrex Wii plugin

- At first it needs you to press a button on the first wiimote or GC controller to select which one it's going to use in game.
- If you run it without any arguments (like with WiiXplorer) it will run the built in Minestorm ROM.

I'll add it to the plugin thread when I get a moment.

I tested out 5 games, they all loaded correctly, and exited back to wiiflow. All options were available in game as well.

Nice work on this, thanks!

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Here's what I've looked at with the other missing emus :
bluemsx-wii 424D5358 - I think I had looked at this one before. I only looked quickly but got lost. Might give it another shot.
fba_mame 4D414D45 - Uses SDL and I can never figure out which of all the entry points is the right one on SDL stuff.
hatari 48415441 - Wiibrew page mentioned SDL so I skipped it
jzintvwii 4A5A494E
neocd 4E474344 - I only glanced at this one
o2em 4F32454D - Can't find Wii code for this one
vecxwii 56454358
wiiapple 4150504C - uses SDL
wiituka 54554B41 - I only glanced at this one, too
wiixl 5749584C - also a port by Raz0red. Might be something simple for matt0620 to do :rolleyes:
My next one will probably a WAD Manager plugin but after that I'm still trying to decide what to work on but will not complain if someone else makes something before me ;) .

matt0620

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I've looked at with the other missing emus :My next one will probably a WAD Manager plugin but after that I'm still trying to decide what to work on but will not complain if someone else makes something before me ;) .

bluemsx-wii: I'm planning to look at this, next time I'm at a Windows machine, heh. Build system is dependent on it, unfortunately.
neocd: I was looking at this last night, started setting it up with IOS58 for USB support.

Right now I'm making Wii7800/WiiColEm handle finding their data paths more gracefully, so they don't have to be on the same device as the Wiiflow plugins.

matt0620

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Vectrex Wii plugin

I'll add it to the plugin thread when I get a moment. ... Done.
Working Gr8
Packed :)

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DM 2.9 working just fine here.
Playing windwaker right now

Weird, since I'm probably using the same setup as you (using your all in one pack). Do you have the option of DMr2.1+ set to yes? because maybe that is where my problem is... Wii games and all the other stuff is working fine, so I really don't know what could be wrong. DM seems to be installed correctly as well, since with every other loader other than wiiflow it's working great.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Weird, since I'm probably using the same setup as you (using your all in one pack). Do you have the option of DMr2.1+ set to yes? because maybe that is where my problem is... Wii games and all the other stuff is working fine, so I really don't know what could be wrong. DM seems to be installed correctly as well, since with every other loader other than wiiflow it's working great.
[DML]
always_show_button=yes
cheat=no
current_item=D43J01
dir_usb_games=games
dm_r2.1+=yes
dml_activity_led=yes
dml_nmm=0
dml_r52+=yes
dump_list=no
game_language=0
last_cf_mode=12
lastlanguage=EN
no_disc_patch=0
partition=1
show_full_banner=no
sort=0
source=yes
video_mode=0
video_setting=1

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Thanks, I checked my settings against yours and they are identical (although launching gc games with wiiflow still refuses to work on my side which I don't understand since cfg has no problem doing so - I even re-installed a clean mios v10 and installed dios mios 2.9 again just to check), but I have access to another wii and I will see how it works there. Maybe if I wait a bit it will eventually start to work (just like wiiflow did the first time I started it, where it refused to see my wii games at first although everything was configured correctly).

Edit: Well, booting gamecube games through wiiflow is working now, at least on my sisters wii. I think I finally found what was causing the problem, or atleast I assume it had to do with one of the following:

- Either the 1kb .GC dummy files of Mario Kart GP 1 & 2 were causing trouble
- Or the dml booter plugin caused trouble.

I moved the plugin and it's ini file to another folder and deleted the 1kb dummy files from the GC folder and now everything is running smoothly.

Edit2: Tested it on my own wii as well, and everything is working now.

At this point I want to give a big thank you to the wiiflow dev team for creating such a feature rich loader as well as AbdallahTerro and Mastershoes for putting together the all-in-one package. This way switching over from usb loader gx to wiiflow worked like a charm.

Reactions: mastershoes

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going through 4.1.1, and when I try to enter real nand mode, it shows an empty screen (no channels) and says as much in the corner. Anyone else have this? I'm trying to use nintendo channel but it says wiiconnect24 isn't on, which it is for both nands. So now I have to boot up the old wii menu to get to that.

file986

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, i have a problem with new version of wii flow (4.1.1).
I updated my Wii, HBC and WiiFlow because i sometimes got a blackscreen with the old version. Now i tried startind a game and after the loading screen nothing happen.
I'm using a HDD. During the loading screen the HDD shows some activity, after the loading screen it does not and only a black screen is on my TV.
I hope you can help me.

