Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
XFlak said:
So I've had damysteryman install and test ALL the cIOSs built by the latest ModMii beta. All the cIOSs worked fine except for 2.
damysteryman via PM to XFlak said:
cIOS250[58]-d2x-v6 and cIOS250[58]-v21 - Tested as working in MMM v13.4, but fails to load any games in CFG USB Loader v69.
The slot 249 versions of the above two work fine though... weird. Maybe it is a app issue or base IOS compatibility issue?
The only change to constructing these cIOSs since the last public release of ModMii (v4.5.7) is that all the cIOSs are patched to support the Korean common key. For some reason the base 58 cIOSs can load games off a usb-loader when installed to slot 249, but when installed to slot 250 it fails. My question is, was this always the case even when building these cIOSs using ModMii v4.5.7? My main concern for now is making sure I didn't break anything relative to v4.5.7 with the changes from my latest ModMii beta.

So if someone could test cIOS250[58]-d2x-v6 and cIOS250[58]-v21 built using ModMii v4.5.7 and confirm they behave the same as damysteryman's tests using the latest beta I would very much appreciate it. Thx!

I think cios with base 58 has problems when reloading from and to cios with other base. If you have a cios250[58] then try putting ios=250 to arguments in meta.xml, so that the loader starts with that cios and doesn't reload to it when a game is started. If you don't put ios=250 in meta.xml then the loader first uses cios 249 and when you select a game then it reloads to cios 250. It would be interesting to know if that makes it work or not. Also verify in global options that the currently used cios is indeed 250.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@oggzee
hmmm... if what you suggested works then the problem is likely due to the 2nd of the known issues reported in the 1st post.

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
@pokemonster: use v69c not v69. (in case he hasn't got the UCXF channel and use the french version from Jabe lol)

@Davebaol: Installer v2.0 is ready (put on your 3D glasses
happy.gif
)
but I don't know if I should post it here again or create a new topic
unsure.gif
(It's quite important now with v2.0 and here he will be put in a spoiler of a spoiler with spoiler)

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@NutNut
Nah... 1 spoiler only, just like now.
happy.gif

Also this post is stickied and unlike ModMii the d2x Installer is "just" a d2x installer.
Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not belittling your work.
I would prefer to keep here all stuff strictly related to d2x in order to provide better support to all users.
However it's up to you.

And thanks for your d2x installer v2.0, regardless of your final decision.
smile.gif

norbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
davebaol said:
I would prefer to keep here all stuff strictly related to d2x in order to provide better support to all users.

+1 / Like and so on. The first post is great for all d2x stuff. I google "d2x gbatemp" and this topic (page 1!) is the first result. I can see very quick if a new version of d2x and/or the installer is available. Ok, it's a bit scrolling to get the installer, but maybe davebaol can add an (working) index of contents (like for cfg loader) too. And support here is great! I think questions get mixed by newbies if there is an extra thread. I suppose there will be d2x questions in that thread.

@NutNut:
I agreee with davebaol: It's your choice and I like the installer. I only use that way. So please keep up the good work. Thanks.

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
d2x cIOS Installer v2.0

14389079.png

This is the official d2x cIOS Installer created by Dragbe and was made with the full support of the d2x team.
This homebrew runs on the Wii and is an alternative to the ModMii method to install the d2x cIOSs.
It's especially helpful for people without Windows and are therefore unable to run ModMii.
It can also install beta versions of d2x cIOS soon after there release by simply adding modules & ciosmaps.xml next to the boot.dol !

