Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

pokemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
xfcrowman said:
kylster said:
Assuming d2x beta 7 is given to a select few for testing purposes. Do you have any plans on doing a public beta test? I am interested in helping test it out when the opportunity arises.

I have heard some things are being worked, but nothing as far as actually knowledge only speculation.

I have been using d2x v7 alpha5 with the latest wiiflow beta (r410) and it works very well. It works nicely with the new nand emulation support on wiiflow, and also works great with every wii game I've tried so far.

I suspect that a d2x v7 beta will be released soon
grog.gif

Good news thanks
biggrin.gif

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xfcrowman said:
kylster said:
Assuming d2x beta 7 is given to a select few for testing purposes. Do you have any plans on doing a public beta test? I am interested in helping test it out when the opportunity arises.

I have heard some things are being worked, but nothing as far as actually knowledge only speculation.

I have been using d2x v7 alpha5 with the latest wiiflow beta (r410) and it works very well. It works nicely with the new nand emulation support on wiiflow, and also works great with every wii game I've tried so far.

I suspect that a d2x v7 beta will be released soon
grog.gif

I asked a couple of pages back with no response. What is the target area to fix in v7?

-Erik

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
I asked a couple of pages back with no response. What is the target area to fix in v7?

-Erik

I'm pretty sure that Dave is still working on the EHCI module (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

rogergamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
JoostinOnline said:
rogergamer said:
i tried loading metroid prime trilogy but it seems to be stuck at the initial loading screen... and super smash bros brawl doesnt even start....
i use cfg with d2x in 248

help!
thanks in advance
Did you install base 56 in 248 (d2x v6 of course) and are you using the latest version of Cfg?

yes, i followed the d2x guide on the cfg site and i have the newest ver of cfg (50 i think)
could it be that my copy is simply corrupt??

dragbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
d2x cIOS Installer v3.0
d2xciosinstaller.jpg
Features
  • d2x cIOS v4, v5 and v6 support
  • hybrid cIOS and potentially any cIOS support
  • module to add new cIOS in d2x cIOS installer without having to recompile it
  • available IOS bases: IOS37 v5662, IOS38 v4123, IOS53 v5662, IOS55 v5662, IOS56 v5661, IOS57 v5918, IOS58 v6175
  • installation slot support (200 --> 255 except slots 202, 222, 223, 224, 242 and 254)
  • online and offline installation (WAD support) support
  • SD and USB devices support
  • classic controllers, Wiimotes and Game Cube pads support
  • argument --ios=XXX support in the meta.xml file to fix the IOS used by d2x cIOS installer (only active without AHBPROT)
  • argument --remove-cache support in the meta.xml file to delete the cache folder at the d2x cIOS installer exit
  • HW_AHBPROT support (enabled by default)
  • option to select the cIOS revision
  • batch installation support
  • module to save/load an installation config file
  • module to save a NUS script
Changelog

v3.0
- remove cIOS d2x v3 support
- add ES_Version patch to AHBPROT (Thx R2-D2199)
- fix offline AHBPROT bug (Thx Davebaol)
- new screen summary for an overview of the installation settings
- new log screen after the installation process
- add an option to select the cIOS revision
- module to save an installation config file
- module to load an installation config file (ciosconf.cfg file located in the d2x cIOS installer folder)
- module to save a NUS script to download the required files for offline installation
- some minor bugfixes
- argument --ios=XXX in the meta.xml file is only active without AHBPROT

v2.2
- add a filter on the "Working IOS" list to exclude STUB and FakeSTUB IOS.
- default installation slot on 249.
- default d2x cIOS on the last final release
- fixed flickering screen
- GUI improvements
- fixed case issue : now d2x=D2X and app=APP
- comments support on ciosmaps.xml
- argument --remove-cache support in the meta.xml file to delete the cache folder at the d2x cIOS installer exit
- HW_AHBPROT support (disabled by default) --> to activate it, uncomment the line in the meta.xml file and select IOS58+AHBPROT on the "Working IOS" screen (you can also use argument --ios=0 or --ios=AHBPROT in meta.xml file)
- [DEV] add support for the devkitpro portlibs folder in the MakeFile (Thx Rodries)
- [DEV] add a post-build.bat to update the meta.xml file after compilation

