Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, if you want to play GBA games on the 3DS, VC is the only decent option. If you want to help out the developers of these different emulators, that's great and feel free to test for them. I wouldn't consider them a viable option for someone looking for something playable, though, yet.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VC: Virtual Console. It is what Nintendo has older Games Designated as. So if for example Nintendo has old GBA, GB/GBC, DS Games on the 3DS, they use their Emulator which they call Virtual Console.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mother 3 is particularly hard to emulate, and I'm surprised the VC is even able to do it reliably.

The game's timing loop can be thrown off easily and you won't be able to land combos in battle at all.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mother 3 is particularly hard to emulate, and I'm surprised the VC is even able to do it reliably.

The game's timing loop can be thrown off easily and you won't be able to land combos in battle at all.
That's because it's not really emulated, at least most of it isn't. It's more like a virtual machine with how it's handled.

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
That's because it's not really emulated, at least most of it isn't. It's more like a virtual machine with how it's handled.
Actually, the system contains basically most of the GBA's hardware inside of it
Mother 3 lags out on some places but IIRC it has to do with some badly done optimization with the english patch

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the system contains basically most of the GBA's hardware inside of it
Mother 3 lags out on some places but IIRC it has to do with some badly done optimization with the english patch
That's why I put "most of it isn't". Some of it still has to be emulated, but not much.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finally got HB_ReprotectMemory removed in favor of a straight call to svcControlProcessMemory, going to try porting everything over to .cia tonight probably (and adding offsets for firmwares 9.3-9.7 along with that).
So did you get it to work as a CIA? I just tried to build it (from the github source) and I get an "an error has occurred" after the "3DS" boot animation.

EDIT: I did what aliaspider suggested in that comment (the cheapest and most certainly worst option, reduced ROM_TRANSLATION_CACHE_SIZE to 2MB) and now the emu works, hehe

It sure feels great to have a fast GBA emulator in a installable CIA!
But for some reason dynarec works only under rxTools' devmode (or isn't compatible with my 9.9 emunand).
There's also an error message after we close it (via "X"), just like what happens to Micro SD Management.

Attachments

• CitrAGB.rar
    648.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by piratesephiroth,

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope all advises did not work, I used a difrent region rom, i uptaded mGBA but its still slow :sad:
Are you using a o3ds or an n3ds? The mgba emulator is somewhat slow on o3ds, some games do have patches that can partialy or fully fix there speed. But i have not needed them so i havent realy searched if fire-red has one. And mgba crashes randomly last time i checked, it can be within a few seconds or even half an hour can pass. EDIT: also use the latest nightly version not the alpha1 version Edit END:

Roazer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you using a o3ds or an n3ds? The mgba emulator is somewhat slow on o3ds, some games do have patches that can partialy or fully fix there speed. But i have not needed them so i havent realy searched if fire-red has one. And mgba crashes randomly last time i checked, it can be within a few seconds or even half an hour can pass. EDIT: also use the latest nightly version not the alpha1 version Edit END:
I use a o3ds, So you dont know how to fix it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1