astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in second year of uni, and my department uses APA 5th or 6th edition. It took me about 1 year to relearn the APA format, but I got it down by the 4th essay. Not a big deal - but however, I'm taking an elective, and it happens to be first year. When it came to doing the first written assignment, the format was MLA. So, we are sitting in seminar when the TA practically foams at the mouth because we didn't do the formatting properly! Seriously, I was practically in need of a rabies shot, not a H1N1 shot.

And speaking of the H1N1 shot - the damn thing scares me worse than the virus itself. It's a strain of fucking influena, most immune systems will be able to beat it. You may feel like shit (we have seven cases on campus, apparently), and I've seen people throwing up like crazy because of it. (I'm a bitch, because I laughed when my mother told me that her coworker's son was trying to take Tamiflu and puked it back up lots of times. I wonder if OHIP covers Tamiflu in the first place?) The vaccine is pretty gnarly itself - high levels of mercury and all that. I refuse to take it, because I eat a lot of fish, and I don't want the culumative effect to be ultra strong.

Seriously, back to the subject. It's not that hard to find a formatting guide on the internet, no? And it's not that hard to find a damn tutor in the library?

Secondly, I dislike the members of Campus for Christ, at least in this school. What happened to religious diversity? (I know we have prayer rooms on campus, but that's not nearly enough diversity for me. It's silly, but the other cultures don't have respect or an organization representing them in the student body.) And they are pushy! It was move-in day when they went around the dorms looking for people to attend their picnic. And they won't take NO for an answer. Worse than Jenova's witnesses. Hell, I'd prefer facing Final Fantasy's Jenova than dealing with them again. Stupid hypocrites.

PS - Found a Rappy Soul in PS0, now to build up a decent Mag!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
astrangeone said:
The vaccine is pretty gnarly itself - high levels of mercury and all that. I refuse to take it, because I eat a lot of fish, and I don't want the culumative effect to be ultra strong.
QUOTE said:
While we know that mercury exposure causes neurological disorders and that humans should limit their exposure, the real risk comes from a form of mercury called methyl mercury, says Dr. Robert Roberts, an immunologist and professor of pediatrics at the UCLA School of Medicine. Thimerosal contains ethyl mercury, a different form of the chemical. Ethyl mercury is metabolized differently than the toxic methyl form and excreted quickly.
“Chemically, the way the mercury (in the flu shot) is bound, it just can’t be utilized by the body like other forms of mercury,” says Roberts.

Mercury is probably the last thing to worry about in that vaccine. Can anyone say "half baked"? "Hammered together"? "Untested"?

QUOTE(astrangeone @ Dec 6 2009, 07:14 PM)
It's silly, but the other cultures don't have respect or an organization representing them in the student body.
What, not even the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster? I knew those guys were all talk and no action.
smileipb2.png

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why, but I enjoy reading your blogs! Teehee. It's nice to see another active female among the forums! Also, one that posts sanely and not obnoxiously. With good grammar and punctuation.

There are swine flu nasal sprays right? If you don't want the shot, try the nasal one!

P.S. Hey, let's play some PS0 together sometime!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just use one of the free various citation machines
Ive only had to use the APA one once in my freshman year for psychology

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God, I hate APA citation.

Joe88 said:
Those free citation machines are always wrong for me. My teacher took off points even if there was some minute detail off about the citation. I'm not in college yet however

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
God, I hate APA citation.

Joe88 said:
Those free citation machines are always wrong for me. My teacher took off points even if there was some minute detail off about the citation. I'm not in college yet however

Im with linkiboy on this one. APA suck. however i do not "like" any particular one. but when i get the choice i go for MLA.

IMO we need to make a universal citation system.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
It gets even more fun when one professor wants MLA and another APA in the same semester.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Joe88 said:

Oh god. Those things are so broken. It's not even funny. I dunno, something about those makes me grimace - my super anal TA took off so many points for it...I don't want to know about it....especially since my MLA is so rusty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o