Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is Citra (and 3Dmoo, even if not the correct thread) only for 64bit compatible computers?
I'm on Win XP x86, and the x86 build on emucr still gives me error "not a valid 32bit application".
It's maybe an issue of emuCR's build? maybe they compile both versions on a 64bit OS. I didn't find a faq or active forum on their website.

I didn't try to compile it myself yet, I never used visual studio.

Edit:
I want the emulator to test my homebrew, I understand that you don't like auto or random build provided to end user, but don't worry I won't cry if last released game is not working as it's not what I will use it for.
So if someone has a built for XP 32bit, I would gladly accept it.
Thank you.

I tried to compile Citra but it's such a trainwreck (it needs cmake, qt, zlib, png, boost and I don't know how many animal sacrifices) so I just gave up.
Here's a compiled 3Dmoo, though.

Attachments

• 3dmoo-x86-git-fc5fe857798e0b3f624962202977fd4ff2ad8d83.rar
    162.4 KB · Views: 532
Reactions: Cyan

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently trying to build Citra on OSX. I'm following the steps that don't use the homebrew thing:
Code:
it clone https://github.com/glfw/glfw.git cd glfw mkdir build && cd build cmake .. make sudo make install

When I do the line "cmake .." it's not doing anything. IT's saying that the cmake command isn't found. Anyone have any idea why?

Did you install cmake and other dependencies using homebrew?

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Putting out my opinion that I think this is a bad idea. Money just makes things worse in the long run.
Any particular concerns you are having here?

Fwiw, I don't think we'll be having the donation tracker open indefinitely - especially since there are only few items on the list which actually need money in the long run. Eventually the project should be self-sustainable via website ads anyway. That's how Dolphin has been doing things for the past year and so far there haven't really been any problems with that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for trying to build it for me.
I tested your 3DMoo build but it still doesn't work. I have SDL2.dll in the same folder but it seems not enough. I get : Entry point "inet_ntop" not found in WS2_32.dll
I probably require updating to SP3, or using SP3 dll in 3DMoo folder, but I won't download it from a random dll website.

Thanks for your help :)
I'll use my console and hbmenu instead of Emu.

Reactions: filfat

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
I tested your 3DMoo build but it still doesn't work. I have SDL2.dll in the same folder but it seems not enough. I get : Entry point "inet_ntop" not found in WS2_32.dll
I probably require updating to SP3, or using SP3 dll in 3DMoo folder, but I won't download it from a random dll website.

To be honest, at this stage it might be easier to setup a virtual machine with Linux (or any more recent MS Windows release) than trying to get someone to get MSVC to build a 32-bit XP compatible binary. Even if I weren't using a linux environment without access to a Windows compiler, I'd have virtually no idea on how to make sure my stuff works on XP.

bunnei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to compile Citra but it's such a trainwreck (it needs cmake, qt, zlib, png, boost and I don't know how many animal sacrifices) so I just gave up.

It only needs cmake, Visual Studio and Git to build the commandline version on Windows. You'll additionally need Qt if you want the debugger/GUI. This is documented here: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Windows-Build. The other things you listed are all included in your checkout.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Other than CMake, none of these are actual dependencies that you need to provide manually (cf. the externals/ directory). Qt is obviously required for the GUI, but there's a CLI version as well, which you can build without Qt.

EDIT: Meh, ninja'd :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, I guess XP is starting to get old. Until now everything worked fine and I never encountered programs I couldn't launch.
Virtual machine is a good idea until I change my computer.

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
I think it's a great idea as long as those who are willing to donate understand that this isn't like an indie release on steam. They aren't programming a game, they are making an emulator. The big difference is that While a game can be designed to work 100% and even in a timely matter, emulators can't be, but by giving them a few dollars here and there, it can cut out some of the bottlenecks in the early development cycle and at least help them get to the point of understanding the system to a degree that makes it so they no longer need to buy new hardware.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Yeah it probably requires SP3. Why are you on SP2?

extrun20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to compile citra-pica_progress branch used Visual Studio 2013 Express (Windows Desktop).
put nihstro and boost to externals folder.
but I compile false, and I got a lot of errors related to BitField.
IntelliSense error: invalid union members clubs BitField< 0, 5, Semantic>
Thanks for your help.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to compile citra-pica_progress branch used Visual Studio 2013 Express (Windows Desktop).
put nihstro and boost to externals folder.
but I compile false, and I got a lot of errors related to BitField.
IntelliSense error: invalid union members clubs BitField< 0, 5, Semantic>
Thanks for your help.
1. You don't need to put nihstro and boost manually there.. just use the git submodule command instead.
2. The branch is not completely ready, yet. You can find a comment by bunnei in the pull request which has the required fixes for VS2013, though.

extrun20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You don't need to put nihstro and boost manually there.. just use the git submodule command instead.
2. The branch is not completely ready, yet. You can find a comment by bunnei in the pull request which has the required fixes for VS2013, though.
Okay. I was successful compile. Thanks for the advice.

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you install cmake and other dependencies using homebrew?
I'm trying to do it without the homebrew. I'm starting at the "Building GLFW from source:".

I just installed CMake (went to the website and installed it like any other .dmg file) and when I went to do "cmake .." in the terminal, it still said that it wasn't a command.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1