Gaming Colors! 3D almost here!

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
If Nintendo DSi/XL support pressure, the hardware registers to read the values are not the same as for DS/DS Lite. Try Colors! 1.06 (which doesn't detect DSi consoles) on a DSi. In the settings menu, it allows you to set the pressure by pressing hard on one section of the screen and soft on another. On a DS/DS Lite, the numbers change depending on how hard you press. On a DSi, they're always zero. There's another program that supports pressure to control brush size, called animanatee. Same deal, it always returns 0 for the pressure values on a DSi. Nintendo either changed the hardware, or disallowed the low level access to the touch screen controller that returns these numbers. Colors 1.1 still fakes pressure on DSi by making opacity increase at a fixed value, but you can't go from max opacity to light mid stroke like you can on a DS lite.
Or it may have just required separate coding. Both screens work in the same way so there's no reason why it couldn't have worked (theoretically).

Nintendogs for 3DS appears to detect pressure, but it's actually just a clever use of the microphone. If you tap the screen hard, it makes a louder noise the mic picks up. This setup wouldn't work for Colors! because artists would expect to be able to go from hard to soft midstroke which is obviously something the mic would not pick up. It only works for the initial tap.
Errmmm.... do you have any proof for this? I've seen numerous rumours about it using the mic, gryroscope and something else that is in fact not related to resistive screens at all. I'm willing to bet it does make use of the sensitivity, shame I don't have Nintendogs (first time i've said that lol :P) to try it out.

D

Deleted_171835

If Nintendo DSi/XL support pressure, the hardware registers to read the values are not the same as for DS/DS Lite. Try Colors! 1.06 (which doesn't detect DSi consoles) on a DSi. In the settings menu, it allows you to set the pressure by pressing hard on one section of the screen and soft on another. On a DS/DS Lite, the numbers change depending on how hard you press. On a DSi, they're always zero. There's another program that supports pressure to control brush size, called animanatee. Same deal, it always returns 0 for the pressure values on a DSi. Nintendo either changed the hardware, or disallowed the low level access to the touch screen controller that returns these numbers. Colors 1.1 still fakes pressure on DSi by making opacity increase at a fixed value, but you can't go from max opacity to light mid stroke like you can on a DS lite.
Or it may have just required separate coding. Both screens work in the same way so there's no reason why it couldn't have worked (theoretically).
No, the DSi just didn't have a pressure sensitive screen.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 3DS have pressure sensitivity?
Look up like... three posts.
I don't actually see the answer..
I just see people arguing about whether Nintendogs had it.
I believe the answer as of now is nobody really knows. xD
Nintendogs 3D seems to have it, but it could be something else since it only detects that first tap, and there's nothing else for us to go on. Colors DS pressure sensitivity doesn't work on the 3DS as it is now.

Also, I hate this upload limit thing. It gave me an error a few times while uploading Link, so it thinks I uploaded it a few extra times. Now I can't upload anything for a while. -.-
No idea what the limits are, but I asked on facebook. Hopefully I'll find an answer, just to know. c:

D

Deleted-236924

Simple. Block the mic with your finger and then you'll be able to figure out if Nintendogs uses the mic to detect how hard you tap the screen.
Unless the vibrations are carried through the 3DS itself.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the answer as of now is nobody really knows. xD
Nintendogs 3D seems to have it, but it could be something else since it only detects that first tap, and there's nothing else for us to go on. Colors DS pressure sensitivity doesn't work on the 3DS as it is now.

Also, I hate this upload limit thing. It gave me an error a few times while uploading Link, so it thinks I uploaded it a few extra times. Now I can't upload anything for a while. -.-
No idea what the limits are, but I asked on facebook. Hopefully I'll find an answer, just to know. c:
i have the same strange lines in playback on my computer too. hope those get fixed.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't a european member post earlier about the video trailer being in the e-shop? (Too lazy to see who it was...)

It's coming, don't you worry.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I forgot it was coming out.

I saw it on the eShop and instantly bought it. Going to try it out now.
It's pretty nice. I took one of the really nice images I found, fixed it up a little, exported it and used it as my computer's background. It looks really nice.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it make me a weirdo if im not excited about this?
If you like to draw on a tiny screen and are not excited about this, then yes, you are a weirdo. :P

Not related to the quoted post... I REALLY WISH I COULD UPLOAD. Finished an epic Dragonball picture. My first drawing with real 3D.

http://i.imgur.com/mww8r.jpg

Spent like, 95% in almost full zoom for about two hours (which is why it's so clean) but this is the best drawing I've ever done. xD
edit: looks gross on the computer though... >.>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.