Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by masaki88, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    That's weird, I also have a 1060 like @Desmondchaser and haven't noticed any artifacts on @valentinvanelslande 's build, though I set the ticks to 0 since they're really only necessary for FMVs with the GPU update. Is there any part in specific in Generations where the artifacts appear for you?

2. midoraku

midoraku Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2017
    Russia
    any monster with light effects or sorta - astalos have this stuff when charged, agnaktor have it on V.Hollow location (maybe location itself). Just a bit of it was on brachydos on D.Island when enraged and etc. Past pages test videos must have some of this glitches recorded esp. canary astalos one i think.

maybe this have smtng to do with driver version tho? i did not updated from 388.13 still cause for 660ti updates is dam roulette and better not to without reason.

Last edited by midoraku, Mar 12, 2018
  3. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind
  4. _BW_

_BW_ Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Antarctica
    I get occasional artifacts described above regardless of what quest area I'm in and what ticks settings I use so that shouldn't be the cause. It's negligible so far so it hasn't bothered me one bit.

5. EdyMaster

EdyMaster Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2018
    Brazil
    I think this update did not favor MH4U much. Some effects disappear when in GPU mode and others cause artifacts (such as visual effects of Might Seed and Adamant Seed). In addition, despite increased speed, stuttering is more frequent. It's still too early to celebrate this update, needs a polish before being "awesome."

6. _BW_

_BW_ Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Antarctica
    I don't get any stutter in 4U and the missing effects only causes me to pay more attention. The artifacts are random enough for me to ignore them entirely. The only noticeable issue is that roars really tank the framerate. All in all, it went from sort of playable to very playable so this is a huge win in my book.

Last edited by _BW_, Mar 12, 2018
  7. Edgarska

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    The update itself is a huge improvement. Saying it's not good because some games don't work well is idiotic, specially considering MH games have always been troublesome for emulation.

jroweboy, AceofZeroz, RNabuco and 2 others like this.
  8. EdyMaster

EdyMaster Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2018
    Brazil
    You are right.

9. _BW_

_BW_ Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Antarctica
    How many games are showing artifacts and/or missing effects? I'm testing The mercenaries 3D and it seems to have the exact same behavior as MH games. MT framework shenanigans maybe?

10. jonaand

jonaand GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Uruguay
    where get this build
    anyone make this in zippyshere like before

11. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Just game fixes mostly, no speedups.

Mingw: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Jhno591/citra/build/1.0.99/job/1c22p0d9qxrh0v5u/artifacts
    Msvc: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Jhno591/citra/build/1.0.99/job/wmni0vkbs65qlsv9/artifacts

Change Log
    https://github.com/Jhon591/citra/commits/master

I know @valentinvanelslande must be better, But not done any testing of his version sadly.

All i need to do now is add the Cheats left over.
    It's gonna take some time getting back to where I was at back when xd.

(Note) #3440 was casing Minecraft crash at startup, So not quite stable, So just use old way of fixing Oasis and Minecraft, And many New 3DS games.

Last edited by drwhojan, Mar 12, 2018
  12. valentinvanelslande

valentinvanelslande GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    Mexico
    Cancún
    in my builds >=186 there will be a ticks mode option, with Accurate should be fixed

AceofZeroz, Keishiayy and xmeee978 like this.
  13. PureEvil

PureEvil Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2018
    Indonesia
    amazing progress. even on my old gt650m still get decent boost. any 1050 above will be blast.

EdyMaster and Adam the Grim like this.
  14. Fooni

Fooni Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2015
    United States
    Manitowoc, WI
    Can you ping me here when Luigi's Mansion audio is fixed? i tested it today and same result just as you said.
    Wonder when will Pokemon XY would be fixed....Hm....

15. Lunos

Lunos GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    There were suspicions about Citra's poor audio emulation being the culprit behind the freezes of Pokémon X/Y if I recall correctly and some work was being done about it sometime before the performance boosting update. I wonder what happened to that

Fooni likes this.
  16. Edgarska

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    Did something change in the latest build aside from that? The UI looks weird and I can't change ticks while the game is running anymore, on the mingw version.

xmeee978 likes this.
  17. valentinvanelslande

valentinvanelslande GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    Mexico
    Cancún
    Last edited by valentinvanelslande, Mar 13, 2018
    xmeee978 likes this.
  18. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    There's no audio fix for Luigi's Mansion. That game's audio is broken especially on 25-30FPS(my decent speed for this game)

19. Fooni

Fooni Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2015
    United States
    Manitowoc, WI
    Wonder who's going to fix it, this could only mean that the new luigi's mansion is going to suffer the same thing.

20. Wrzl

Wrzl Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    If I recall correctly, one of citra's devs is working on reverse engineering the audio chip. After that they can LLE the 3DS audio, which should fix many issues, although probably at the cost of some processing power. However, it doesn‘t seem as if that is going to arrive anytime soon.

Fooni likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice