Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by masaki88, Jun 23, 2016.

1. legend80

legend80 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2016
    United States
    So could someone help provide a build and/or CoreTiming AddTicks value that can make audio in DKCR run properly, when the video is running at ~200%?

2. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Love how the Official Nightly/Canary Builds allow Gateway Cheats, and a good amount of the Games I have work perfectly......with some exceptions/Issues. But DKCR still will not boot. Shows 100% Speed, 0FPS, and around 6.00ms Frames.
    Some Games like Urban Trial Freestyle, when at the Main Screen, seems like it is running VERY fast. Then In-Game, it is perfect. But UTF2, the Dark/Shadow Areas are a problem.
    Toy Stunt Bike causes the Program to Close, some Levels of NSMB2-GE cause the Speed/FPS to slow down.

3. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    I don't think there's ever a build that can fix the audio for DKCR. Not even the AddTick hack can fix that problem. So your best bet is wait for official fix for that game.

Keep in mind that drwhojan isn't a programmer but a merger. So don't ask him to fix audio.

drwhojan likes this.
  4. legend80

legend80 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Thanks for the info. If true, that's fine. It just sounded though from drwhojan (top of page) that sound was working properly at one point, but maybe I just read too much into that.

"Not sure what build where you using, sound issue was fixed a while ago, but my new build did not run it well be four freezing as the citra team changed the core ticks, hard to tune in the timing correctly to its best.."

5. DJPlace

DJPlace The Hater of Sony Censor Ship!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    is DLC ever going be supported?

6. Smoker1

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
  7. DJPlace

DJPlace The Hater of Sony Censor Ship!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
  8. Smoker1

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Then I dont think so. Basically, the Roms, Updates, and DLC have to be Decrypted. otherwise, you will get a Error. There are a good amount of places with them. Might not be what you are looking for...... . Look for .cxi Files, Decrypted .3ds, and also might be able to use Decrypted .cia Files.

9. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    You might have a point about un-checking the FMV option, be-for use.

But are we taking about the bad static sound like it use to have ?, Are some other since this is fixed ?, up for one and down for the other dose not work like this full stop.

I might give it a crack soon, about getting it more stable, but it is not going to be perfect I'm no professional, just little knowledge here the there about as much as my skills are is just a good try.

Last edited by drwhojan, Apr 16, 2019 - Reason: info added
  10. legend80

legend80 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2016
    United States
    I was just referring to the sound being double speed, that's all. It sounds fine, but since I have limiter set to 240% to get video full speed, the audio is way too fast (obviously). I didn't know if there was a trick to slow the audio down while maintaining the video speed (probably not).

And as you mentioned the game is fairly unstable - crashes at the lvl load every ~2 levels. It's playable, but with the audio muted and the instability, kinda kills some of the fun. If the latter could be improved at all, it would be a fine experience probably.

11. JPXZ

JPXZ GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2017
    Brazil
    Citra Waring how to solve this Ines Aes Key problem [ 0.657331] HW.AES <Error> core/hw/aes/key.cpp:LoadPresetKeys:414: Invalid key name generator
    drwhojan

12. Fishmalk

Fishmalk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    United States
    What build should I be using for fire emblem fates? In both the official builds and in drwhojan's mingw and msvc builds from march 23rd my fps plummets to single digits when i get to a point where the in-game engine starts rendering stuff. Is there a build that runs this better?

13. warweeny

warweeny GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2011
    Netherlands
    Throw away the garbage pc and get a decent one.

people these days...

14. Smoker1

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Might not be his Computer. Example, I have a MSI GE63 Raider RGB 8RE, has a GTX 1060 (6GB), i7-8750H (2.20Ghz), 16GB RAM, with 2 SSDs (1 and 2TB). NSMB2-GE starts out perfect. The more time goes by, the more it Slows down. Get to the World Map, it is perfect. Then go into another World, it slows down again.

xmeee978 and carlosfg like this.
  15. Fishmalk

Fishmalk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    United States
    I was getting much better performance on a much worse pc previously.
    I was getting much better performance on a much weaker pc with an older unofficial build, but I don't know which one it was.

16. I''S

I''S Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2006
    Italy
    If you read here https://community.citra-emu.org/t/o...very-dlc-from-citra-some-dlc-is-hidden/100730 I have this problem with Fire Emblem Fates using Citra. I can play every DLC from my 2ds xl, but from citra some dlc, the others are hidden... I think this is a bug.

17. I''S

I''S Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2006
    Italy
  18. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    All I can work out they both work a together and cannot be separated sadly.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

PM you on this, not sure what game you where trying..

19. JPXZ

JPXZ GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2017
    Brazil
    Super mario 3d land.3ds and morre GAMES . 3DS drwhojan

20. legend80

legend80 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Any chance we could get a new unofficial build for April? Last one was from about a month ago and it seems like there's been some good gfx/perf improvements since then.