Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

7ank0v1c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since the BIOS has become a bit of a topic, I'll just leave this here:

It's a legal way to get the official BIOS, for those that have a GBA flashcart. It's very barebones and you can patch it for your GBA flashcart, just it does make a save file that's twice too big. It will dump fine, you just need to go in with a hex editor and remove the empty space, which is the latter half of the file. Just start it up, and once the crap on the screen goes green, it's done. Just let your flashcart write the save to your SD card, clean up the empty data with a hex editor, and then rename it gba_bios.bin. There you go, you have your own official GBA BIOS legally.

It will work on DSs as well, as long as you're using a GBA flashcart and running it in GBA mode. I'm not trying to shove the legal option down anyone's throat, just pointing it out for anyone interested.

Could you please re-link that file? i desperatley want to get the BIOS legally and am using an EZ Flash IV cart but it doesnt work with anything else?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by VinsCool,
Reactions: Seriel

ajc11196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey-- not sure if this is still updated but im trying to run this on my O3ds and I just get a black screen. I used FBI to install and have all the files either in the root or in the file folder. Is there somthing im doing wrong?

Vulpes-Vulpeos

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
D

Deleted User

Yeah, you should choose Virtual Console injects for the O3DS system. Get an N3DS/N2DS system for mGBA.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Silly question, but is mGBA superior to GBA VC injections in terms of speed?
Dunno exactly. But having in account that GBA VC injection runs on native mode (is not emulation), then I would say that injection is better than emu (just because that).

On the other hand, an emulator like mGBA have the possibility to increase frames rate (also, to adjust them), but the more frames increased the less accuracy obtained, if you will. Just my humble opinion

Last edited by fmkid,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno exactly. But having in account that GBA VC injection runs on native mode (is not emulation), then I would say that injection is better than emu (just because that).

On the other hand, an emulator like mGBA have the possibility to increase frames rate (also, to adjust them), but the more frames increased the less accuracy obtained, if you will. Just my humble opinion

I just want more features like save state, which VC doesn't have for GBA, no real scaling or filter options. I'd figure mGBA would have to use garbage frameskip.

michele59

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
gpSP/CitrAGB Compatibility Lists Are;

Legends
Works - Playable/Very Playable
Few Issues Occurr - Playable/Very Playable/Working/Not Playable
Issues - Working/Not Playable
Doesn't Work - Unplayable

Commercial Games List
007 Everything or Nothing: Works:)
Classic NES Series: Garbled black image on In-Game Screen, White Screens Crackling Noises after Load this Sleep Mode:hateit:
Rayman Advance Raving Rabbids: Works but White Lines on Anti-Piracy Health-Warning Screen.:rofl2:

michele59

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Only game I tried was Metroid Zero Mission but I get nothing. The emu just seems to crash or freeze upon selecting a folder or game.
I'll check my structure again to be sure. My gba_bios.bin sha1sum checks okay with a figure I found online. I have it at the root along with the rom and the config.txt.

Ninjhax shows v1.1b when I start cubic ninja, of course.

EDIT: I may have simply been too impatient. The demo is running now but it just takes a long while to get it running once you select it. They delay is over a minute, so very long.
Uses the gpSPDC or UO gpSP Kai or Caanoo-gpSP or gpSP2X or gpSPLibretro

michele59

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unplayable/Not Playable
Classic nes Series gba
Megaman 0
PocketNES
Playable
007 (Goldeneye) Everything or Nothing
Cologne
Crash bandicoot XS
Flintstones advance
James Bond 007 NightFire

Mario Kart Super Circuit
Megaman Battle Network 3
Megaman Battle network 4
Mr. Driller 2
Mr. Driller A Fushigi na pacteria
MSXAdvance
Rayman Advance Raving Rabbids
Rockman EXE 4.5 the real operation
Super Mario Advance 1
Super Mario Advance 2
Super Mario Advance 3 (Requires the S-Ram Patch to work correctly)
Super Mario Advance 4 (Requires the S-Ram Patch to work correctly)
Working/Not Playable
Goomba Color
Sims 2 Pets, The

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Uses mGBA Instead!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche