Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinchoX

Azure Flame Kite
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well... it took me a long while (probably 2-3 hours?) to get from page 50 to 97.

Thanks for the USEFUL info provided in the past 47 pages or so guys, keep it up xD.
(Semi-sarcastic, because in the 47 pages I had to read to catch up, it was mostly hyped people and/or useless arguments, but it was worth it :P)

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well... it took me a long while (probably 2-3 hours?) to get from page 50 to 97.

Thanks for the USEFUL info provided in the past 47 pages or so guys, keep it up xD.
(Semi-sarcastic, because in the 47 pages I had to read to catch up, it was mostly hyped people and/or useless arguments, but it was worth it :P)

you make it sound like the first 49 pages weren't full of hyped people and useless arguments....

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Correct. It was adding extra space to my KTimer structure, throwing off field offsets.

Once you complete, which i fully support you, memchunkhax2.
Can you make it FBI compatible for legit CIAs like the one i got off a system that had it pre-installed so i can install it?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Once you complete, which i fully support you, memchunkhax2.
Can you make it FBI compatible for legit CIAs like the one i got off a system that had it pre-installed so i can install it?
I don't think you understand what this is..

D

Deleted-355425

so if you have a new 3DS thats over 9.2 but under 10... whats the best option to play backups or downgrade to 9.2 ? i dont really want to read back 97 pages :(

ValouIka

~de geso!
Trophies
Website
www.valou.fr.nf
XP
Country
France
so if you have a new 3DS thats over 9.2 but under 10... whats the best option to play backups or downgrade to 9.2 ? i dont really want to read back 97 pages :(

We don't know, if you're on N3DS and under 10.1, you might be able to use SNSHax and memchunkhax2 for downgrade, but if you are on O3DS 10.3 max or N3DS above 10.1, only memchunkhax2.

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've got some questions.

1. What will happen to my games that require a firmware higher than 9.2 when I downgrade (like Ironfall)? Will they fuck up the process or something?

2. I recall reading that opening Title Manager on either SysNAND or EmuNAND (can't recall which) would brick the console, is this true?

3. Should I have a way of using The Homebrew Launcher on SysNAND or on EmuNAND?

4. If I use something like Masher's Grid Launcher which lets you launch titles on EmuNAND, will something happen?

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got some questions.

1. What will happen to my games that require a firmware higher than 9.2 when I downgrade (like Ironfall)? Will they fuck up the process or something?

2. I recall reading that opening Title Manager on either SysNAND or EmuNAND (can't recall which) would brick the console, is this true?

4. If I use something like Masher's Grid Launcher which lets you launch titles on EmuNAND, will something happen?
  1. I don't think so. But be careful about savegames.
  2. This isn't.
  3. Yes.
  4. No.

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got some questions.

1.) ->emuNand

2.) the Titlemanager of SystemSettings deletes installed software of your SDCard, when your sysNand and emuNand are linked. It shouldnt brick(you also dont need to use TitleManager)

3.) You need access to homebrewlauncher to downgrade, that is the only part where homebrew launcher is needed

4.) No

EDIT: got ninja´d (8

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
  1. I don't think so. But be careful about savegames.
  2. This isn't.
  3. Yes.
  4. No.

1. Yeah... I have nothing important (besides Ironfall).

2. Alright.

3. No, I meant if I should have a way to get into THL on either SysNAND or EmuNAND or both.

4. Alright.

Another question. Since I have Ocarina Of Time 3D, should I install oot3dhax just in case? And for 9.2 or 10.1 (version I am in)?

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. Yeah... I have nothing important (besides Ironfall).

2. Alright.

3. No, I meant if I should have a way to get into THL on either SysNAND or EmuNAND or both.

4. Alright.

Another question. Since I have Ocarina Of Time 3D, should I install oot3dhax just in case? And for 9.2 or 10.1 (version I am in)?
3. You will need a way to run the Homebrew Launcher on sysNAND, for the current version you are in.

Reactions: Zidapi

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
1.) ->emuNand
What do you mean by this? It's not because i'm scared of losing my games, since I can just install a .cia of it later, it's because i'm worried it may screw up the process in some way (like Home Menu giving an error because it has things that couldn't be installed normally, in this case, a game that requires a higher firmware)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

3. You will need a way to run the Homebrew Launcher on sysNAND, for the current version you are in.

I mean AFTER installing EmuNAND and rxTools.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have a game that needs higher firmware, my guess is that it'll sit there and not load until you update.

Reactions: Zidapi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: cuz i got high, cuz i got high, cuz i got high