Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Again...
WTF does "Pack KTimer struct" mean? Stevice10 just put in a new commit. (found it by chance not spam)

After like 7 hours it should be at least some progress, right? (not trying to be an ass)

Sorry, it should say: "Does anyone have an idea on what "Pack KTimer struct" mean?

Last edited by ,

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmm having to format my SD card? Gonna have to read more if i can copy back my data after cuz it would suck losing all my saves

so when this is released ..We downgrade to 9.2 (I assume this is the themable one ?) but the link that is noob friendly is for N3DS @.@ oh lord I hope when this is all said and done that there is one thread with everything perfectly laid out .....this is harder and more confusing then mailbombing back when I owned the first Wii @.@
There are plenty of friendly members who frequent the 3DS NOOB PARADISE thread (https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/) willing to assist and guide gw/cfw newbies. I'd recommend bookmarking the thread for future use.

Reactions: AshleyCummings

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
(what) does "Pack KTimer struct" mean? Stevice10 just put in a new commit. (found it by chance not spam)

A compiler may choose to align a structure for faster access. For example, on a 64-bit machine, the compiler may choose to align a pointer on a 64-bit boundary, even if that causes "extra space" in the structure. I believe (but am not certain) that the commit you are referring to was his ensuring that the compiler would not add any space to his structure for alignment purposes.

struct {
byte bRandomVal;
// Most compilers will insert padding here
// to ensure that pSomethingElse is aligned
// on a pointer-sized memory address. Thus:
// For 16-bit pointers, add 1 byte padding
// For 32-bit pointers, add 3 bytes padding
// For 64-bit pointers, add 7 bytes padding
void* pSomethingElse;
}

But, I've been wrong before.

Last edited by Selver,
Reactions: Pandaxclone2
D

Deleted User

A compiler may choose to align a structure for faster access. For example, on a 64-bit machine, the compiler may choose to align a pointer on a 64-bit boundary, even if that causes "extra space" in the structure. I believe (but am not certain) that the commit you are referring to was his ensuring that the compiler would not add any space to his structure for alignment purposes.

But, I've been wrong before.
Correct. It was adding extra space to my KTimer structure, throwing off field offsets.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News