v2.1
- new icon (thx WiiD)
- add WAD files support on SD/USB devices for offline installation.
- google code project available

v2.0
- a new super cool GUI
- code rewritten
- some minor bugfixes
- add USB devices support
- fix the warning message when a slot is not free
- fix used slots list after a successful installation
- back to "Working IOS" screen in case of non-critical error.
- argument --ios=XXX support in the meta.xml file to fix the IOS used by d2x cIOS installer
- module to add new cIOS in d2x cIOS installer without having to recompile it. You just have to put some files (modules .app + ciosmaps.xml) in the d2x cIOS Installer folder. With this feature, you can easily build d2x beta versions or "hybrids" cIOS with specific modules (DIPP, EHCI, ES, FAT, FFSP, MLOAD, SDHC, USB).

v1.3
- cIOS d2x v6 beta1 replaced by cIOS d2x v6 final
- add korean common key into cIOS d2x v6 (all bases except IOS38) (Thx Damysteryman)
- extended Korean Common Key support for old version of d2x cIOS (v3 v4 & v5)

v1.2
- add d2x cIOS v5 final and v6 beta1 support
- implementation of the new cIOS identification method (on the v4, v5 and v6beta1)

v1.1
- cIOS v4 beta4 replaced by cIOS v4 final
- some bugfixes

v1.0
- initial release

Todo list

- fix the issue related with cIOS without ES_Version patch
- speed improvements
- d2x cIOS installer documentation.

Known Issues

- unable to downgrade the revision of an existing ÂIOS with a ÂIOS without the ES Version patch (Hermes's cIOS for example)
- without AHBPROT and the --ios=XXX argument in the meta.xml file, an USB device will no longer be detected by d2x cIOS installer after an IOS reload

How to add a new cIOS in the installer (documentation planned)

Since d2x cIOS Installer v2.0, it is possible to add cIOS without having to compile sources !
This new functionality can be very useful for installing beta versions of cIOS or even create "hybrid" cIOS such as the cIOS d2x vX but with the EHCI and ES module vY

To do this, you do not really need any programming skills apart from reading a .xml file and rename things.
So, to add a cIOS to the list, in addition to those already present, you have to grab the modules (file format .app) of the cIOS you want to build (look at ModMii's sources), place them in the right place on the SD/USB device and edit CIOSMAPS.xml file.

In binaries, you will see a file named sampleCIOSMAPS.xml which is actually the "map" of the cIOS v6 d2x (a kind of installation guide for d2x cIOS Installer).
Once opened with an XML editor, it's scary but there are only a few lines we are interested in:
- Here the tag name indicates the name that appears on the d2x cIOS Installer and version the final revision of cIOS (max = 65535). You can edit these two tags as you wish.
- Then enter the spoiler of the IOS Base you want to install, for example IOS Base 37, I open the spoiler
- Inside, the only lines that interest us are those that contain the tags module example: . If I want to change the EHCI module, I can simply change its name.
If you put multiples new cIOS, dont forget to change the line on the top !
- Once the changes are done, save and rename the file sampleCIOSMAPS.xml in CIOSMAPS.xml

- So now, let us see what to do with modules (.app files). The directory tree to use for storing modules mainly depends on the attribute name of the tag ciosgroup involved in the CIOSMAPS.xml. As an example, for a cIOS with :
CODE

Jennah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all, i'm wanting to install this new rev21 d2x fix. I'm still on rev20. with the cfg_70 ios58 v11. I downloaded the ciosx-d2x6 and the d2x cios installer v2.1. i went to install the d2x cios v2.1 and it said i needed to install it to some other IOS. I am on ios249. and it works for all my games. so im kinda worried about proceeding without actually knowing what i am doing. don't mean to be a pain in the ass, but my son has several disabilities and he learns via gaming world. so to mess up his gaming for him on the wii is a hassle i don't want to create. i'm wondering if someone could walk me through this? make sure i got the right files etc. I don't find modmii on my wii homebrew channel but i do have multi wad manager. I don't have a xml editor. unless thats notepad? I did see a few images in the posts on this topic but their not what the d2x install page on my wii looked like. however i didn't go past the intial bootup/install page.

Thanks in advance,
Jennah

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
dragbe said:
v3.0
- remove cIOS d2x v3 support
- add ES_Version patch to AHBPROT (Thx R2-D2199)
- fix offline AHBPROT bug (Thx Davebaol)
- new screen summary for an overview of the installation settings
- new log screen after the installation process
- add an option to select the cIOS revision
- module to save an installation config file
- module to load an installation config file (ciosconf.cfg file located in the d2x cIOS installer folder)
- module to save a NUS script to download the required files for offline installation
- some minor bugfixes
- argument --ios=XXX in the meta.xml file is only active without AHBPROT

- So now, let us see what to do with modules (.app files). The directory tree to use for storing modules mainly depends on the attribute name of the tag ciosgroup involved in the CIOSMAPS.xml. As an example, for a cIOS with :
CODE

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just wanted to say a big thank you to all the people who work so hard and put all that effort into cios d2x. just testet the metroid prime trilogy with my usb loader and ios reload block enabled, works like a charm!

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know if it's the issue, but there is a installer/d2x7a5 combo download floating about on the web that is goofy (can't post the site as it'll get snipped)

i tried it; it gave an error ("unable to get the module MLOAD for the D2X v7alpha5 cIOS base 37") trying to install the v7a5 using the v3.0 installer. i moved the beta files to v2.2 installer and they went in. ...but...

i was having problems with the cIOS functions (syscheck would freeze on them; games launched with wiiflow r410 would freeze a minute or so in, but the sync delay in d2x wiiflow was gone), so i dumped those to compare to a .wad set i got from ; they were different sizes....this set i have now behaves as it should (syscheck reads them; games don't freeze; sync delay in WF r410 is back unfortunately)

don't know if it applies to what you're experiencing, but if you got your module set from the same source i got mine, then it could be the problem....

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
airline38 said:
JoostinOnline said:
I don't know if this will fix it, but try using this meta.xml file instead:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qeyrbc57euy7ci7

I fixed the release_date and the no_ios_reload tags.

Same problem (error).
It was worth a shot. I'll leave the file up in case the creators want to use it. The changes may not have helped with the error, but I still fixed the date and no_ios_reload.

roubagalinhas

Trophies
XP
Country
changing the cios revision to 21 or 6535 makes any real difference?
does it change anything in the cios (features, compatibility, etc)? does it install a newer version?

if not what's the point in changing it?
thanks

MarcusIronfist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jennah said:
hi all, i'm wanting to install this new rev21 d2x fix. I'm still on rev20. with the cfg_70 ios58 v11. I downloaded the ciosx-d2x6 and the d2x cios installer v2.1. i went to install the d2x cios v2.1 and it said i needed to install it to some other IOS. I am on ios249. and it works for all my games. so im kinda worried about proceeding without actually knowing what i am doing. don't mean to be a pain in the ass, but my son has several disabilities and he learns via gaming world. so to mess up his gaming for him on the wii is a hassle i don't want to create. i'm wondering if someone could walk me through this? make sure i got the right files etc. I don't find modmii on my wii homebrew channel but i do have multi wad manager. I don't have a xml editor. unless thats notepad? I did see a few images in the posts on this topic but their not what the d2x install page on my wii looked like. however i didn't go past the intial bootup/install page.

Thanks in advance,
Jennah

You won't find ModMii on the HomeBrew Channel, it is an app for your Windows PC, which sets up the .wad files you need to install to your Wii...

You can get the details of ModMii from this forum thread: http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-windows

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1