Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
@chazman14, Yes

Hi guys, below is a list of all the trailers I have in THP format for WiiFlow thus far. Unfortunately somehow, I don't even know when, I deleted my full set of trailers and all I have left is what was on my HDD for WiiFlow. Very unfortunate. I ask if anyone has additional files to please PM me and I will give you a filedrop link for mediafire. It will upload the link below with trailers for all to d/load.

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid: Other M
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers
Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands
Red Steel 2
Resident Evil 4
The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
Xenoblade Chronicles

Here's the link to the files, it's in individual d/loads so u can d/load only the trailers you want. If you think it's a good idea for an all inclusive d/load let me know.

Oh and of course change the name of the file to just the first 3 letters of the GameID if you want the trailers to work ;) I'm sure u know, just throwing it out there.

I'd really love to see a Skyward Sword trailer, I might have to make it myself, hopefully it's just an easy matter of converting a file so I can just d/load it from elsewhere and not create it from scratch lol.

EDIT: Found WiiflowTHPVideoConverterv2.0, so it seems this should be mighty easy to do.

@fledge68, wondering what you thought about making these available for d/load on the wiki with some screenshots or something? I can take screenshots or would it be better to include like a youtube link for people to be able to see the trailer? Just throwing ideas out there, let me know if you like any of 'em.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was the first thing i done, formatted to FAT32...
changed the forwarder to the latest OFFICAL release, cleared the SDcard of all settings...

just waiting for the files transfer across to double check, and with fingers crossed...:blink:
I'e seen weird things happen when you run from the hard disk and have the SD card in. Try popping it out and running just from the hard disk.

If you need the SD card make sure your don't have an apps/wiiflow or wiiflow folder on the SD card.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@massiverican - would be nice to include them on the wiki but I never even got your fanart on there yet. I think a little video showing thp trailers in action thru wiiflow at the top of the page would be good followed by the download links. I'll see what i can do but not much time available.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does nand extraction work for anyone else? I extract it and try to go to it but it acts like there's nothing there. Also tried real nand. Booted nintendo channel, returned, now real nand is gone. Says I have nothing.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@chazman14, Yes

Hi guys, below is a list of all the trailers I have in THP format for WiiFlow thus far. Unfortunately somehow, I don't even know when, I deleted my full set of trailers and all I have left is what was on my HDD for WiiFlow. Very unfortunate. I ask if anyone has additional files to please PM me and I will give you a filedrop link for mediafire. It will upload the link below with trailers for all to d/load.

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid: Other M
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers
Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands
Red Steel 2
Resident Evil 4
The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
Xenoblade Chronicles

Here's the link to the files, it's in individual d/loads so u can d/load only the trailers you want. If you think it's a good idea for an all inclusive d/load let me know.

Oh and of course change the name of the file to just the first 3 letters of the GameID if you want the trailers to work ;) I'm sure u know, just throwing it out there.

I'd really love to see a Skyward Sword trailer, I might have to make it myself, hopefully it's just an easy matter of converting a file so I can just d/load it from elsewhere and not create it from scratch lol.

EDIT: Found WiiflowTHPVideoConverterv2.0, so it seems this should be mighty easy to do.

@fledge68, wondering what you thought about making these available for d/load on the wiki with some screenshots or something? I can take screenshots or would it be better to include like a youtube link for people to be able to see the trailer? Just throwing ideas out there, let me know if you like any of 'em.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does nand extraction work for anyone else? I extract it and try to go to it but it acts like there's nothing there.
I know that on previous wiiflow versions it didnt work on first boot "on a clean install" until I had edited my .ini with partition, paths and my default prefs.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it at the time but it was not critical...

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks, and how would I go about doing that?
open your wiiflow.ini file. It's in the /apps/wiiflow folder. A lot of the settings under the [GENERAL] section tell where the WiiFlow should look for everything. Look through there for the two that look like they're talking about covers (there's one for front covers and one for full covers.) and change the first part where it says sd: to say usb1: and save and close the file. You'll then just need to move the /wiiflow/covers and /wiiflow/boxcovers folders over to your USB drive.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Does nand extraction work for anyone else? I extract it and try to go to it but it acts like there's nothing there. Also tried real nand. Booted nintendo channel, returned, now real nand is gone too. Says I have nothing.
Did u update your D2X yet? v9 does not play nice with emunand, v10r52 recommended.

Also ripped straight from the Wiki:
"If you are going to use WiiFlow to extract your
NAND it is recommended that you go to
Channels view first before going to config menu
to extract your NAND."

Otherwise it doesn't work very well.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country

Hi matto21, I haven't had a chance to test myself since I'll be away from Wii until tomorrow but it seems that your not the only experiencing the garbled audio issue when playing trailers.

macmanhigh420 also PM'ed me earlier regarding a trailer he made. He said the audio came out all crazy. I'll try and see which rev the audio in trailers seems to have broken in.

chazman14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
open your wiiflow.ini file. It's in the /apps/wiiflow folder. A lot of the settings under the [GENERAL] section tell where the WiiFlow should look for everything. Look through there for the two that look like they're talking about covers (there's one for front covers and one for full covers.) and change the first part where it says sd: to say usb1: and save and close the file. You'll then just need to move the /wiiflow/covers and /wiiflow/boxcovers folders over to your USB drive.

Thanks Maxternal, I did what you said and the only covers that have show up are for the SNES, i'm still missing n64, genesis, and psx covers. From what I can tell, all the paths are correct with proper capitalization.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Here are some pics if it helps of the file paths.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8ehka8g46giskf/gHNBjepYBo
Okay , I was actually hoping for like a copy and paste of the path from your INI files but in this case in wiiflow.ini after the = it should say something like
usb1:/wiiflow/boxcovers
and then in the INI for the plugin it should just say
genplus
OR
snes9xgx
after the coverfolder= part

make sure to refresh the cache, too, and that the files have the whole ROM filename WITH extension on them like mario64.z64.png

chazman14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay , I was actually hoping for like a copy and paste of the path from your INI files but in this case in wiiflow.ini after the = it should say something like
usb1:/wiiflow/boxcovers
and then in the INI for the plugin it should just say
genplus
OR
snes9xgx
after the coverfolder= part

make sure to refresh the cache, too, and that the files have the whole ROM filename WITH extension on them like mario64.z64.png

Thanks again. I was thinking of what you said as I went to the store, and I realized that what I gave you is not what you asked. But I did do what you said to do by renaming the INI code and it partially worked! YAY! I can now get the genesis covers to show up, but still no luck on the psx or n64. I will do some more experimenting. Thank you again for the help.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did u update your D2X yet? v9 does not play nice with emunand, v10r52 recommended.

Also ripped straight from the Wiki:
"If you are going to use WiiFlow to extract your
NAND it is recommended that you go to
Channels view first before going to config menu
to extract your NAND."

Otherwise it doesn't work very well.
Really? I thought v9 was better for emunand/wiiware. Wasn't there some problem, or is v10 better in every way?

I just installed v10 r52, booted excite truck, returned, but it returned to neek2o...booting my emunand. I checked my settings on both real nand wiiflow and emunand wiiflow and they were the same. I used to be able to set different settings for each. Does emunand need the same d2x to avoid this?

Also, it didn't fix the real nand not showing up, but I'm now realizing that real nand has nothing that I can't do from emunand, so now I'm going with beta 10 r53 alt which seems to work as well as 9 did.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Really? I thought v9 was better for emunand/wiiware. Wasn't there some problem, or is v10 better in every way?

I just installed v10 r52, booted excite truck, returned, but it returned to neek2o...booting my emunand. I checked my settings on both real nand wiiflow and emunand wiiflow and they were the same. I used to be able to set different settings for each. Does emunand need the same d2x to avoid this?

Also, it didn't fix the real nand not showing up, but I'm now realizing that real nand has nothing that I can't do from emunand, so now I'm going with beta 10 r53 alt which seems to work as well as 9 did.
v8 and v10(r52) are supposed to have the better emuNAND compatibility and v9 or v10alt(r53) have the added ability to use both USB ports and let the USB devices that games use (like microphones) be hot swapable.

Exiting back to neek2o...it seems wierd that it would do that if all you did was change out your installed cIOS :wink: . My first impression would have been that you just started it FROM Neek2o or (had it been a WiiWare/VC game) that you had just started it with the "Launch with Neek2o" option turned on.

Not sure if that helped at all ...

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v8 and v10(r52) are supposed to have the better emuNAND compatibility and v9 or v10alt(r53) have the added ability to use both USB ports and let the USB devices that games use (like microphones) be hot swapable.

Exiting back to neek2o...it seems wierd that it would do that if all you did was change out your installed cIOS :wink: . My first impression would have been that you just started it FROM Neek2o or (had it been a WiiWare/VC game) that you had just started it with the "Launch with Neek2o" option turned on.

Not sure if that helped at all ...

See what happened was, I had Neek wiiflow set to boot the n switch, so when I boot a game with neek, it would instead of returning to neek wiiflow, it would boot back to real nand wiiflow via priiloader. (because priiloader was dumbly did away with in the recent neek revisions) With the suggested d2x setup mentioned earlier, wiiflow stopped having separate settings in neek mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, you hi too