Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Geridian said:
QUOTE said:
When it doesn´t work with the GX, try the cfg for that game.
[..]
/edit Does your ISO auf MP T work with the "old" alt.dol method?

CFG and WiiFlow don't like my HDD for some reason, that's why I use USB Loader GX.

No, I just checked. Could I have a bad dump?

Geridian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, i think so
smile.gif

Just get another iso or redump the game.

But dump the game via the usb loader with a working cIOS without the DL Bug (which was present in old cIOS from Wani) or something like that.

Just install IOS 249 with any other base then IOS 58 (because this IOS base could cause another bugs and it doesn´t support the ios reload feature) from the d2xv6 package and when your usb loader gx loads the IOS 249 by default then everything should be okay
wink.gif

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, well, I am not sure if this should go here or somewhere else, but anyway, I am trying to compile the source of the homebrew installer, but I keep getting errors. Here is what I get. I think it is a problem with my libogc folder, as I have not yet made any modifications to the source code.

Code:
(Everything before here looked fine)

controllers.c
debug.c
filesystem.c
gui.c
c:/Wii_Stuff/D2X/sources/gui.c: In function 'getTextBoxAutoWidth':
c:/Wii_Stuff/D2X/sources/gui.c:21:10: warning: variable 'intLinesCount' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
http.c
image.c
libarray.c
libfile.c
libgeometry.c
libios.c
c:/Wii_Stuff/D2X/sources/libios.c: In function 'applyAhbProtPatchs':
c:/Wii_Stuff/D2X/sources/libios.c:429:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'write32' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
c:/Wii_Stuff/D2X/sources/libios.c:429:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'read32' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
libmath.c
libmatrice.c
libstring.c
libutils.c
main.c
menu.c
nand.c
network.c
c:/Wii_Stuff/D2X/sources/network.c: In function 'deInitNetwork':
c:/Wii_Stuff/D2X/sources/network.c:54:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'net_deinit' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
nus.c
patchmii.c
pngu.c
rijndael.c
sha1.c
system.c
tests.c
title.c
video.c
wad.c
linking ... d2x-cios-installer.elf
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libmxml.a(mxml-file.o): In function `mxml_get_entity':
/home/ew562c/Dev/wiichat/Client/mxml-2.5/mxml-file.c:1423: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr'
/home/ew562c/Dev/wiichat/Client/mxml-2.5/mxml-file.c:1423: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libmxml.a(mxml-string.o): In function `_mxml_vsnprintf':
/home/ew562c/Dev/wiichat/Client/mxml-2.5/mxml-string.c:209: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr'
/home/ew562c/Dev/wiichat/Client/mxml-2.5/mxml-string.c:177: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr'
/home/ew562c/Dev/wiichat/Client/mxml-2.5/mxml-string.c:209: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr'
libios.o: In function `applyAhbProtPatchs':
c:/Wii_Stuff/D2X/sources/libios.c:429: undefined reference to `read32'
c:/Wii_Stuff/D2X/sources/libios.c:429: undefined reference to `write32'
network.o: In function `deInitNetwork':
c:/Wii_Stuff/D2X/sources/network.c:54: undefined reference to `net_deinit'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/Wii_Stuff/D2X/sources/d2x-cios-installer.elf]
Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

Germini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geridian said:
OmegaVesko said:
Hey, can somebody help me get Metroid Prime Trilogy running?

I installed d2x v6 as:
base IOS 56, cIOS 248
base IOS 57, cIOS 247

Booting with either will kick me back to the system menu when trying to load the game (the main menu still works). I thought d2x fixed this issue?

You need a updated version of an usb loader which is able to use the "ios reload block feature" from the d2x v6 cIOS, like the new usb loader cfg versions.
And at last, you must tell the usb loader that it should use the cIOS 248 or 247 for that game, not another cIOS. You can do this via the "Game Options" of the usb loader.
Also you must activate the "ios reload block" feature in the game options as well if it is not activated already.

I have ran Metroid Prime Trilogy successfully using d2x v6 base IOS 38 on slot 249. Just to let you know it works. Of course turn on the ios reload block feature to make it work.

I have one question. How can I run Rock Band 2 with an emulated nand using this d2x ios?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Germini said:
Geridian said:
OmegaVesko said:
Hey, can somebody help me get Metroid Prime Trilogy running?

I installed d2x v6 as:
base IOS 56, cIOS 248
base IOS 57, cIOS 247

Booting with either will kick me back to the system menu when trying to load the game (the main menu still works). I thought d2x fixed this issue?

You need a updated version of an usb loader which is able to use the "ios reload block feature" from the d2x v6 cIOS, like the new usb loader cfg versions.
And at last, you must tell the usb loader that it should use the cIOS 248 or 247 for that game, not another cIOS. You can do this via the "Game Options" of the usb loader.
Also you must activate the "ios reload block" feature in the game options as well if it is not activated already.

I have ran Metroid Prime Trilogy successfully using d2x v6 base IOS 38 on slot 249. Just to let you know it works. Of course turn on the ios reload block feature to make it work.

I have one question. How can I run Rock Band 2 with an emulated nand using this d2x ios?

I can also confirm MPT works fully on d2xV6 final (base 56) via WiiFlow rev 355+ using my own dump from my retail disc. If you're having issues it is likely either an outdated loader or a bad dump. As for RB2 dlc piracy, your best bet is probably to wait for the Miigotu to work out the kinks in WiiFlow's upcoming NAND emulation support and it will probably work from there, depending on how they're implementing it (you'd need full NAND emulation vs just save file redirection).

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
Hehe, or use the latest Wiiflow beta thats coming up, which supports emunand channel game loading..
...is there an estimated release schedule or ball park estimate for the next beta or a Wiifow2.2 final? first Miigotu's post (link), then this one...the suspense is killing me!

i've been in/out of IRC and have been seeing miiguto's recent commits on GoogleCode, but i can't so much discern how far off it really is...
smile.gif

EDIT: sorry to go off topic for this thread, didn't realize this was the thread i was in until i posted....i just saw ETheBoss's post and clicked reply....

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just like any other games.
Use latest usbloaders to be sure it's compatible with d2x v6+ and set the "Block IOS reload" feature active in the loader or game setting if you want to boot through the game menu instead of selecting alt dols.

Just a reminder seeing the last few pages, this topic is not for USBloader help, it's about testing and developing the d2x cIOS.
If you need general help with a particular game or USBloaders, they have their own topics stickied on the Wii-usbloaders forum.

123daxil

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, but I asked to know where have I to install the d2x, in the usually IOS (38) or I need to install it in the Hermes's usually IOS (37, 57, 60) to load the NTFS partition.

Excuse me for my poor english, I'm Spanish.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
123daxil said:
OK, but I asked to know where have I to install the d2x, in the usually IOS (38) or I need to install it in the Hermes's usually IOS (37, 57, 60) to load the NTFS partition.

Excuse me for my poor english, I'm Spanish.
Well it's your choice, really, but I recommend IOS249[Base56] and IOS250[Base57].

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!