Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by masaki88, Jun 23, 2016.

1. MerryMage

MerryMage Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2016
    United States
    Emulation relies on timing. One tick is equivalent to 3.8 nanoseconds.

So why does mucking around with the emulated time do weird things? Because events need to happen at certain times after each other. If events do not happen at their specified times, weird things happen.

Does fiddling with emulated time fix bugs? No, it just hides them, and introduces new ones.

Why do you get speedups when adding ticks? You're basically underclocking the emulated CPU really hackily. There are better ways to implement an underclock. You may also be skipping processing of certain events, which speeds things up because you're doing less work. (*looks at Y2R*)

Basically you're messing around with the emulated clock and hoping something good happens.

Last edited by MerryMage, Mar 11, 2018
    DaMan, AceofZeroz, NiagA and 6 others like this.
  2. Desmondchaser

Desmondchaser Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    I've been using Valentin's newest build, and excellent job on the new GPU rendering guys at Citra! However, I am now experiencing artifacts on GPU mode. In the upper left corner red glitchy triangles keep occuring. I'm using GTX 1060 6GB version. Is there a solution to this issue?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oooops. My mistake. This glitch only happens in MH4U. Also, Canary Citra just crashes when I try to run MH4U period.

3. Lunos

Lunos GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    Holy shit. I just thought about trying the update with sound enabled and I'm noticing that Pokémon Omega Ruby IS working!
    Even though the screen is completely black, I can hear loud and clear the menus, the battles, the music, everything!
    I have to say, the performance boost IS noticeable. The game was running at like 10-12 FPS on Route 116 before while now it runs at 20-25 FPS.
    Battles have increased from 12-14 to around 25-30! Even the touchscreen works correctly!
    So it does work, really. Oh man, this update truly IS awesome.

AceofZeroz likes this.
  4. kira1000

kira1000 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2010
    Australia
    Which unofficial builds are most likely to contain the FCRAM fix? Much as I love the work that Citra has done on the new update, one of the main games I want to play gives the FCRAM assertion crash.

5. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    I'll get onto it later is very simple fix that helps 98% of New 3ds games, only braking the new old home menu.
    https://github.com/Jhon591/citra/commit/6275ff0adce2797e6cacf46db615e8825c245f91

It been quite a while and since i did any think, Some merges became hard to re base.

AceofZeroz and carlosfg like this.
  6. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    He did his cheats not long ago, Will check if would cheat search would compile under mingw
    https://github.com/makotech222/citra/branches
    Are if not I may have to Separate again.

Edit: No go on the cheat search side for Mingw compile Fail, Will have to Separate again for cheats only.

Last edited by drwhojan, Mar 11, 2018
    AceofZeroz and carlosfg like this.
  7. Vaskie

Vaskie Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    Last night i gave a go at Valentin's build, and changed the JIT Ticks to 25000 and Luigi's Mansion 2 was running pretty much perfect. Unfortunately it still crashes at the same place, on the first fight with the Ghost taking a shower.

Is there a way around the crash ?

Last edited by Vaskie, Mar 11, 2018
    valentinvanelslande likes this.
  8. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind
  9. valentinvanelslande

valentinvanelslande GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    Mexico
    Cancún
    Update the Citra (new builds adds movie support to Qt frontend), send me the qt-config.ini and a movie

NiagA likes this.
  10. Vaskie

Vaskie Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    I can do it later today, i will record the entire gameplay up until it happens and send you the qt-config.ini

It happens on every build no matter unofficial/canary/nightly/etc

11. Desmondchaser

Desmondchaser Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    Sorry to be a bother. Like I posted before, I'm curious if anyone has had the triangle artifacts with MH4U using OpenGL (GPU setting)? Also, if anyone knows a decent work around?

EDIT: Nevermind, I discovered it was an issue exclusive to the JIT tick settings I had. apparently 3000 or higher JIT Ticks causes artifacts through GPU setting. Don't know why this didn't happen in previous builds (before the GPU rendering update)... but oh well. I just set it below and works great. MH4U runs amazingly well with low JIT ticks on the newer builds.

Last edited by Desmondchaser, Mar 11, 2018
  12. valentinvanelslande

Jul 8, 2017
    Mexico
    Cancún
    As it happens in all the builds, don't send me anything

13. midoraku

midoraku Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2017
    Russia
    @Desmondchaser i have those artifacts in mhgen/xx too even on canary - not only in valentine's. And to be honest - on build without ticks they even more intensive for me. My friend on completely another pc have them too - so i think thats just a bug of gpu render for this games. And i hope devs already know bout them.

14. Vaskie

Vaskie Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    That's perfectly fine. It's probably something that isn't being emulated as of yet unfortunately. It's one of the games i am most looking forward to playing through with a high internal resolution

15. Fooni

Fooni Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2015
    United States
    Manitowoc, WI
    How is Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Pokemon XY with the new Citra speed? can anyone test those for me? or any updates on those games?

16. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Weegee's Mansion runs fine for me. Got decent FPS on the latest Canary BTW until it dropped frames when there are too many polygons showed up in one place. Pokemon X and Y had full speed like a year ago tbh. As for the game itself, still not playable for the past 3 years.

Fooni and xmeee978 like this.
  17. Inthor

Inthor Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    Brazil
    Any unofficial version of citra with GPU code that supports cheats?

18. valentinvanelslande

Jul 8, 2017
    Mexico
    Cancún
    xmeee978 likes this.
  19. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    That's weird, I also have a 1060 like @Desmondchaser and haven't noticed any artifacts on @valentinvanelslande 's build, though I set the ticks to 0 since they're really only necessary for FMVs with the GPU update. Is there any part in specific in Generations where the artifacts appear for you?

20. midoraku

midoraku Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2017
    Russia
    any monster with light effects or sorta - astalos have this stuff when charged, agnaktor have it on V.Hollow location (maybe location itself). Just a bit of it was on brachydos on D.Island when enraged and etc. Past pages test videos must have some of this glitches recorded esp. canary astalos one i think.

maybe this have smtng to do with driver version tho? i did not updated from 388.13 still cause for 660ti updates is dam roulette and better not to without reason.

Last edited by midoraku, Mar 12, 2018