Features :
  • Allows to install the cIOS d2x v3 (rev21003), v4 (rev21004), v5 (rev21005), v6 (rev21006).
  • Allows to install additional beta versions or "hybrids" cIOS, without updating the Installer, by putting some files (modules .app + ciosmaps.xml) next to boot.dol.
  • Supported IOS bases: IOS37v5662, IOS38v4123, IOS53v5662, IOS55v5662, IOS56v5661, IOS57v5918, IOS58v6175.
  • Ability to choose the installation slot (200 to 255).
  • Ability to perform online and offline installations.
  • Support for SD/USB devices.
  • Support for Classic Controller, Wiimotes and GameCube controllers.
  • Support for --ios=XXX argument in meta.xml to set which IOS to use during installation process.
Changelog :
  • Installer v2.0:
    - A new super cool GUI.
    happy.gif

- Code completely rewritten.
    - Some minors bugfixes in new code.
    - Added support for USB devices.
    - Correction of the warning text when a slot is already use by a cIOS.
    - Now update the used slot list after a successful installation of cIOS without restarting the Installer.
    - Come back to "Working IOS menu" in case of non-critical error.
    - Support for --ios=XXX argument in meta.xml to set which IOS to use during installation process.
    - Now allows you to add cIOS in the Installer without update it. You just have to put some files (modules .app + ciosmaps.xml) next to boot.dol of d2x cIOS Installer to support them. Like that, you can easily build d2x beta versions or "hybrids" cIOS with specifics modules you want (DIPP, EHCI, ES, FAT, FFSP, MLOAD, SDHC, USB).
  • Installer v1.3:
    - Replacement of cIOS d2x v6 beta1 by cIOS d2x v6 final.
    - Added support of Korean Common Key on cIOS d2x v6 for all bases (except IOS38) (Thx Damysteryman).
    - Extended support of Korean Common Key to previous version of d2x cIOS (v3 v4 & v5).
  • Installer v1.2:
    - Added d2x cIOS v5 final and v6 beta1.
    - Implementation of the new cIOS identification method (on the v4, v5 and v6beta1)
  • Installer v1.1:
    - Replacement of cIOS v4 beta4 by cIOS v4 final.
    - Small corrections
  • Installer v1.0:
    - Initial release
To Do List & Known Issues :
  • To Do List:
    - New icon.png
    - Create a GoogleCode webpage for d2x cIOS Installer.
    - Support for .wad files in SD/USB root.
    - Improve speed performance of d2x cIOS installer.
  • Known Issues:
    - It's impossible to downgrade revision of IOS/cIOS already installed if you use a cIOS without ES_Version patch (i.e: like cIOS Hermes) for the installation process.
    - If you haven't set the --ios=XXX argument in meta.xml and you are using USB device, as soon as you will do a IOS Reload on the "Working IOS menu", the cIOS Installer will ignore the USB device !
How to add a new cIOS in the Installer :
Since d2x cIOS Installer v2.0, it is possible to add cIOS without having to compile sources !
This new functionality can be very useful for installing beta versions of cIOS or even create "hybrid" cIOS such as the cIOS d2x vX but with the EHCI and ES module vY
happy.gif

To do this, you do not really need any programming skills apart from reading a .xml file and rename things.
tongue.gif

So, to add a cIOS to the list, in addition to those already present, you have to grab the modules (file format .app) of the cIOS you want to build (look at ModMii's sources), place them in the right place on the SD/USB device and edit CIOSMAPS.xml file.

In binaries, you will see a file named sampleCIOSMAPS.xml which is actually the "map" of the cIOS v6 d2x (a kind of installation guide for d2x cIOS Installer).
Once opened with an XML editor, it's scary but there are only a few lines we are interested in:
-
Here the tag name indicates the name that appears on the d2x cIOS Installer and version the final revision of cIOS (max = 65535). You can edit these two tags as you wish.
- Then enter the spoiler of the IOS Base you want to install, for example IOS Base 37, I open the spoiler
- Inside, the only lines that interest us are those that contain the tags module example:
. If I want to change the EHCI module, I can simply change its name.
If you put multiples new cIOS, dont forget to change the line
on the top !
- Once the changes are done, save and rename the file sampleCIOSMAPS.xml in CIOSMAPS.xml

- So now, let us see what to do with modules (.app files). The directory tree to use for storing modules mainly depends on the attribute name of the tag ciosgroup involved in the CIOSMAPS.xml. As an example, for a cIOS whith :
CODE

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I just tested v69c (w/ ios=250 in the meta.xml) +cIOS250[58]d2x6 (installed by using d2x cIOS installer v2.0) for COD3 -> it didn't work. (blocked )

Then I tried v69c (ios=250) and changed IOS from 250 to 249 in the game option ->
the COD3 worked.

So it means the IOS 58 base cIOS has problem to "Block IOS Reload". IS it correct ?

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
airline38 said:
I just tested v69c (w/ ios=250 in the meta.xml) +cIOS250[58]d2x6 (installed by using d2x cIOS installer v2.0) for COD3 -> it didn't work. (blocked )

Then I tried v69c (ios=250) and changed IOS from 250 to 249 in the game option ->
the COD3 worked.

So it means the IOS 58 base cIOS has problem to "Block IOS Reload". IS it correct ?
Do you think it's a d2x cIOS Installer problem ? What about a cIOS250[58]d2x6 with ModMii ?

meizme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a launch week wii with a soldered 9 wire d2pro, i used to use wiiflow but when i upgraded to d2x it broke so i switched to CFG loader which i love now, however no matter what i do i can not get the darn ios reload block to work with prime trilogy off a 1.5Tb seagate usb2.0 HDD. i used the new installer 2.0 to get cios 249 d2x V6 final base 58 to install and confirmed with cfg loader debug window, cfg loader version 69c and metroid prime trilogy dumped from a retail disc, when i load the game in CFG loader it says ios reload block "enabled" and then boots the game but any time i select a game from the trilogy i get a green screen and then wii menu. also boot2 v4 is set to load HBC first, thought it might be an issue F.Y.I. J.I.C.

Trilogy all works fantastically from both the retail and my FUL DL backup.

any ideas?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Great stuff with the new installer
biggrin.gif
Looking forward to the googlecode setup
wink.gif

I'd love to see something added to the todo list (yeah dreaming)

- Get IOS if available from NAND (no need to download if you already have the files)

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
WiiPower said:
ES_Identify/ES_DiVerify can't be used with base IOS56. That makes it impossible to load decrypted discs with that base IOS, not that this is a big proble. But if you want true backwards compatibility of the cIOS...Base 57 also, isn't it ?
If it could, why cIOS with base 57 is not patched with ES_Identify ?
wink.gif

QUOTE(Slimmmmmm @ Jun 13 2011, 11:31 PM) Great stuff with the new installer
biggrin.gif
Looking forward to the googlecode setup
wink.gif

I'd love to see something added to the todo list (yeah dreaming)
- Get IOS if available from NAND (no need to download if you already have the files)
I will ask Dragbe about it
wink.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
airline38 said:
currently ios reload doesn't work with base 58, so base 58 won't be able to play any ios reloading games (without using alt-dol) for now regardless of what's in the meta.xml

the COD3 worked.
yea but u reloaded FROM base 58 TO a non-base58, so again, this result is expected (according to oggzee's theory)

try using v69c (w/ ios=250 in the meta.xml) +cIOS250[58]d2x6 to play any non-ios-reloading game. If it is successful, then I'd think oggzee's theory is correct

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Yes, there is no problem to use v69c (w/ ios=250 in the meta.xml) +cIOS250[58]d2x6 to play non-ios-reloading games. (tested "KOR WiiFit" and "Tower of Pandora" )

meizme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nutnut, you sir are a pip! first try after base 57 and Kablam no problem with metroid prime trilogy
thank you for the quick reply

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1st post updated with d2x installer v2.0.
smile.gif

Great work, Dragbe and NutNut!!!
yaywii.gif

EDIT:
Sorry, nested spoilers removed since they're buggy
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle