Gaming Colors! 3D almost here!

loco365

Trophies
XP
It has been as buggy as hell for me to use. I was looking at the different features it had, and when I was attempting to connect to the gallery, it was telling me my Wireless was turned off. I haven't even touched it as it is on all the time. And when I was quitting the program, it was stuck in a weird wireless mode that prevented the software from closing. I had to disable wireless to get it to exit.

philip11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been as buggy as hell for me to use. I was looking at the different features it had, and when I was attempting to connect to the gallery, it was telling me my Wireless was turned off. I haven't even touched it as it is on all the time. And when I was quitting the program, it was stuck in a weird wireless mode that prevented the software from closing. I had to disable wireless to get it to exit.
that's YOUR problem Nintendo would NEVER in a million years release a buggy game and this has not happened to me

loco365

Trophies
XP
that's YOUR problem Nintendo would NEVER in a million years release a buggy game and this has not happened to me
I don't think it's my fault that it couldn't tell the difference between having the wireless on or off. =\ I'm pretty sure every game has it's bug- Look at the Maka Wuhu Glitch in MK7.

Reactions: 1 person

philip11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's my fault that it couldn't tell the difference between having the wireless on or off. =\ I'm pretty sure every game has it's bug- Look at the Maka Wuhu Glitch in MK7.
I am not saying you are Dumb I am saying that's a problem with your 3DS.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
http://i.imgur.com/iW10V.jpg

My first drawing on Colors! 3D, haha :P
My swapnote friends have already seen this, but this is the very basic of what you can do with it.
I suck at painting so there's no background yet but maybe I'll work on that. It can really pop!

Okay, I'm done. ^^

edit: looks like they restrict how much you can upload in a certain period of time. ;c
Saw it at colorslive.com, I used the playback and when it finished I randomly clicked and dragged the image in the video.
I don't know why but I'm glad I did it because the image layers got separated, really cool.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I am not saying you are Dumb I am saying that's a problem with your 3DS.
It's the only game I've had any issues with. All other games work flawlessly. I stand by my position that it's buggy. If it is, I'm pretty sure they'll update it and release a fix of some kind.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please confirm whether it has touch sensitivity? That is what I found so good about the original and if they took it out it'd be a real shame.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Can someone please confirm whether it has touch sensitivity? That is what I found so good about the original and if they took it out it'd be a real shame.
No. To change sensitivity, you use the D-Pad up for lighter strokes, down for heavier strokes, and you don't use any D-Pad buttons for a normal stroke.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was exclusive to the original, on a ds fat / lite (or maybe just the lite, I don't remember) because they were the only ones with a pressure sensitive touch screen. They can't add it to something that just can't support it. :/

Reactions: 1 person

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
No. To change sensitivity, you use the D-Pad up for lighter strokes, down for heavier strokes, and you don't use any D-Pad buttons for a normal stroke.

2966372037_ee00c264ab.jpg

I bet that was Nintendo's fault. They didn't use the feature at all in any of their games, iirc Colours! was the only application to use it.

Reactions: 2 people

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
It was exclusive to the original, on a ds fat / lite (or maybe just the lite, I don't remember) because they were the only ones with a pressure sensitive touch screen. They can't add it to something that just can't support it. :/

Actually, after a bit of research just now, Nintendo have implemented it and apparently the 3DS does support pressure sensitivity. Look at around 0:25.
[yt]r3o3NS538sc[/yt]

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually, after a bit of research just now, Nintendo have implemented it and apparently the 3DS does support pressure sensitivity. Look at around 0:25.
[yt]r3o3NS538sc[/yt]
That's interesting! I wonder why Nintendo never wants to use it.

Can someone load up colors! DS and test the touch sensitivity on a 3DS?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

[yt]r3o3NS538sc[/yt]
That's interesting! I wonder why Nintendo never wants to use it.

Can someone load up colors! DS and test the touch sensitivity on a 3DS?

I was just doing so :P

Edit: Turns out I have to update the cart. Might take a few minutes.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, just tried it and it says:

Error 401: This device doesn't support pressure-sensitivity.

Though you can obviously still play the game, I can confirm the pressure sensitivity doesn't work. Though this may be due the 3DS not being released when Colours! was made, thus maybe the creator made Colours! in such a way that it only used pressure sensitivity when the game detected it was being played on a DS / DS Lite.

Which has just led me on to think: I do not see why the DSi doesn't support pressure sensitivity. Surely the screens work in the same way? Maybe Colours! required specific coding to make it work on the DS Lite and so it would need completely re-writing for the DSi.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Though you can obviously still play the game, I can confirm the pressure sensitivity doesn't work. Though this may be due the 3DS not being released when Colours! was made, thus maybe the creator made Colours! in such a way that it only used pressure sensitivity when the game detected it was being played on a DS / DS Lite.
Bingo, that's the reason.
And for those asking why Colors! 3D doesn't have pressure sensitivity, it's because Nintendo has forbidden it.XD No joke. -_-

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

And for those asking why Colors! 3D doesn't have pressure sensitivity, it's because Nintendo has forbidden it.XD No joke. -_-

Ahhh, so theoretically the creator of Colours! could have developed pressure sensitivity for the DSi (and released it as a separate version of the game) but chose not to.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ahhh, so theoretically the creator of Colours! could have developed pressure sensitivity for the DSi (and released it as a separate version of the game) but chose not to.
he would have needed a CycloDSi (or Sudokuhax) , BEFORE it was blocked.

would have been pointless imo.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

he would have needed a CycloDSi (or Sudokuhax) , BEFORE it was blocked.

would have been pointless imo.

Hmm... are you sure? :unsure: For it's not a DSi exclusive feature. That's quite interesting if he did need that actually.

Kasumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo DSi/XL support pressure, the hardware registers to read the values are not the same as for DS/DS Lite. Try Colors! 1.06 (which doesn't detect DSi consoles) on a DSi. In the settings menu, it allows you to set the pressure by pressing hard on one section of the screen and soft on another. On a DS/DS Lite, the numbers change depending on how hard you press. On a DSi, they're always zero. There's another program that supports pressure to control brush size, called animanatee. Same deal, it always returns 0 for the pressure values on a DSi. Nintendo either changed the hardware, or disallowed the low level access to the touch screen controller that returns these numbers. Colors 1.1 still fakes pressure on DSi by making opacity increase at a fixed value, but you can't go from max opacity to light mid stroke like you can on a DS lite.

Nintendo probably doesn't want to support pressure because they don't want to deal with support calls from people who (stupidly) pressed too hard and broke the screen. Also it even varies from DS Lite console to DS Lite console, but since it's not part of the actual system specifications, Nintendo didn't have to worry about keeping that part of their touch screen hardware consistent. Say some other company started offering a cheaper pressureless solution. They can save money with that switch without worrying about affecting current users.

Nintendogs for 3DS appears to detect pressure, but it's actually just a clever use of the microphone. If you tap the screen hard, it makes a louder noise the mic picks up. This setup wouldn't work for Colors! because artists would expect to be able to go from hard to soft midstroke which is obviously something the mic would not pick up. It only works for the initial tap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No matter the limit he always gives the tip