Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm down, it would have been nice if she could help, but there are plenty of people working on this project, there was no gain nor loss

Luksor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi everyone!
I have a N3DS on 10.1, will SNSHax or Memchunkhax2 allow me to make a NAND backup before the downgrade or is hardmod the only solution?

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We just lost a dev who was working on something major and could have elevated us to new heights.

Such a tiny loss. /s
As much as I dont like losing a dev she 1. Had nothing posted and 2. was unlikely to finish the exploit before the team of 4 or 5 people who have been working on it for like 2 days

Reactions: Coleman_C18

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
We just lost a dev who was working on something major and could have elevated us to new heights.

Such a tiny loss. /s

I really love when people make dramas. Do you really think that if she/he was really interested in doing that kind of work, having the only approval of a small community, of a small forum, would have such a impact on her/him? We are talking of a major exploit, her/his name as a hacker could easily go around the whole web, and be mentioned in every site related to 3DS hacking, and even general video games websites, given the importance of the news. There wasn't anything serious going around here, and if you stop to think two seconds, you will realize it. This person had other reasons (time, will to do it, etc) to make him/her not work on this project.

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hoping we will get a "guide for idiots" when stuff are released, because i'm not sure I understand correctly lol, all I seem to understand (tell me if i'm wrong)

I'm on N3DS XL 10,3, and I would be able to downgrade to 9.2 to install CFW, that will let me play 3DS roms right?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping we will get a "guide for idiots" when stuff are released, because i'm not sure I understand correctly lol, all I seem to understand (tell me if i'm wrong)

I'm on N3DS XL 10,3, and I would be able to downgrade to 9.2 to install CFW, that will let me play 3DS roms right?
yes, basically, once you're on 9.2 sysnand.

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes, basically, once you're on 9.2 sysnand.

And that sysnand is a different "OS" that is independant from the OS the 3DS normally boots on, and i'd be able to update that "sysnand OS" for games that would require higher FW?

So exemple I could have my 3DS FW on 9.2 and that sysnand FW to 10.X ?

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
And that sysnand is a different "OS" that is independant from the OS the 3DS normally boots on, and i'd be able to update that "sysnand OS" for games that would require higher FW?

So exemple I could have my 3DS FW on 9.2 and that sysnand FW to 10.X ?
You're thinking of emunand.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the way that it works is you usually use an exploit to go into "emunand". emunand is, in short, running a fake NAND from your [micro]SD card. this would let you use 10.3 (or 9.5 on New 3DS currently, this might change) while keeping your system on 9.2 still.

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the way that it works is you usually use an exploit to go into "emunand". emunand is, in short, running a fake NAND from your [micro]SD card. this would let you use 10.3 (or 9.5 on New 3DS currently, this might change) while keeping your system on 9.2 still.

Wait so sysnand is the term used for the 'default 3DS OS"?

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sysnand refers to the OS installed into your 3DS. emunand refers to an "emulated" version of it on your [micro]SD card.

Ok hoping this is my last comment on that and sorry for being noob :P

(of course these are all steps when stuff is released)

1) Downgrade Sysnand from 10.3 to 9.2
2) Install the exploit for emunand
3) Boot on Emunand and install the CIA games I need and update the Emunand FW if needed to keep playing games that requires higher FW either to play or to access online features

in resume that would be something like that?

D

Deleted User

3) Boot on Emunand and install the CIA games I need and update the Emunand FW if needed to keep playing games that requires higher FW either to play or to access online features

Correct.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pretty much.

common ways of entering custom firmware would be menuhax (which runs the *hax 2.5 payload), and MSET Downgrading which refers to downgrading System Settings to one that is vulnerable to the "DS Profile Exploit". menuhax is usually more convenient.

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even tho I seem to have the steps, it feels complicated, but I learn more by viewing stuff, so hoping there will a "guide for noobs" :P Anyway thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...