Here are my specs:
Region: PAL
Systemmenue 4.3E (v514)

Laufwerksdatum: 13.02.2007
Homebrewkanal 1.1.0 benutzt IOS58
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Boot2 v4
Es wurden 93 Titel gefunden.
Es wurden 48 IOS gefunden, von denen 14 funktionslos (Stub) sind.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS9 (rev 1034): Keine Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS11 (rev 256): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS12 (rev 526): Keine Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS17 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS21 (rev 1039): Keine Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Keine Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Keine Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS31 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff
IOS37 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS41 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS51 (rev 4864): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS52 (rev 5888): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS53 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Keine Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS61 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): Keine Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS80 (rev 6944, Info: rev 6944): Trucha Bug
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS250 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a problem with new version of wii flow (4.1.1).
I updated my Wii, HBC and WiiFlow because i sometimes got a blackscreen with the old version. Now i tried startind a game and after the loading screen nothing happen.
I'm using a HDD. During the loading screen the HDD shows some activity, after the loading screen it does not and only a black screen is on my TV.
I hope you can help me.

are those really stubs in 249/250...? installing d2x there should fix your problem. Modmii is your friend.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks, I checked my settings against yours and they are identical (although launching gc games with wiiflow still refuses to work on my side which I don't understand since cfg has no problem doing so - I even re-installed a clean mios v10 and installed dios mios 2.9 again just to check), but I have access to another wii and I will see how it works there. Maybe if I wait a bit it will eventually start to work (just like wiiflow did the first time I started it, where it refused to see my wii games at first although everything was configured correctly).

Edit: Well, booting gamecube games through wiiflow is working now, at least on my sisters wii. I think I finally found what was causing the problem, or atleast I assume it had to do with one of the following:

- Either the 1kb .GC dummy files of Mario Kart GP 1 & 2 were causing trouble
- Or the dml booter plugin caused trouble.

I moved the plugin and it's ini file to another folder and deleted the 1kb dummy files from the GC folder and now everything is running smoothly.

Edit2: Tested it on my own wii as well, and everything is working now.

At this point I want to give a big thank you to the wiiflow dev team for creating such a feature rich loader as well as AbdallahTerro and Mastershoes for putting together the all-in-one package. This way switching over from usb loader gx to wiiflow worked like a charm.
Glad to know that your problem is fixed.
I just want to know if the pack has anything to do with the dummy files or if this was only created by you during your setup.
If I need to edit/move or change anything please let me know :)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Might anyone know of sum THP trailers for Wiiflow???

Had a set on my SD card but it corrupted a lil while back.......
Wut up bro, I got over 500Mb of THP trailers for WiiFlow. The old Wiki use to have a lot. I only got maybe 10 - 20 or so. I'll upload them and pass 'em onto Fledge68 to put on WiiFloWiki 4 or for direct d/load. Hopefully others that have the ones I don't can do the same. That way we have that complete set of trailers again.

Reactions: macmanhigh

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Fix, abz, or anyone else who knows, What is the max size a banner can be? I think it'd be awesome if we could use banners to play music videos assigined to specific MP3s or visualizations that way. Or maybe it'd be better as game trailers. Thoughts?

As far as video support. as you are describing, that wouldn't work. the music file would only last as long as it does with the banners.(15-20 sec.). this is cause of the limit set in the banner code. an would need to be hard coded to last 3-4 min depending on the music file.
now playing with banners an channel making. THPs.(?). the file used for trailers. are renamed avi files.(extentions.).. i have tested this on a few "mp3's. an movies. to use as banners but they don't work for that use, but look ok for trailers.

@fix. could you add m3u file reading to wiiflow please. as long as the m3u file is in the same music folder for wiiflow. or can it allready be done? an if so could you please pass along the augment. i'm not that brite when it comes to writing (coding) that kind of stuff. if needed i can pass along a donation once more for the work. thanks for your hard work.(yes the rest of the team also.)wiiflow is the best damn loader that has ever been writen for wii.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wut up bro, I got over 500Mb of THP trailers for WiiFlow. The old Wiki use to have a lot. I only got maybe 10 - 20 or so. I'll upload them and pass 'em onto Fledge68 to put on WiiFloWiki 4 or for direct d/load. Hopefully others that have the ones I don't can do the same. That way we have that complete set of trailers again.

THX Budd appreciate it much....i used to have a couple off the old Wiki too but my old SD card gave out on me a while back

Only got COD titles & Captain Rainbow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative