Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

pokehunter87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
What build are you using and does it have the multiplayer tab?
If the build you're using doesn't have multiplayer, you can't trade.

If it does, here's the little guide. No need for a video tutorial as it's basically easy to do:
1. Open Citra
2. Go to Multiplayer and join Public Server
3. Type in any username
4. Join an empty server
5. Do that to the other Citra folder
6. Play the same game or different game(first folder have Moon while the second folder have Sun). Make sure it's a different save or it won't work.
7. Go to Festival Plaza(or PSS in XYORAS)
8. Connect to the internet and save
9. Wait until it's done loading
10. Done
i have connected to the internet and saved but still in the guest list my other save is not showing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have connected to the internet and saved but still in the guest list my other save is not showing
whenever someone is sending me trade request my screen is turning black and again standing in front of the plaza

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@drwhojan Only problem I can see at the moment is some of the textures not being scaled/filtered.

Sickc Build: It has better texture scaling, but causes Pokemon to be split in half. Also messes up Pokemon sprites in Poke Pelago.

Your latest build: Shadows, grass and stuff don't seem to scale, but Pokemon aren't mucked up. Lol

Comparison in Spoilers; It's a 2k image
Untitled.png

Last edited by Serfrost,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@drwhojan Only problem I can see at the moment is some of the textures not being scaled/filtered.
Sickc Build: It has better texture scaling, but causes Pokemon to be split in half. Also messes up Pokemon sprites in Poke Pelago.
Your latest build: Shadows, grass and stuff don't seem to scale, but Pokemon aren't mucked up. Lol
Comparison in Spoilers; It's a 2k image
Untitled.png

I'm not a programmer, just a merger.

I see https://github.com/Phanto-m/citra/branches is using texcache2 that Sickc build is using, although good textures faster speed, I checked a few games with this, and was breaking some games up are even slowing down some games FMV but not all like pokemon X FMV , Kid stalls at startup est.

So I used texcache-rebase with some mingw fixes from texcache2 branch, that worked, games good speed and can compile in both msvc and mingw.
But that branch not good maybe at textures...

Who knows maybe he update his branch again some time soon :) .

Reactions: Serfrost

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I'm not blaming you. Just highlighting some peculiarities and something to look at in future content. x]

Na it's OK man, lets just hope in future i have the one good eye to see any think.. just 25 years of type1 diabetes starting to cadge up a bit, with bleeding in one, but having eye laser surgery to make sure it stays Ok that way :)

PeterAn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Test two builds of sickc and drwhojan, if you try add cheat No Outlines and Instant Messages so use function "pokemon refresh" will crash game but if you try rom UM/US with hexcode No Outlines path rom so two builds and use the function "pokemon refresh" crash game too but use original rom add code No Outlines with build of drwhojan no crash but code inactive.. i'm fatigue lol xD

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Test two builds of sickc and drwhojan, if you try add cheat No Outlines and Instant Messages so use function "pokemon refresh" will crash game but if you try rom UM/US with hexcode No Outlines path rom so two builds and use the function "pokemon refresh" crash game too but use original rom add code No Outlines with build of drwhojan no crash but code inactive.. i'm fatigue lol xD

Use Drwhojan's build with a hex-edited no-line .3ds of Moon / Ultra Moon. And Pokemon Refresh works for me as well, using the aforementioned.

Using a hex-edited no-line with Sickc, I don't think it works--as it auto-patches some of the code for no-lines but not all of it. It'll have the game hang on a black screen when trying to use a hex-edited version instead of a vanilla version. The lines aren't removed in battles, when using the auto-patch from the Sickc build, too. This is why I'm staying with Drwhojan's now.

With Drwhojan's build, I'm having 0 problems. The only downfall is some of the textures being blocky like in the comparison image, but that is a very small bug in comparison to what Sickc's breaks or doesn't do.

Na it's OK man, lets just hope in future i have the one good eye to see any think.. just 25 years of type1 diabetes starting to cadge up a bit, with bleeding in one, but having eye laser surgery to make sure it stays Ok that way :)

That really sucks man. :/ I just have degenerative disc disease & arthritis @ the age of 24.

Hopefully things stay well for you.

Last edited by Serfrost,

mohan226

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Can anyone confirm if the Hall of fame bug exists in Pokemon USUM?
Also,
@tabnk I've been using your 14/10 build. It works way better for me than the sickc and drwhojan builds. Will we get any kind of update? I use a laptop with i3-5010U and GT 930M. I'm getting more than 23-24 FPS even if I play on 3x native and more than 30 in battles. I'm not getting anything near that in other versions.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone confirm if the Hall of fame bug exists in Pokemon USUM?
Also,
@tabnk I've been using your 14/10 build. It works way better for me than the sickc and drwhojan builds. Will we get any kind of update? I use a laptop with i3-5010U and GT 930M. I'm getting more than 23-24 FPS even if I play on 3x native and more than 30 in battles. I'm not getting anything near that in other versions.
I've seen a video that someone surpass that issue. Not sure if he uses one of the unofficial builds or Canary build. I don't play Pokemon on Citra since I have my own 3DS and a copy of the game.

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What is up with the last few builds that are posted?

my games run at 20fps (or even 10) and the emulator states it is 100% (while it clearly is not)
Stuttering all over the place too.

Last "normal" build was the 14 october one, all the others are absolute garbage.

joaozin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Thanks to the friend for the fantastic builds citra that VC offers aki in the forums
drwhojan :yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::D:D:D:D:D:):):):):)

drwhojan Subscribe there on my YouTube channel thanks to my friend

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Thanks to the friend for the fantastic builds citra that VC offers aki in the forums
drwhojan :yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::D:D:D:D:D:):):):):)
drwhojan Subscribe there on my YouTube channel thanks to my friend

Nice one thanks for posing, let is know if can play Mario Maker "Without having to delete saves".

Are you using a ICore ?, i get no where nr that FPS on AMD...

Last edited by drwhojan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone