XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I mean my parents, sister and vast majority of my friends are halfway around the world. I got my wife who has been amazing throughout this whole thing, but I'm sure it's been rough on her too especially since she's picking up the slack with our 4 young boys. Her mom (my mother in law) helps out a bit, allowing my wife to visit me at the hospital and stuff, but she's too busy looking after my special needs brother in law to really do much (sometimes I think we help her out with "babysitting" more than vice versa, lol). So yeah, long story short, I have a bunch of moral and emotional support but not a lot of help in the day to day. Oh, and my work has been super understanding and supportive, to the point where I want to return to work sooner than doctors orders because I don't want to push it. Over the last year I've taken about 16 weeks in sick leave and counting, spread out over 4 surgeries

Last edited by XFlak,

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So yeah, long story short, I have a bunch of moral and emotional support but not a lot of help in the day to day
I'm just here to piss you off enough to push you to recover, faster - Via sarcastic humor.
Hope it's doing something (?) :)
You're better than this. Just prove it ;)

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1704973810327.png

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Doing alright thanks for asking! After my Jan surgery I had a blood/fluid tube and bag again for a few days, like a ball and chain everywhere I went, lol. They removed it even though fluid wasn't stopping, so surprise surprise I had fluid accumulating internally again. After a little less than 2 weeks of that they drained about 800ml from me (talk about instant weight loss, lol) and added back the tube and bag. I still got it now, but the good news is that it seems like the fluid accumulation has finally decreased where it's practically stopped (knock on wood)! So I hope to get this removed maybe next week. Once this settles it's just a matter of seeing if the hernia returns and if so repeating my Nov surgery but this time with a different material I'm not allergic to. That plus a colonoscopy to confirm diverticulitis is what I got (docs have been back and forth on the diagnosis for awhile but we're back to diverticulitis again).

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hi @XFlak, How are you doing lately? hope you are lot better.
I'm doing pretty good! My main concern now is that I am having fluid accumulate internally, but it's such a small amount that it may just get reabsorbed by the body. This has happened a ton lately, I'm tired of having to be drained, or have tubes reinserted so I can empty the fluid into a bag. Hopefully this time it just stops and it's case closed. It's been 1.5 weeks since I had the tube removed and I can tell a bit of fluid is building up on the right side of my abdomen, cuz my stomach looks lopsided and unbalanced. Anyway, on the bright side it's not leaking out my belly button like it was a couple months ago before the last surgery, and it's not painful or anything. All in all, I think I'm okay, just need to stay positive and hope this final hurdle resolves itself and nothing new pops up.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Master? You guys sometimes pay me a little TOO much respect, lol

I'm doing alright, looks like I shouldn't need any more surgeries, knock on wood. My hernia seems to have repaired itself after all the inflammation from all the repair/reversal surgeries, so shouldn't need to install another mesh :)

Got a colonoscopy coming up next month which is likely to confirm diverticulosis/diverticulitis, so just need to be on the look out for flare ups in the future and adjust my diet.

I'm annoyed I'm still not allowed to lift anything yet, a month ago my doc told me to wait 1 more month, now he told me to wait 2 more. He told me not to run or do sit-ups or anything like that yet either, even though I feel like I can. I am playing soccer with my kids though which is nice (I didn't really ask my doc I just told him that's what I'm doing, lol), they've waited a long time to play sports with their dad again. Hopefully it won't be too much longer and I'll be able to pick them up and toss them around like I used to, and start teaching them martial arts again like they've been begging.

I just need to be patient a little while longer, almost there!

On another note, I'm working on some cool new modmii features/updates, I can't wait to share it with everyone but it still need a bunch more work.

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Master? You guys sometimes pay me a little TOO much respect, lol

I'm doing alright, looks like I shouldn't need any more surgeries, knock on wood. My hernia seems to have repaired itself after all the inflammation from all the repair/reversal surgeries, so shouldn't need to install another mesh :)

Got a colonoscopy coming up next month which is likely to confirm diverticulosis/diverticulitis, so just need to be on the look out for flare ups in the future and adjust my diet.

I'm annoyed I'm still not allowed to lift anything yet, a month ago my doc told me to wait 1 more month, now he told me to wait 2 more. He told me not to run or do sit-ups or anything like that yet either, even though I feel like I can. I am playing soccer with my kids though which is nice (I didn't really ask my doc I just told him that's what I'm doing, lol), they've waited a long time to play sports with their dad again. Hopefully it won't be too much longer and I'll be able to pick them up and toss them around like I used to, and start teaching them martial arts again like they've been begging.

I just need to be patient a little while longer, almost there!

On another note, I'm working on some cool new modmii features/updates, I can't wait to share it with everyone but it still need a bunch more work.
Excellent!, good to hear the good news, and be patient, don't push yourself to hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto