Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for GX r1088: I have alt.dol disabled; no IOS reload enabled.... MPT still gives me the 1, 2, 3, or main menu option as well.... if i choose main menu, i can launch any of the games (including multiplayer) from within the game (so, it's working) ....i just assumed GX will have to updated to remove that loading option for d2x6 users...or i haven't played around with it enough yet....

EDIT: got it figured out....turns out that after i made the change, i clicked 'back' instead of 'save'....so it had reverted to the 'global settings'..... with the settings saved, i don't get the alt.dol menu....

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
davebaol said:
@kirbymaster101
disable the alt. dol option
WAIT a minutes does that mean usblaoder gx can use the alt.dols on the iso on the hdd without having to use wiiscrubber and get them? If thats tru thats pretty cool too bad I'll never use it since I could just block ios reload. Does alt-dol work the same way for Wiii Sports Resort too? like if I load it it'll give me an option to watch the tutorial. BTW has anyone etst Wii Sports resort with ios blocking?

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now with ios reload block alt. dol method is useless.
And yes, now Wii Sports Resort works just like the original dvd.
You can access the viedos menu and select the one you want.
And of course you can go back to game.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
brausm08 said:
for GX r1088: I have alt.dol disabled; no IOS reload enabled.... MPT still gives me the 1, 2, 3, or main menu option as well.... if i choose main menu, i can launch any of the games (including multiplayer) from within the game (so, it's working) ....i just assumed GX will have to updated to remove that loading option for d2x6 users...or i haven't played around with it enough yet....

Delete your config files.
I haven't got this isseu at all.
It's not Gx related. It's stated in the beta thread to delete your config files.

Once again no problems here.
It's excactly the same a CFG loader.

"If i decided to clicl onr instead of main memu when loading metroid prime trilogy is no ios reload still in efeect and aldo what save slot would it load? "
Always the first, on veteran.

Don't use this method anymore. Use the "no ios reload option"to play the game as it's meant. ( like the disc )
You can enjoy the game 100% this way without any hassle. No settings needed with latest usb loaders.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@davebaol

I decided to try The Amazing Race after hearing that it didn't load, and I got it to work using 3 different loaders (latest revs of Neogamma, Wiiflow, and Cfg). It works with d2x6 (base 56) with IOS reload on or off.

To me, this looks like there is a bad dump that is floating around the internet and not a real issue. Therefore, I think it should be removed from the known issues list on the 1st page.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@xfcrowman
I know some people can play it without any issue.
Maybe it's a bad dump or maybe the game check somehow your system to detect the softmod.
Anyway I agree, It's not a cios issue.

pokemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi i want just says thank you all cios with ios reload works perfectly but ios reload with bases 58 dont works.i dont said why but only cios d2x final with base 58 reload ios dont work
mellow.gif

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
pokemonster said:
hi i want just says thank you all cios with ios reload works perfectly but ios reload with bases 58 dont works.i dont said why but only cios d2x final with base 58 reload ios dont work
mellow.gif
It's a known issue already. See the 1st post of this topic.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xfcrowman said:
@davebaol

I decided to try The Amazing Race after hearing that it didn't load, and I got it to work using 3 different loaders (latest revs of Neogamma, Wiiflow, and Cfg). It works with d2x6 (base 56) with IOS reload on or off.

To me, this looks like there is a bad dump that is floating around the internet and not a real issue. Therefore, I think it should be removed from the known issues list on the 1st page.
QUOTE(davebaol @ Jun 13 2011, 12:15 PM) @xfcrowman
I know some people can play it without any issue.
Maybe it's a bad dump or maybe the game check somehow your system to detect the softmod.
Anyway I agree, It's not a cios issue.
I doubt it is due to a bad dump, i tried three different dumps from the internet to check if i had a bad rip..
I also tried them on three different loaders...all resulting in the exact same black screen.
I used all available last versions of the loaders and d2x v6. And i tried IOS reload block on and off..

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ xfcrowman and Etheboss
I think it would be better to open a new thread where everyone should post his test results, specifying the loader used (name and version) and attaching a syscheck report.
This way a cross-searching on the results could tell us more.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So I've had damysteryman install and test ALL the cIOSs built by the latest ModMii beta. All the cIOSs worked fine except for 2.
damysteryman via PM to XFlak said:
cIOS250[58]-d2x-v6 and cIOS250[58]-v21 - Tested as working in MMM v13.4, but fails to load any games in CFG USB Loader v69.
The slot 249 versions of the above two work fine though... weird. Maybe it is a app issue or base IOS compatibility issue?
The only change to constructing these cIOSs since the last public release of ModMii (v4.5.7) is that all the cIOSs are patched to support the Korean common key. For some reason the base 58 cIOSs can load games off a usb-loader when installed to slot 249, but when installed to slot 250 it fails. My question is, was this always the case even when building these cIOSs using ModMii v4.5.7? My main concern for now is making sure I didn't break anything relative to v4.5.7 with the changes from my latest ModMii beta.

So if someone could test cIOS250[58]-d2x-v6 and cIOS250[58]-v21 built using ModMii v4.5.7 and confirm they behave the same as damysteryman's tests using the latest beta I would very much appreciate it. Thx!

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
goku1980 said:
for the homebrew method wheres the boot dol???
"1st post" -> "Method 2: Homebrew Installer" -> open the spoiler -> "d2x cIOS Installer v1.3: binary and source"
Of course click on "binary".

pokemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
XFlak said:
So I've had damysteryman install and test ALL the cIOSs built by the latest ModMii beta. All the cIOSs worked fine except for 2.
damysteryman via PM to XFlak said:
cIOS250[58]-d2x-v6 and cIOS250[58]-v21 - Tested as working in MMM v13.4, but fails to load any games in CFG USB Loader v69.
The slot 249 versions of the above two work fine though... weird. Maybe it is a app issue or base IOS compatibility issue?
The only change to constructing these cIOSs since the last public release of ModMii (v4.5.7) is that all the cIOSs are patched to support the Korean common key. For some reason the base 58 cIOSs can load games off a usb-loader when installed to slot 249, but when installed to slot 250 it fails. My question is, was this always the case even when building these cIOSs using ModMii v4.5.7? My main concern for now is making sure I didn't break anything relative to v4.5.7 with the changes from my latest ModMii beta.

So if someone could test cIOS250[58]-d2x-v6 and cIOS250[58]-v21 built using ModMii v4.5.7 and confirm they behave the same as damysteryman's tests using the latest beta I would very much appreciate it. Thx!

fails to load any games in CFG USB Loader im agree games dont load with base 58 i have build with the latest modmii

slot of my cios 248

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ XFlak and pokemonster
Hmmm.... if you install d2x 250[58] with d2x installer v1.3 is CFG v69 able to load games?

EDIT:
Also if I were you I would test it with other loaders too, just to be sure it's not a CFG issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist