Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there, this is probably a simple question, but I thought it was better to ask it, since the results I found ranged from 2006...

Is the gaming between acekard2/2i and cyclods possible? Things like trading pokemons, racing together in mario kart, fighting in vs mode on Bleach...

I'm asking this because while using my Cyclo on a pokemon event, my game was freezing constantly around the main group, while I could trade fine individually, away from the group.

also, are the files used for DS readable by most flashcarts? things like the videos, save types and generic homebrews? [I know some are flashcart-specific, tho, like moonshell and that game and save manager for slot-2 flashcarts]

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Flash carts run games like normal carts. Somebody on flash cart A can trade with real cart B, and then A can trade with flash cart Q who can then trade with flash cart K who trades to real game R...

For videos anything that can run homebrew properly can run moonshell2 (the media player), which plays the DPG format. To repeat, Moonshell2 runs on any flash cart that can actually run homebrew properly. Some flash carts may bundle an older version of moonshell in their system menu, but there's nothing stopping you from downloading the latest and using it yourself by running it like a game or piece of homebrew.

Save types are not always compatible, for some you may need to use a converter.
http://www.shunyweb.info/

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
For videos anything that can run homebrew properly can run moonshell2 (the media player), which plays the DPG format. To repeat, Moonshell2 runs on any flash cart that can actually run homebrew properly. Some flash carts may bundle an older version of moonshell in their system menu, but there's nothing stopping you from downloading the latest and using it yourself by running it like a game or piece of homebrew.

Not quite true. The Max Media Dock runs homebrew just fine, but recent versions of MoonShell fail to work on it, I think due to bugs in recent revisions of libfat. But most cards can run it.

And for many cards that include moonshell in the system software, you can replace the moonshell NDS file with a more recent one to be able to launch the latest MoonShell in the "regular" way (e.g. on R4s and probably most R4 clones, you can place it on the root as "DS_MOONSHL.NDS" or something like that, and it'll run when you tap the middle icon on the main menu)

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SifJar said:
Rydian said:

Not quite true. The Max Media Dock runs homebrew just fine, but recent versions of MoonShell fail to work on it, I think due to bugs in recent revisions of libfat. But most cards can run it.

And for many cards that include moonshell in the system software, you can replace the moonshell NDS file with a more recent one to be able to launch the latest MoonShell in the "regular" way (e.g. on R4s and probably most R4 clones, you can place it on the root as "DS_MOONSHL.NDS" or something like that, and it'll run when you tap the middle icon on the main menu)
Moonshell is still homebrew, so you could argue that it doesn't run all homebrew properly.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
SifJar said:
Rydian said:

Moonshell is still homebrew, so you could argue that it doesn't run all homebrew properly.

It runs every homebrew built with a non-latest build of libfat e.g. older versions of moonshell, almost all homebrew not released in the last 6-12 months

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Rydian said:
Game freezes can be any number of things. Bad dump, patched game when it's not needed, incorrectly-patched game, slow microSD, filesystem is bugged (needs a full format with the panasonic formatter), all sorts of stuff.
But isn't it strange that it only froze when I tried the wireless linking with a large number of people? There were about 6 at least.

And I found that program recently, still gotta use it on my micro SDs to fix 'em.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol