Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
COUNT DOWN 100 DAYS , SUN & MOON will be released. Hopefully within these 100 days the citra builds will be improved into a stable form :P
Don't get hyped. Maybe it won't boot because the game was transition from Chibi 3D to Real 3D even though Sun and Moon probably used either X and Y build or ORAS build(still X and Y build but with improvements).

Reactions: gnmmarechal

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
imagine combining the Qt5.7 with this chinese build!, wow what a bigger speedup .

How is that other build going 4 you Miguel, one I posted the other day, Although no need for admin to delete the whole post, rather then just snip the link lol...

Last edited by drwhojan,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
imagine combining the Qt5.7 with this chinese build!, wow what a bigger speedup .

How is that other build going 4 you Miguel, one I posted the other day, Although no need for admin to delete the whole post, rather then just snip the link lol...
Well. It's just Master Build with that. No new games booted like NSMB2 or Pokemon.
But yeah. I was shocked when Cave Story 3D got so fast in both Classic and 3D versions.
I hoped for some improvements on games that has issues bypass the freezes like Pokemon X and Y(maybe Sun and Moon) or A Link Between Worlds.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well. It's just Master Build with that. No new games booted like NSMB2 or Pokemon.
But yeah. I was shocked when Cave Story 3D got so fast in both Classic and 3D versions.
I hoped for some improvements on games that has issues bypass the freezes like Pokemon X and Y(maybe Sun and Moon) or A Link Between Worlds.

I know, it was just looking into more speed for now, that qt5.7 seems to help some what what with just the original officle build, even I get moor speed in zelda albw, top screen renders hell of a lot faster around the castle.

I was looking into the source code using visual studio 2015, getting little easyer to link where the files are going to framskips seems for be using framebuffers are skip_frame, they has to be a location in order to find fixing the frameskips freeze issue, may lies in the video core, just need to look what files are mostly used for frame ship, are when you edit it by one, where dose it send it to what file needed.

Maybe rendering bit too fast when enable the framskip by one, casing freeze...

1E9ixK2.jpg

Last edited by drwhojan,

neon_xeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello,
I have a Intel Core i5-6500 Skylake 64bit CPU,
I downloaded DaMan's Build from page 19 post but it seems whenever I'm trying to open decrypted Pokemon Omega Ruby .3ds file, the emulator is crashing.

Can anyone tell which date/build is best to play with Pokemon Omega Ruby? And where to get it?
Thanks

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
No where near mate, video rendering is well behind the real hardware, Although I can get the sound/music rendering to run at Full speed!, but runs way a head of the video rendering.
yeah, the sound is more or less near complete, but i think the video isnt that far behind the real one. the problem is the cpu. we need a recompiler.

Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, the sound is more or less near complete, but i think the video isnt that far behind the real one. the problem is the cpu. we need a recompiler.

I mean I modded the sound to run at 100%, download this and listen to the back ground music, between citra-qt.exe <- 100% speed sound/music , and citra-qt-Normal.exe <- ie: normal build

<snip> replaced -
http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/lgek36EJ/file.html

Source - https://github.com/citra-emu/citra

(Note) But wayyy a head of the video ^

(Note) this build don't work with pokemon, PS: what github link build did pokemon x/y work with ?, pass on the link! thanks.

PS: Don't mix builds, keep in separate folder

Last edited by drwhojan,

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
I mean I modded the sound to run at 100%, download this and listen to the back ground music, between citra-qt.exe <- 100% speed sound/music , and citra-qt-Normal.exe <- ie: normal build

<snip>

(Note) But wayyy a head of the video ^

(Note) this build don't work with pokemon, PS: what github link build did pokemon x/y work with ?, pass on the link! thanks.
i understand. if time stretch and all speed checks were removed, the sound would run at 100%. but the gpu is restricted by the cpu. so if the cpu is slow, the video will be slow.there was a hack for sound on one of dolphin's legacy build that desyncs the audio, called audio throttle or so.did the same thing here.

Last edited by raulpica,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i understand. if time stretch and all speed checks were removed, the sound would run at 100%. but the gpu is restricted by the cpu. so if the cpu is slow, the video will be slow.there was a hack for sound on one of dolphin's legacy build that desyncs the audio, called audio throttle or so.did the same thing here.

Yes it would help to get the cpu sorted, I was only dealing in hex editing, although i'm trying to understand slowly but surely the source code it self, but takes time, rome was not built in a day lol

more recomplender, are decompender , are what is was.

EDIT: sorry re-fix for the combin with first link ^^ replace it -
<snip>

Replaced link with fixes
replaced - snip

Stable video to normal, sound still 100% correct, 01 in hex downclocked the speed , the one in my text file in package, 01 after B93D8F , less more speed more like 02 more down speed

Last edited by drwhojan,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@drwhojan
Links removed since you didn't provide sources.

The source is the official one citra, sorry was in a rush this morning payday, shopping and beer for later!

PS: I'll have to re-post new links, did not keep the old ones .

replaced - Snip

@: reulpica the chinese dose not have a source code to go by, nore they would share lol, they also use minigw to build with with that some have not maybe usable yet, most of use can only use microsoft visual studio 2105 to build it with, meaning 99% of the hex is diffrent .

We try to ask the chinese dude gdmk, But we just keep getting ignored xd.

Anyways to the point, thanks fixed it with source code link

Last edited by drwhojan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball