Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Wonder when will Pokemon XY would be fixed....Hm....
There were suspicions about Citra's poor audio emulation being the culprit behind the freezes of Pokémon X/Y if I recall correctly and some work was being done about it sometime before the performance boosting update. I wonder what happened to that

Reactions: Fooni

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you ping me here when Luigi's Mansion audio is fixed? i tested it today and same result just as you said.
Wonder when will Pokemon XY would be fixed....Hm....
There's no audio fix for Luigi's Mansion. That game's audio is broken especially on 25-30FPS(my decent speed for this game)

Wrzl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I recall correctly, one of citra's devs is working on reverse engineering the audio chip. After that they can LLE the 3DS audio, which should fix many issues, although probably at the cost of some processing power. However, it doesn‘t seem as if that is going to arrive anytime soon.

Reactions: Fooni

Desmondchaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@valentinvanelslande
So what do these new modes actually do? I've looked at your commits and I still don't quite understand what is different between Auto, Accurate, and Fixed. Which of these is like what we had before the update, and what do the other two do?

valentinvanelslande

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@valentinvanelslande
So what do these new modes actually do? I've looked at your commits and I still don't quite understand what is different between Auto, Accurate, and Fixed. Which of these is like what we had before the update, and what do the other two do?
Before update: Fixed

Accurate: Adds the ticks of the ticks parameter.
Auto: If the game is Pokémon, adds 14000 ticks (for fmv hack and fixes), if game is Tomodachi Life, adds 570 ticks (for audio fix), if is not Pokémon or Tomodachi Life, changes the mode to Accurate.
Fixed: Adds the ticks of the CPU JIT AddTicks Ticks setting.

Last edited by valentinvanelslande,

Sefer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey there,

could someone give me a hint how to use the cheats feature of valentinvanelslande's build? I tried it with pasting the hex values from https://github.com/JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES/tree/master/Cheats (was mentioned in one of his tickets) but none work even if I restart the game... Or do I have to find them by myself?

Unfortunately I was nowhere able to find an explanation for his build.

EDIT: Game - Pokemon Ultra Moon (Update 1.2)

I am not able to apply IPS patches since the game is in CXI and I cannot repack it with the tools given. Now I found this and was hoping to get it to work :-)

Last edited by Sefer,

valentinvanelslande

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hey there,

could someone give me a hint how to use the cheats feature of valentinvanelslande's build? I tried it with pasting the hex values from https://github.com/JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES/tree/master/Cheats (was mentioned in one of his tickets) but none work even if I restart the game... Or do I have to find them by myself?

Unfortunately I was nowhere able to find an explanation for his build.

EDIT: Game - Pokemon Ultra Moon (Update 1.2)

I am not able to apply IPS patches since the game is in CXI and I cannot repack it with the tools given. Now I found this and was hoping to get it to work :-)
Most cheats do not work in Citra.

_Bojack_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice work on the GPu render relase !

Just tried Valentins 188 build.

Dunno whats going on with the GPU render and how it utilizes the GPU, but it never seems to max mine out (780classifed oc'ed to 780ti), at most 87%, and its unable to run Mh4U in village at 100% at anything over 2x res using Accurate jit (accurate hardware shader off).
That being said, using Accurate jit i can run 5x (I pref 7x on 60fps games and 10x on 30 fps games) and maintain 89-92% in village, 100% outside, havn't gone into any major encounters yet. I also noted that FMVs are full speed in mh4u now with Accurate jit, which is nice.

While this speed was mostly capable (around 80%-100%) in the older CPU renderer (FMV were super slow), depending on build, it did requir around 5000 added ticks which added some annoying stutter and ofc dropped the actual FPS.

There are also some graphical glitches/artifacts, effects cause by the ChargeBlade morphing for example, that have been added by the GPU renderer that were not present on the CPU render.

I'd say, for Mh4U atleast, its VERY close to be perfectly playable from a speed perspective.

Looking forward to the tweeks various people make to GPU render builds :)

Last edited by _Bojack_,

bayurex

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Before update: Fixed

Accurate: Adds the ticks of the ticks parameter.
Auto: If the game is Pokémon, adds 14000 ticks (for fmv hack and fixes), if game is Tomodachi Life, adds 570 ticks (for audio fix), if is not Pokémon or Tomodachi Life, changes the mode to Accurate.
Fixed: Adds the ticks of the CPU JIT AddTicks Ticks setting.
so what the best setting for monster hunter games? especially for mhxx
and why we can't change ticks while the game is running anymore?
when against astalos, fps becomes down and requires at least 50000 addticks and native resolution(
at least for my potato computer)

valentinvanelslande

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so what the best setting for monster hunter games? especially for mhxx
I don't know what settings are the best for xx
Priority Boost: Enabled
Ticks Mode: Fixed
Ticks: 40000
Ticks: 14000
Ticks: 60000
why we can't change ticks while the game is running anymore?
because the ticks are copied to a variable when the game is opened, and nothing will happen after changing them.

midoraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ah ok. Thx. I think i would update then only if there will be update that fixed graphical glitches for me soon. They still pretty annoying when there is beast palico in party in beast mode.

Desmondchaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RNabuco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mr. Valentin

Can you please tell me a bit about the keyboard mode?

I didn´t understood how to use it or if it´s just a in development mode

Thanks for your work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.