Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
See what happened was, I had Neek wiiflow set to boot the n switch, so when I boot a game with neek, it would instead of returning to neek wiiflow, it would boot back to real nand wiiflow via priiloader. (because priiloader was dumbly did away with in the recent neek revisions) With the suggested d2x setup mentioned earlier, wiiflow stopped having separate settings in neek mode.
Okay so instead of exiting from WiiFlow Neek mode TO real NAND through the nSwitch channel, it exited FROM WiiFlow in real NAND mode but STILL through nSwitch which just left you back in your Neek2o NAND ... did I get it right?

Oh, and when it wasn't showing your real NAND it was because you were running WiiFlow in Neek2o mode?

EDIT : to tell the truth, I didn't actually know that you could have a separate setting for Neek2o mode and real NAND mode. That is/would be a nice feature.
- An idea of a workaround for that, you could change the TitleID of the nSwitch channel you have installed to your emuNAND to DWFA instead of NK2O (with CustomizeMii, I think) so that when it tries to return to WiiFlow from Neek2o mode it just ends up in real NAND.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you got it right. i'm just gonna say yeah cuz i'm typing with internet channel keyboard and don't wanna type alot lol. and no, real nand wasnt showing up from real nand. but i decided not to care about that. gonna take a nap now. bye bye.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here's the updated plugins.

WiiColEm: https://mega.co.nz/#!FFgTjYJQ!VNQOzSXvAFryBzb5Ftr3vQ_XBz5DX3wamc0H2i7KcoU
Wii7800: https://mega.co.nz/#!FYYFhIzS!MEnuaEGWk3WGBRjoahpW8QjlvvERk0khtHmxxCKtwHM
JzIntvWii: https://mega.co.nz/#!UNJgHLpT!Q50z00TQud44xvb_NqVvni8v1WMX4WwyT3qIZzkYhKo

I've also made JzintvWii check all of player 1's controllers for pressing Home/Start to exit emulation, useful for changing the controller setting if you don't have a Classic Controller handy, etc.

I tried the JzIntvWii plugin, the games launch from wiiflow. However, it seems impossible to start a game with a classic controller or a GC pad.
No problem with Wiimote+Nunchuck though.

matt0620

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the JzIntvWii plugin, the games launch from wiiflow. However, it seems impossible to start a game with a classic controller or a GC pad.
No problem with Wiimote+Nunchuck though.

You shouldn't have an issue as long as you change the controller setting (Press Home or Start) to whatever your using at the time. I don't think you can change it with the GC pad though IIRC. Also check the controller reference: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/JzintvWii#Controls

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, but when you change the controller to classic you can't go back to the game, right? When you relaunch a game from the emu it's working but not from Wiiflow even if the .cfg file says Classic.

matt0620

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take a look but I'm not having an issue with the settings not saving. For reference.. which drive are your plugins on and which has the jzintvWii directory?

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Plugin, roms, bios and cfg are on the same usb drive (never had an issue with this drive). The settings are saved, I can start and play with wiimote. Did you manage to start and play a game directly from Wiiflow with a classic pad?

matt0620

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just tried it with a few games. Started from WiiFlow, went to the menu, changed it to Classic, exited back to Wiiflow. Loaded the game and started it with the classic controller.

matt0620

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so instead of exiting from WiiFlow Neek mode TO real NAND through the nSwitch channel, it exited FROM WiiFlow in real NAND mode but STILL through nSwitch which just left you back in your Neek2o NAND ... did I get it right?

Oh, and when it wasn't showing your real NAND it was because you were running WiiFlow in Neek2o mode?

EDIT : to tell the truth, I didn't actually know that you could have a separate setting for Neek2o mode and real NAND mode. That is/would be a nice feature.
- An idea of a workaround for that, you could change the TitleID of the nSwitch channel you have installed to your emuNAND to DWFA instead of NK2O (with CustomizeMii, I think) so that when it tries to return to WiiFlow from Neek2o mode it just ends up in real NAND.
Genius. Pure genius. I like the way you think, my friend.:bow:

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah I just tried it with a few games. Started from WiiFlow, went to the menu, changed it to Classic, exited back to Wiiflow. Loaded the game and started it with the classic controller.

Ok, I let the app recreate the .cfg file once again with your mod2, everything's perfect now. Thanks.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I'll upload a new pack rev 898 tonight with all new plugins (thanks Matt)
on a side note: for ppl using Frodo and UAE plugins, I've found today that you need to have a "frodo" and "uae" folder with files and subfolders on SD root even if you run the games from USB. otherwise the emulator will exit to WF and not start the game. only (frodo\images) and (uae\floppies) folder need to be on USB.

As for blue-MSX you can use the plugin without changing any setting if you have the official blueMSX on board.

Edit: grab the Full BlueMSX from the official website:
http://www.wiimsx.com/index.php?option=com_weblinks&view=category&id=35&Itemid=58
Have a nice day
:)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Blue-MSX is one of the neatest plugins I've tested, really gr8 work Matt0620 :)
Added to rev 898 pack
Hope to see more plugins soon (maybe an fba or sdl-mame) given that only 6 are left

Dols Not Yet Available
----------------------

Fba_mame 4D414D45
Neocd 4E474344
o2em 4F32454D
wiiapple 4150504C
wiituka 54554B41
wiixl 5749584C

pdanpdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is it possible to add a search game interface in wiiflow?
Sometimes it's hard to remember the full name of the game but you remember some part, and it's easy if you can filter the games

coolasice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upgraded to wiiflow 4.1.1 today and now my wii will not launch games, the screen goes black for 2 mins then back to the system menu... any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel